• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ya gonna do brother!

s-l225.jpg

Joeku

Rorie is good people; he got back to me super quickly to correct my subscription when it fucked up during the sale.

Brad died while god mode was enabled during the LucasArts stream. Nothing can stop his natural inclination for death. Presumably, if he reversed his chosen controller, he could kill any enemy by inverting the flow of negative life.

outside of the Halo games, Doom has the best implementation of intense, adaptive, exciting combat arenas out there. it's surprisingly tactical. this game is super impressive.

e: also that polygon thread is embarrassing, and I'm not talking about the video they're talking about

MPP6 sucked out my will to live, but actually playing games brought it back.

I beat Dark Souls 3. I still can't tell if it was by far the easiest one of those or if I've just played too many of them.

Ketch

Damn. Spoiler maker never fails.

Like it's not a big spoiler

No

I don't even care about it

No

It's just Danny told me some stuff

Maybe we'll talk about it later, after the video

spoiler anyway, fuck anybody who doesn't want to know.

Myggen

Damn. Spoiler maker never fails.

Like it's not a big spoiler

No

I don't even care about it

No

It's just Danny told me some stuff

Maybe we'll talk about it later, after the video

spoiler anyway, fuck anybody who doesn't want to know.

The "spoiler" was that there's quite a lot of hell in a DOOM campaign.

Come on.

That's on the level of surprise as nazis in a Wolfenstein game.

It's bugging me about how people complain of spoilers.

"Nathan Drake drives a car in Uncharted 4"
"OH HEY WHOA MAN, WHOA, FUCKING SPOILER CULTURE, WHOA THERE DUDE. WHOA. NOT COOL. OH MY GOD. HOW COULD YOU. I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME BUT NOW THAT YOU HAVE TOLD ME AN OUT OF CONTEXT IRRELEVANT THING I CANNOT BE EXCITED FOR IT ANYMORE AND NOW EVERYTHING IS RUINED."

To be facetious a bit, but man.

Ketch

You guys are right it's really not that big of a spoiler, or a spoiler at all, but some one says no don't say it three times in a row and then you just say it anyway? Is it really that hard to just not say anything? Does it add anything to the conversation?

I don't care about doom or spoilers generally, it's just cringe inducing and he does it all the time.

Ketch

It's bugging me about how people complain of spoilers.

"Nathan Drake drives a car in Uncharted 4"
"OH HEY WHOA MAN, WHOA, FUCKING SPOILER CULTURE, WHOA THERE DUDE. WHOA. NOT COOL. OH MY GOD. HOW COULD YOU. I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME BUT NOW THAT YOU HAVE TOLD ME AN OUT OF CONTEXT IRRELEVANT THING I CANNOT BE EXCITED FOR IT ANYMORE AND NOW EVERYTHING IS RUINED."

To be facetious a bit, but man.

To throw the hyperbole in the opposite direction:

"Should I spoil uncharted 4?"

"Nope, please don't"

"But it's not even really a spoiler"

"No, just don't say anything"

"But I really want to show off what I know that other people don't"

"Let's just talk about it after the video is over ok?"

"NATHAN DRAKE DRIVES A CAR IN UNCHARTED 4!"

When did people start calling it spoiler culture?
Follow up question: Is it possible to appropriate spoiler culture?

I imagine at least 50% of internet complaints about spoilers are people whining about things they didn't have much interest playing/watching so I think it's fair to say it's always been appropriated.

My advice to anybody who doesn't want shit spoiled is don't watch any content or critique that doesn't explicitly state it's not going to spoil shit.

Myggen

You guys are right it's really not that big of a spoiler, or a spoiler at all, but some one says no don't say it three times in a row and then you just say it anyway? Is it really that hard to just not say anything? Does it add anything to the conversation?

I don't care about doom or spoilers generally, it's just cringe inducing and he does it all the time.

Regardless I have no problem with Brad saying something that`s literally not a spoiler on any level. He made it sound like a spoiler which is why the others said he could tell them off camera, but I guess he realized that it`s not a spoiler in any way shape or form so he said it. So this is absolutely nothing.

Regardless I have no problem with Brad saying something that`s literally not a spoiler on any level. He made it sound like a spoiler which is why the others said he could tell them off camera, but I guess he realized that it`s not a spoiler in any way shape or form so he said it. So this is absolutely nothing.

The way I see it, Brad saying if he doesn't know whether he should say it or not is because people are so sensitive to the smallest thing. Like, oh look at this unlockable thing or let me mention something that happens in a sequence with no context, and people will freak the smallets things. So I dont' blame Brad for being wary of saying things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom