• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

oh my god jeff standing in triumph for finishing his own level

/edit this is the first time i've ever seen griffin mcelroy's visage and he looks simultaneously not like what i expected and exactly what i expected

Chuck

Still without luck
I wish Beast would have played more Bloodborne instead of struggling to connect to Nioh, a game which people are pretending isn't shit.

I wish Beast would have played more Bloodborne instead of struggling to connect to Nioh, a game which people are pretending isn't shit.

That might not have been much of an improvement. Vinny was out of blood vials so he would have needed to grind for them which probably wouldn't have gone so well considering that you have to kill some fairly tough enemies.

Wunder

I could not be less interested in this game. Jeff sounds incredibly bored too.

e:

"Yeah, there seems to be some charm in this game."
"hm."

yeah, the first game was pretty cool aesthetically but the gameplay was super rote and got boring quick. I kept waiting for it to expand but after like 4 levels of the same thing I was kinda done.

Does not look like this really improves upon the gameplay much. Surprised at how long the QL is tbh

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I feel like everyone who says they like it has some severe videogame version of Stockholm syndrome. It's not good, but it's hard, so if you don't like it, it must be because you're bad, right...? So if you get good at it, that makes it a good game! Yeah!

LaDGFfc.png

played 4 hours ago (Current time 3:48am pa cific) why

He mentioned a couple of days ago that he's going to look at some fighting games for science.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They made a sequel to Rocketbirds?

Oh gross. New Rocketbirds looks gross. The first game looked cool and at least had that going for it.

Snooker is kind of amazing when you find yourself unemployed but apart from that it passes me by.

It's on basically all day on the BBC in the UK when the big tournaments are on.

Houndi101

What was up with Jeffs glasses at PAX? They fit him

Edit just as I write this he says something about color blindness correction

popo

Poor Vinny. Is worried that unedited content will be too boring for viewers. Brad leaves the Quick Look recording while he goes for a piss. He at least understands what the audience will let him get away with.

Snooker Quick Look predictions.

10 minutes of "snucker" and/or European jokes.
10 minutes of bitching about how small the pockets are and how big the table is.
Dan makes a comment along the lines of it being for posh people and him liking pool because it is a normal game for normal guys.
To be fair, I would play pool every time as a preference, none of that 9-ball shit though.

Zaph

Oh, he's just solo'ing the old raids on his lvl100. Thought he was going to try a vanilla server, but I guess it's probably not a good idea to stream that.

It's interesting how much of a blast to the past these old raids are. The textures and geometry are straight up dated looking when compared to the new content.

Zaph

WoW is still pretty fun. I'll be getting the expansion for sure.

I've managed to resist the last two expansions, but demonhunter class? Damn.

Only issue is everyone will be playing one, and if WoW is anything like I remember, there's already way too much melee dps in the game.

It's interesting how much of a blast to the past these old raids are. The textures and geometry are straight up dated looking when compared to the new content.
Yeah, the overall level of detail in the raids jumped massively from Vanilla to TBC.

I thought Mists Of Pandaria was real pretty. It wasn't the cutting edge of graphics or anything but it had styyyle.

I hope the new expansion is good.

You still get glimpses of the old WoW if you dig deep enough into end game content (Mythic dungeons still require proper grouping and aren't auto-teleport, Normal raids can still be fun with tactics etc.)

Curufinwe

I feel like everyone who says they like it has some severe videogame version of Stockholm syndrome. It's not good, but it's hard, so if you don't like it, it must be because you're bad, right...? So if you get good at it, that makes it a good game! Yeah!

Reads exactly like an Arthur Gies opinion on a Souls game.

When this stream is over, and you get a hankering for some hot MMO action that's deserving of being played in the year of our lord 2016, why don't you give Final Fantasy 14 a try?

http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/na/

We have a lovely Giant Bomb guild on the Ultros server, and any one of you fine boys/girls would be a joyous addition.

http://giantbomb.guildwork.com/

Thank you for your time.

I wish I could get into FF14. It's the only MMO i've ever tried that I bounced off of, despite trying it multiple times. I think the slower paced combat + 0 reverence for Final Fantasy made it so nothing about it was compelling to me. It was definitely pretty though. I think WoW still has the best designed PvE in the genre. Only thing that came close was WildStar. Some of those boss fights got nuts, one of them had a phase that was straight up a bullet hell.

Zaph

man, gear itemisation was absolutely nuts in vanilla. Blizzard seems to have a tradition of terrible loot until the first expansion.

man, gear itemisation was absolutely nuts in vanilla. Blizzard seems to have a tradition of terrible loot until the first expansion.

With all the signs pointing to them developing a Diablo 4, I hope they've learned a lot from 3 and can launch 4 in a good spot. Diablo 3 has been fantastic since RoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom