• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
2850753-mpp6.jpg
Mario Party Party 6

We've got a sun and a moon and a microphone. And chain chomps. Also cookies. Please come to our party.

---

0RIPrOP.png

Tubobutts

I'd be all in for a full-fledged Drew vs. Austin series.

Also, holy shit did the comments on that quick look page go exactly where you'd expect. It's not a true comments section until you get to the accusation of Austin being anti-Israel.
I mean it would explain why Austin is so mean to Jeff Bakalar

popo

Are we doing football chants now?

"You're shit! And you know you are! You're shit ..."

Also

Fugly Doom skin for the non-premium plebs. Gotta get paid son.

repeater

jeff.zone said:
The “business” end of this thing is pretty simple, really. We want to put the best, most popular thing we do in more places and expose more people to it.

It’s a good show, it’s real big. Bigger than it’s ever been, actually. People should listen to it. I want to continue taking over the world with this thing. There seems to be a big and growing audience for podcasts on YouTube and other video-based outlets (stuff like YouTube Red and their music-focused endeavors seem to lean in our favor on this stuff, too), so we’re going to put the show there and put it in front of more people. Originally I thought about just running a black screen or a logo as the video, but that’s shitty. We can do better than that. So we’re putting cameras up in there.
Jeff Gerstmann - still hungry, still a threat.
(Full post here)

Lunar FC

Dan is overdoing this "Pocket Card Jockey is complicated" thing on the QL/Bombcast. Felt like I had a pretty good grasp on everything that was going on after about an hour.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Brad killed Thanos.

IT IS TOO LATE, I HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING.

I'm looking at buying a Vietnam-era Tesla E88CC tube from Lithuania. This hobby is fucking crazy and I love it. Drew would be into this shit!

Well, as long as you were warned. Just make sure that the chase doesn't become the focus instead of a means to the end. I've seen people who just keep cycling through $1k+ products at an alarming rate.

Megasoum

Banned
So with live bombcasts, do we now have to spoiler bombcast discussion before wide release?

I don't care much about the potential spoilers since this is already the case right now since not everybody listen to it the moment it goes up.

What really worries me is that they will do stuff for the cameras that won't work on the audio version. I'm sure they'll be careful about that but in the end I think that it's inevitable. That fucking sucks.

Suddenly feels like people who can't watch it on video are missing out on content and that's not fun.

Well, as long as you were warned. Just make sure that the chase doesn't become the focus instead of a means to the end. I've seen people who just keep cycling through $1k+ products at an alarming rate.

I can totally see how that could happen. Been on a lot of forums today, and I see people buying $500 headphones even though they already own multiple $1500+ headphones just so they can check them out. That's insane.

With stuff like this I generally have a very fiery interest for a short time, then settle in and upgrade far more moderately over the long term. I had to get an aftermarket tube though, if only to give me a better understanding of how they can vary.

Myggen

Calling out Dan's small bladder shows favoritism toward Brad. I suspect Dan's crippling soda addiction has more to do with it in his case.

Also, ads on the premium live feed confirmed. Can't wait for the faux outrage.

YOU PROMISED US NO ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, there`s gonna be some of that, heh.

But that all sounds good to me.

I don't care much about the potential spoilers since this is already the case right now since not everybody listen to it the moment it goes up.

What really worries me is that they will do stuff for the cameras that won't work on the audio version. I'm sure they'll be careful about that but in the end I think that it's inevitable. That fucking sucks.

Suddenly feels like people who can't watch it on video are missing out on content and that's not fun.

Jeff has previously talked about that as a potential problem with video podcasts, and I believe he`s said that that`s why he`s been sceptical about it in the past. So rest assured that they`re aware of it which will probably minimize the problem.

Lunar FC

Maybe if I didn't use these shitty earpods daily,
nothing else fits my ear holes :'(
I could of been hearing the sound of somebody eating a tuna sandwich earlier..

mintyice

I can totally see how that could happen. Been on a lot of forums today, and I see people buying $500 headphones even though they already own multiple $1500+ headphones just so they can check them out. That's insane.

With stuff like this I generally have a very fiery interest for a short time, then settle in and upgrade far more moderately over the long term. I had to get an aftermarket tube though, if only to give me a better understanding of how they can vary.

As someone who collects guitar shit, tubes are a dangerous road to go down... Make sure to change them out every year or so! They do go bad.

popo

eurovision

landscape-1463089772-cir4-hvwgaqkqpu.jpg

Jeff has previously talked about that as a potential problem with video podcasts, and I believe he`s said that that`s why he`s been sceptical about it in the past. So rest assured that they`re aware of it which will probably minimize the problem.

If they still use the big mics and pop screens it will limit the interaction for the cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom