• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted 4 is so fucking goooooooooood

I don't even have any special fondness for the series but man, this game. Jesus.

Xater

Man this MPP was a hard watch. I totally checked out mentally after a while. Mostly because
Dan won this hours before it ended.
It basically turned into pointless torture.

Don't know how I managed to watch all of Mario Party Party 6. Probably helped that I watched the first half live and the second half just now.

Not going to lie. That is honestly the worst video on the site. So boring. Why didn't anyone warn me? (Would have watched it all anyway.)

Xater

Don't know how I managed to watch all of Mario Party Party 6. Probably helped that I watched the first half live and the second half just now.

Not going to lie. That is honestly the worst video on the site. So boring. Why didn't anyone warn me? (Would have watched it all anyway.)

I enjoyed the ones before way more. This one was especially bad because they got barely any conversations going.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh my god

I put on Mario Party Party and started working

What feels like four hours later I pause the video, expecting there to be like 30 minutes left or something

I'm only halfway through

I enjoyed the ones before way more. This one was especially bad because they got barely any conversations going.

That's the thing. It didn't even have Jeff's trademark "repeat mini-games" rant. The food and the stealing stars gimmick limited the flow of the game and the conversation. Even if it didn't have "moments," it didn't have conversation.

I don't expect something like the birth of DMX Goomba every time, but the energy started low and sank lower thanks to the sanctioned break, the map's mechanic, and the food.

tchocky

Sources: The Ambitious (Now Cancelled) Plans For Disney Infinity's Future Included Rogue One, Bigger Figures

Our sources tell us that Disney was preparing 12-inch figures for some of their most popular characters, including Buzz Lightyear, Elsa, Hulk, Hulkbuster, Jack Skellington, and Darth Vader. The figures, set for this fall at $45 each, would have featured more detail, lit up, and acted differently in-game.

“They looked fucking cool,” said a source who worked on the franchise, asking to remain anonymous.

Until the axe came down, I’m told British action game studio Ninja Theory had been working on material based on December’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, while Studio Gobo, a studio largely known for external Disney Infinity development, riffed on the upcoming Disney animated film Monoa.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
That can't have been the SCOOPS because who caaaaaaaaares

Johnny V, I mean Anon, spilling all the hot deets tho

Salarians

The loss of DI is a bummer for me. I only got into it with 3.0 but I had a lot of fun with it. The figures, too, were very well made. I loved the unified style they went with. Bringing in characters from all the properties into one story mode (finally) could have been really cool.

But I can see how miscalculating toy production could have done them in. Unlike with Amiibo, I never ever had an issue getting any DI figures I wanted. Nice for me, but, yeah.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I never fully comprehended just how literal the restrictions were on cross-franchise play. That’s literally insane to me, the entire point of Infinity would be to play as Elsa running around Tatooine. No wonder old toys sat on the shelf, that mix-and-match approach would have driven people to pick up older figures I suspect

Megasoum

Banned
About 3 hours into the Mario Party 6 and it's kind of boring. Kill this series pls.

Always said that it's an ok joke that's been running for waaayyyy too long.

It's been playing on my TV since I got home tonight. I'm only halfway through and I don't think I actually watched any of it... It's just background noise.

Always said that it's an ok joke that's been running for waaayyyy too long.

It's been playing on my TV since I got home tonight. I'm only halfway through and I don't think I actually watched any of it... It's just background noise.

Yeah I've zoned out for probably half of it, I hope what they said was true about the later games only going up to 25 turns, I feel like that could make for a more enjoyable stream and more frequent streams at that.

pizzacat

Banned
Watching the mpp and wouldn't the worst mpp automatically be the best?

They wanted us to feel the phantom pain of the other features

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Again, I don't know if it's actually terrible or if we're going down a negativity spiral again.

Will have to watch it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom