• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

here's the OP I was gonna do until I decided to enjoy myself

poLFqCq.gif

Robaperas

I'm so glad it's Friday. I was torn between relaxing to UPF or Commando with Film & 40s. I went with the latter.

I just watched Commando, holy shit what a terrible movie, but it was worth it just to listen Drew say
"My whole body is a biceps right now"

I've never played a Hitman game before, but this might be the one that gets me. It looks so good.

It is. On another note, tried out Nioh, it's a pretty dope game but I feel what makes the game for me isn't it's gameplay but it's ancient Japanese mythos/wording and how they are integrated within the gameplay. You have different types of talismans to equip to your weapons, different types of guardian spirits to choose from(each one has benefits to the type of build you're going for), unlocking skills in each weapon which involve you spending your samurai skill points to learn moves that are associated with that weapon, learning ONMYO magic(I don't know what that means but it sounds cool) or you could learn some ninja shit like throwing shurikens and all that. It's incredibly satisfying to put your sword back after a kill in the scabbard instead of the game doing it for you automatically. Heads & limbs being chopped off is also a plus.

Also:

its pretty dumb.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish they made more quality games that take place in that world because I'm not in the mood for a souls like game but at the same time this is what is making me come back to Nioh.
I MISS ONIMUSHA.

I hope someone from the site does an Unfinished for Parkitect in the coming weeks. It's a fully 3D, but isometric theme park tycoon game. It's basically like the old Roller Coaster Tycoon games in that sense (except 3D). It just reached Alpha 1 and is also releasing on Steam Early Access next week. It's been out to purchase in Pre-Alpha form since around last August via the game's website. I've had it since Pre-Alpha 7. It's pretty good. Still not quite there yet, but it seems as they just hit their first Alpha, it'll be a while until the game officially is released.

http://themeparkitect.com/
http://themeparkitect.com/demo/interactivetrailer.html
http://devlog.themeparkitect.com/

Xater

What is it with Dan and his N64 fondness? I am as old as he us and also had that thing, but I know how fucking shit it was. I still remember how much happier I was when I got a Playstation. Basically all I want to say is fuck the N64.

What is it with Dan and his N64 fondness? I am as old as he us and also had that thing, but I know how fucking shit it was. I still remember how much happier I was when I got a Playstation. Basically all Inwant to say is fuck the N64.

No way, N64 waa awesome!

Xater

N64 wasn't great, but it had some pretty good Nintendo games.

Gamecube/Wii/Wii U wasn't great, but it had some pretty good Nintendo games.

Yup and that's it. Nintendo produced some clunkers as well though. Oh and fuck playing anything at like 20fps.

Strax

What is it with Dan and his N64 fondness? I am as old as he us and also had that thing, but I know how fucking shit it was. I still remember how much happier I was when I got a Playstation. Basically all Inwant to say is fuck the N64.

Its the same thing for every Nintendo system. It had 5-10 great games that you could not play anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom