• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Have you heard about these "Elusive Targets" being added to Hitman?

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/this-week-in-hitman-11-5-16

Seems kind of awesome! Brad and Dan need to get in on this. It would be perfect for UPF this week.

I would love to see them try it on UPF. One chance to take him out. Such a cool concept.

I only caught the beginning and end of MPP6, but I gotta say
Dan
winning Mario Party is like Roman Reigns or John Cena winning a WWE main event: expected and lame. Jeff's Dominatrix printer bit, though, had me laughing until my sides hurt. That was a quality goof.

popo

As some who has never played a turn based strategy game more complex than Civ and has always been scared off of 4X games - Master or Orion (new one) or Stellaris. Which is more newcomer friendly and why?

thx

That same dude dropped another bomb at the one and only Mr. Jaffe:

G99a9GP.png

#indidev

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've missed the vast majority of the last week or so of Quick Looks. What's been must-watch recently?

justjim89

Is it true that Drew audibly said "fucked" during MPP? gbzombiepie on tumblr says so.

Also, I beat Hearts of Stone last night and that is absolutely fantastic. I hope Vinny gets through it and we hear from him. Gaunter O'Dimm and Olgierd are fantastic characters.

derFeef

Is it true that Drew audibly said "fucked" during MPP? gbzombiepie on tumblr says so.

Also, I beat Hearts of Stone last night and that is absolutely fantastic. I hope Vinny gets through it and we hear from him. Gaunter O'Dimm and Olgierd are fantastic characters.

They can swear on video now? wow!

Salarians

Austin/Drew sounds like a good duo. I need to watch that.

O'Dimm is incredibly well done. That spoon scene...

Was kinda joke reply since I don't understand why that is so important. "wow, Drew said fucked!" ... I don't get it. More context please.

Really? Not paying close attention to that then, heh.

Yea as far as I know there's no video with him cursing (at least that's what I was told in here previously haha)

Gurrry

Guys - regardless of what the Bombcast says, im loving Battleborn.

It makes me sad that the guys hated it so much.. but honestly, they hate most mobas so it made sense why the game didnt appeal to them.

I agree that the Borderlands personality is a little too much and it doesnt feel as good as the shooting in Overwatch, but it still stands on its own as a good game IMO.

Trying to compare Overwatch to Battleborn is like trying to compare TF2 to Dota. It really makes zero sense.

I understand why the comparison is happening, but when you really play both of them, you see how the comparisons end after the moba character archetypes.

LiK

I think I played past the chapter that Brad was on so I'll now relisten to the UC4 discussion without fear.

Maiorum

As some who has never played a turn based strategy game more complex than Civ and has always been scared off of 4X games - Master or Orion (new one) or Stellaris. Which is more newcomer friendly and why?

I can't speak for MoO, but the thing about Stellaris, apart from the good tutorials, which makes it quite newcomer friendly is that it has a slow ramp; you aren't thrust into the thick of things. Like most other 4X games, you're quite limited in regards to what you can do at the beginning of the game, so you can take your time to absorb the available mechanics, and then new elements which are introduced via tutorial quests. The early game is a lot like Civ in that you're expanding and establishing colonies, and by the time you get to the mid game and really have to deal with other empires, you'll probably have a good enough handle on the diplomacy stuff to handle it.

Also, quality-wise, it seems that Stellaris is much better than MoO.

thx

As said above Stellaris has an excellent tutorial that even a noob like myself can understand it. (Played like an hour of CKII, that's about the extent of my grand strategy knowledge.)

beginning of the pcj ql is perfect

'insane' is still the best description i can give of the game

it's funny because it's an extremely easy game to get into and play with some level of success without even wrapping your head around all the crazy shit

and then you start trying to figure out all the systems and you start to lose your mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom