• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zzz2JDA.png

had a bunch of dominos for dinner and i am PRETTY sure i am feeling the early onset of food poisoning and this is what i get for eating dan food

also something isn't the same with this mario party 90 minutes in, when does the cut throat start

tuxfool

Banned
It's like Dota but with base building and controlling more than one unit.

Maybe saying it is like Starcraft is more accurate. The first two games were very much standard RTSes like Dune2 but with hero characters. Warcraft 3 went a lot deeper into Hero characters though.

had a bunch of dominos for dinner and i am PRETTY sure i am feeling the early onset of food poisoning and this is what i get for eating dan food

What you're suffering from is indigestion. Dominoes are usually made out of plastic. Don't eat plastic.

I forgot how bad that board was in MP6. I remember when me and some friends played it, we went 10 turns on it before we quit and changed to a new one. I can't believe they played 50 turns of something that's even more garbage than the usual garbage.

repeater

The start of this Mario Party Party/Eurovision stream is pretty great, though,

Giant Bomb #23 | Mathematically, There Are Ten Mario Parties

Jothel

Bought UFC 2 in a sale and trying to make my game face except it says "generating game face, please don't close your browser" and has been for a few hours? What do?

Bought UFC 2 in a sale and trying to make my game face except it says "generating game face, please don't close your browser" and has been for a few hours? What do?

I got it through rental last week and thought it was terrible. It only took me 12 fights to win the championship in career mode and there was pretty much nothing else to do after that.

Online is OK but it's just people spamming high knees.

Myggen

I`m watching the Peachy Printer Kickstarter stuff that they talked about on the Beastcast. What a bizarre fucking thing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Watching mario party and playing dark souls 3 at the same time and I'm not sure which one contained more misery and anguish.

On another note, the
irithyll dungeon
in DS3 is pretty fucking cool but holy shit do the enemies there suck.

I need help. I really wanna watch the Mario Party video on a plane trip I'm taking but everytime I try to copy it to my Android tablet it says "file too large for destination file system". :( Is there an easy way to split the video into say 3 parts?

I need help. I really wanna watch the Mario Party video on a plane trip I'm taking but everytime I try to copy it to my Android tablet it says "file too large for destination file system". :( Is there an easy way to split the video into say 3 parts?

If you're not downloading the medium quality version, go for that. If you are, maybe you could just use Movie Maker or something to cut it up and get the filesize down.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

if you're comfortable using command line applications download ffmpeg

Code:
ffmpeg -i C:\in.mp4 -c copy -map 0 -f segment -segment_time 3600 out_%03d.mp4

this will split a file into hour long chunks you just need to change "C:\in.mp4" to the file location and "3600" to how long you want the chunks (in seconds)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted 4 is an A+++ videogame you guys. It's probably the Dark Souls of Citizen Kanes.

Doom QL good time...John Hellway, lol. I'd probably buy it but I'm still playing through UC4. I'm about halfway through but I don't think I like it as much as most other people. You climb, then you shoot. I get it.

This WWE game looks fun, I never thought I could write fun and WWE, in a positive way on the same sentence.

All Stars is a great time. Like Jeff said, it's really what WWE games should be because it emulates the absurdity that you want out of a wrestling game rather than the realistic sim thing.

Robaperas

All Stars is a great time. Like Jeff said, it's really what WWE games should be because it emulates the absurdity that you want out of a wrestling game rather than the realistic sim thing.

Yeah, I definitely see that, it's weird to see those 2K games aiming for simulation and convoluted mechanics, instead of this arcade-y, almost fighting type of game.

justjim89

All Stars seems like a cool thing, but I would never want it to replace real wrestling games. Especially since it's basically a fucking fighting game. Gross. I enjoy wrestling games replicating the television product, I don't want every finisher to involve jumping into the air 20 feet and doing a backflip. In the newer ones, the AI actually does clever things like roll into position for a flying move when you climb the turnbuckle, or put you in situations to counter into a signature move when you have one ready. It's a neat way of adding in a slight dynamic of cooperation and putting on a show in a still competitive match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The issue with what you're saying is the wrestling games now don't replicate the wrestling product. The games in puroresu party, especially KoC 2, are much closer to that. And that game's over 10 years old.

repeater

Maybe it was due to very low expectations induced by all the negative reactions in this thread, but I thought that was a pretty good Mario Party, in fact. Sure, the energy level was a bit too low after the snacks came in, but first half was a lot of fun. Also, MP6 might actually be the best Mario Party game so far, at least to me the minigames didn't seem as shitty as in previous installments.

If the whole Mario Party Party series corresponded to a single game of Mario Party, the guys would now just have finished turn 30 out of 50. I bet that must feel great for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom