• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggNife

CiVkfiHXIAA359q.jpg:large

fuck this
I'm sick as fuck of that meme but it doesn't change the fact that the majority's of DOOM's campaign looks dope as hell

About that, how am I supposed to engage them?

Because I seem to only be able to attack them to stop them chasing away my scientists.

You have to have the crystal sonar edict active and then when you send a ship (not sure if it has to be a science ship) you get the option to spend 30 energy to instantly survey it.

To get that edict unlocked I'm not exactly sure, but it's definitely from following along with some of the situation log quest lines when you encounter them.

Also, you can set your science and construction ships to passive in case you don't want them to immediately run away and instead just stay in the system until the threat is taken care of. A lot of the enemy fleets don't actually engage unless you get close to them.

santeesioux

Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword had awesome muzzle-loading rifle combat. I loved setting up firing lines against charging enemies, giving the order to fire, and seeing most of the enemies fall at once as a wall of smoke erupt in front of us.

The Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars multiplayer is a lot of fun too, you have to be smart about how you use your musket since it takes like thirty seconds to reload or you're stuck with your bayonet/sword. I definitely think a Civil War game could work, but probably not as a big AAA COD type game.

I'm glad that DOOM came together, played a little this morning and it seemed solid. Looking forward to digging into that and Uncharted this weekend.

TraBuch

Banned
In the same vein as Wolfenstein in what way? Do you just mean it's also a surprisingly great reboot? Or that it's a similar game with a great story and characters?

The Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars multiplayer is a lot of fun too, you have to be smart about how you use your musket since it takes like thirty seconds to reload or you're stuck with your bayonet/sword. I definitely think a Civil War game could work, but probably not as a big AAA COD type game.

Totally! I know the gun stuff is not what most M&B players are looking for, but I found it to be super fun. I have high hopes for Bannerlord.

Civil War could totally work, but I would prefer an American Revolution game, as that had a lot more guerrilla combat that would probably be more interesting. Basically I want The Patriot: The Game.

Chuck

Still without luck
Oh sweet, GBE gonna play some Hearthstone. Awesome. That's always a fun thing to watch someone play.

Like, totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom