• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

IIRC their studio PC has a 780ti. More than enough for 1080/60 if they'd just change some settings. I'm not watching at the moment so whoops if they already did that!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently you really need those new drivers, according to chat

Xeteh

So I don't know if Alex's "Rent Treznor" joke is an old thing or not but it made me laugh way harder than it should have.

robatw

They work for CBS and have subscribers in the ten thousands(?)

How is GBeast always about technical difficulties // cutbacks because of budget. I will never understand this.

repeater

They work for CBS and have subcribers in the ten thousands(?)

How is GBeast always about technical difficulties // cutbacks because of budget. I will never understand this.
Gerstmann is worried GBeast's output would make the SF office look shitty if given a level playing field, so he's supplied the NY office with some of Rorie's old WoW raid rigs.

Doom seems like they saw the new Wolfenstien and made that again but they where given the Doom 3 art book.

Seems like it might actually be pretty fun.

Doom seems like they saw the new Wolfenstien and made that again but they where given the Doom 3 art book.

Seems like it might actually be pretty fun.

I'd say it's more like if they told Flying Wild Hog to make a new Doom.

I never used the pistol after I got new weapons.

The pistol in Doom feels so bad

think of it like the blaster from quake 2 except the charge shot is actually useful

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't want to be that guy

but it's very weird watching someone play this game with a controller after playing a few hours with a mouse

Wunder

I don't want to be that guy

but it's very weird watching someone play this game with a controller after playing a few hours with a mouse

yeah the way some enemies wiggle around seem like it would be hard to kill a bunch fast with a controller. Then again I'm terrible with a controller so that's probably just me

justjim89

Doom is so good. My laptop only runs it at like 18-22 fps, but holy shit is it great. Default difficulty is a bit easy, as my only death has been falling down a pit, but the combat is so satisfying. The verticality, the speed, balancing executions with chainsaw kills to manage ammo and health, it's all great. They did exactly what they needed to do, just like Wolfenstein.

Edit: Damn it, I missed the retro level they found.

Hearthstone is nice but I got deep into Magic The Gathering and that's a dark place in my life I didn't wan't to revisit.

EDIT - The phrase 'i got lethal' can fuck off though.

Myggen

PmztQyx.png

" Does this mean you're going to play video games with me tonight, Dan?" Holy shit. Did I just say that? His mouth drops open slightly, but he recovers quickly. “No, Anastasia it doesn’t. Firstly, I don’t play video games. I play Mario Party… hard. Secondly, there’s a lot more paperwork to do, and thirdly, you don’t yet know what you’re in for. You could still run for the hills. Come, I want to show you my playroom.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/giantbomb/comments/4j6rvu/50_shades_of_dan/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom