• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
thinking back to yesterday,
everytime they conspire against dan in mpp, whether it's during his presence or absence, it misfires

mpp5 was the only time it worked

popo

El Jefe is specifically NOT going to get a magnetboard from the nagging. :p

If Jeff ever copies Top Gear it will be him punching Rorie in the face because he didn't get Steak and Chips.

I can't speak for MoO, but the thing about Stellaris, apart from the good tutorials, which makes it quite newcomer friendly is that it has a slow ramp; you aren't thrust into the thick of things. Like most other 4X games, you're quite limited in regards to what you can do at the beginning of the game, so you can take your time to absorb the available mechanics, and then new elements which are introduced via tutorial quests. The early game is a lot like Civ in that you're expanding and establishing colonies, and by the time you get to the mid game and really have to deal with other empires, you'll probably have a good enough handle on the diplomacy stuff to handle it.

Also, quality-wise, it seems that Stellaris is much better than MoO.

As said above Stellaris has an excellent tutorial that even a noob like myself can understand it. (Played like an hour of CKII, that's about the extent of my grand strategy knowledge.)

Thx. I will add it to my wishlist for when I clear this mini backlog.

Even a day later, a big fuck you to the guy on twitter who narced on their shenanigans to Dan. Would have been way funnier seeing him discover that on his own (especially if someone tried to steal a star when he assumed he had a snack).

Even a day later, a big fuck you to the guy on twitter who narced on their shenanigans to Dan. Would have been way funnier seeing him discover that on his own (especially if someone tried to steal a star when he assumed he had a snack).

and a big fuck you to the people who said that map was the best

Man, it would've been more fun with the random start spots. Uuggggh.

daydream

Banned

agreed, fuck those people

like, why would you even consider that

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
https://twitter.com/petermooreEA/status/730789008691732480

I like Twitter again, guys

Thx. I will add it to my wishlist for when I clear this mini backlog.

Stellaris is my first Grand Strategy game and while it doesn't feel overly complex (meaning a lot of systems and stuff to keep track of, which I consider a good thing) it does feel a bit overwhelming at first because there is a lot of stuff happening and you aren't really sure what's important and what isn't. I'm sure I'll get used to it though

jaina

because they found a way to insert themselves into what they like. and in the process made it worse for basically everybody else. but hey, they got the attention they craved right?
The did not get the same amount of attention as Conner Tharp. (thanks again)

Megasoum

Banned
I needed a good "podcast game" to watch MPP6 so I reinstalled Civilization 5.

I love that game but I wish there was more of a sci-fi setting. More spaceships than spearmen. From what I heard Beyond Earth wasn't great and more a skin of Civ5 than anything else.

I guess Stelaris might be what I'm looking for but I'm WAYYYY intimidated by that game. In a way the new Master of Orion looks maybe a bit more friendly but it's also incomplete and from what people are saying, not as good as Stelaris.

mintyice

I've fallen behind on GB video content. I've been skipping UPF. How's it been lately?

If it's under 2 hours and Jeff is on it it usually isn't that good. Doom in VR may have been a highlight but then you realize that you are just watching Brad play Doom for the 5th(?) time.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I needed a good "podcast game" to watch MPP6 so I reinstalled Civilization 5.

I love that game but I wish there was more of a sci-fi setting. More spaceships than spearmen. From what I heard Beyond Earth wasn't great and more a skin of Civ5 than anything else.

I guess Stelaris might be what I'm looking for but I'm WAYYYY intimidated by that game. In a way the new Master of Orion looks maybe a bit more friendly but it's also incomplete and from what people are saying, not as good as Stelaris.

Yeah, Civ BE is not what you are looking for.
It's not bad, but if you already have Civ V ther isn't much reason to buy BE

doom's cool

don't know that I'd say it feels like doom though, since it reminds me of the new shadow warrior

that's not a bad thing, but it's, you know, not doom

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If it's under 2 hours and Jeff is on it it usually isn't that good. Doom in VR may have been a highlight but then you realize that you are just watching Brad play Doom for the 5th(?) time.
You say that like its a bad thing.

TraBuch

Banned
Screw the guy for telling Dan on Twitter and all, but you know Dan was checking his phone to see if any shenanigans were going down while he was gone because of how overly competitive he is. Just look at what he did during the Mario Maker thing with Patrick.

Screw the guy for telling Dan on Twitter and all, but you know Dan was checking his phone to see if any shenanigans were going down while he was gone because of how overly competitive he is. Just look at what he did during the Mario Maker thing with Patrick.

That's nonsense, Dan isn't all that competitive. He says it all the time!

Tagyhag

So I heard the map was a really crappy choice for this MPP, but is the video still watchable or just background noise material?

Also, hearing about that guy tweeting Dan isn't surprising. Hardcore Giant Bomb fans are the worst. Just a bunch of Brock Lesnar Guys.

DamnBoxes

So I heard the map was a really crappy choice for this MPP, but is the video still watchable or just background noise material?

Also, hearing about that guy tweeting Dan isn't surprising. Hardcore Giant Bomb fans are the worst. Just a bunch of Brock Lesnar Guys.

It's one of the worst MPP's but please note that every MPP is still quite the P.

EDIT: Also here's my Simpsons picture review of MPP6:

fxmsthf.jpg

mintyice

If you like listening to the same minute long song on loop and people complaining about Mario Party for 4 hours then go for it.

Lijik

First half is alright and theres some good moments. Once Dan comes back with the Prime Now box of snacks you can check out.

repeater

How the **** did that Ranma game rank below Masters of Teräs Käsi? It's the biggest travesty since Bloodborne. The science is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom