• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Xenoblade Chronicles X is such a weird dumb and cool game. I'm happy to be getting back to it. It's not as good as the original, but it's just so damn weirdly charming. Like if Swery made a large scale RPG.

Also, the music is still so damn rad. It's hilarious to hear people complain about it. Is it XC level? Hell no, but if you put a XC style soundtrack on it wouldn't work. This is the type of game that needs hilarious over the top J-Rock.

2851144-upf05132016.jpg

Unprofessional Fridays: 05/13/2016

Brad's up to something he shouldn't, Dan nukes France, Commodore Jeff grabs his shotgun, and Jason brings legends and superstars together.

----

GBE: Megadate 05/13/2016

We battle the forces of darkness in DOOM, Hearthstone, and Galak-Z. All with new mics! [Demons hate those]

justjim89

Doom Quick Look is great, GBEast playing Doom is great, Doom is great, Beefy Crunch Burritos are great, great workouts are great.

Today was a great day.

Curufinwe

Xenoblade Chronicles X is such a weird dumb and cool game. I'm happy to be getting back to it. It's not as good as the original, but it's just so damn weirdly charming. Like if Swery made a large scale RPG.

Also, the music is still so damn rad. It's hilarious to hear people complain about it. Is it XC level? Hell no, but if you put a XC style soundtrack on it wouldn't work. This is the type of game that needs hilarious over the top J-Rock.

It also needed a volume slider. You can barely hear the dialogue a lot of the time.

It also needed a volume slider. You can barely hear the dialogue a lot of the time.

Somewhat related, I love the audio options Uncharted 4 has. Occasionally dialogue can be overwhelmed by sound effects, especially at night when I keep the volume low. I'd prefer it'd be standard on the console end but what are you going to do.

Accessibility option to hold triangle instead of tapping is welcomed, too. Wish Platinum Games would add an alternative to loosing the analogs every stun lock.

MPP 6 is the first GB content to actually put me to sleep

I think the only high point is right at the end. It's only a high point because of what an exercise in tedium the prior 4 hours are.

I really think MPPs should only be filmed in front of a live studio audience from this point.

I haven't seen the last 40 minutes, but MPP6 has been about the same as the others so far, to me. Drew is MVP, Jeff is bored, Dan is unusually excited, and Brad is eager to leave. Same ol', same ol'.

The thing is, this MPP is the first one I've seen (I skipped the live one) that has actually had varied minigames, which makes it more interesting. The journey to the end is the same as always, even if the ending was chreographed long ago due to the bad board choice essentially handing it out.

yami4ct

I think wheat's funny about Spoilermaker is that he gets so overly careful about non-spoilers, yet he has the spoiler reputation for a reason. Yes, people overreact most of the time to him 'spoiling' stuff, but he has randomly dropped major spoilers like they're nothing on more than one occasion. Truly a man of contradictions.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think wheat's funny about Spoilermaker is that he gets so overly careful about non-spoilers, yet he has the spoiler reputation for a reason. Yes, people overreact most of the time to him 'spoiling' stuff, but he has randomly dropped major spoilers like they're nothing on more than one occasion. Truly a man of contradictions.

What do you think if I spoil you... this?

justjim89

I really liked the format for today's GBEast Megadate. Everybody bringing something and spending about 45 minutes or so on it. It's like a better version of UPF because fewer people means longer segments.

GBEast is top tier.

Lijik

*Menacing piano tone*

I thought the latest Beastcast was just going to be an average episode, but would you believe that not only was I dead wrong - all of my expectations were vastly surpassed. I was shocked, but I kept listening. However is this truly the finest Giant Bomb podcast? Lets refer to my graphs...

Lunar FC

Things worse than being at a party that you know one person at?

Edit: this dudes vape rig so big that he needs two hands to hold it.

Good insomnia cure that

I guess not all vids can be winners.

BTW latest Beastcast was the best Giantbomb related cast in a good while.

Bombcast is still my favorite because I've been listening to Brad and Jeff for like eight years now and I value their perspective even if it's just a one word dismissal, but yeah Beastcast has a great depth to it. The uncharted discussion last week was really really great.

justjim89

Bombcast is still my favorite because I've been listening to Brad and Jeff for like eight years now and I value their perspective even if it's just a one word dismissal, but yeah Beastcast has a great depth to it. The uncharted discussion last week was really really great.

Bombcast is better at talking about dumb shit, Beastcast is better at talking about shit in-depth.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

It was?

All I rememberef of the uncharted discussion was "really flowery language in reviews makes me distrust them" *talks about uncharted 4 in really flowery language*

yami4ct

GBEast played Galak-Z? Oh boy. Here's another reminder that the way that game is released and how it's been updated is still utter bullshit.

yami4ct

Once I saw them playing this, I knew this post was coming. Predictable, but <3.

I'm still in awe about how that shit went down. Not only did they release an unfinished game, but then they released an alternate mode it should've had since they started instead of delivering what they promised? Also doesn't help that that endless mode looks baaaaaaad.

I think it bothers me so much because I really liked that game. It always stings the most when those you care about betray you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom