• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
GOTY podcast:

Brad: I'm sorry but I just don't see Uncharted 4 on here. It's the fourth Uncharted. Been there done that. Clash Royale on the other hand...
Drew: Nein.
Brad: OKOK. But you know what has to be on here, just has to be? DOOM.
Drew: But it's the fourth one.
Brad: No it's not.
Drew. Yes it is! It's the sequel of Doom 3. Hence it's the fourth Doom, Brad.
Brad: OK, first of all, it doesn't have a 4 in the title. And second of all, what game nowadays is like Doom? Every game is Uncharted.
Jeff: Brad, I want you to leave Giant Bomb and never come back. And take Dan with you.
Dan: What? Why? What did I do?
Jeff: You are eating black liquorice with nacho cheese sauce, that's what you do. Now get out.

KingKong

GOTY podcast:

Brad: I'm sorry but I just don't see Uncharted 4 on here. It's the fourth Uncharted. Been there done that. Clash Royale on the other hand...
Brad: OK, first of all, it doesn't have a 4 in the title. And second of all, what game nowadays is like Doom? Every game is Uncharted.
Jeff: Brad, I want you to leave Giant Bomb and never come back. And take Dan with you.
Jeff: You are eating black liquorice with nacho cheese sauce, that's what you do. Now get out.

and then they start taking their clothes off

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted 4 is good enough to be on there. Only one who's gonna poo-poo it is Jeff because he hates everything. And maybe Austin because he's Austin.

GOTY podcast:

bradwatchtheworldburn9xrof.gif

Volotaire

I really need to get round to playing the Uncharted series. The talk surrounding this game's release has got me intrigued once again. Always wanted to try it.

GOTY podcast:

what's the over/under on the ability to crotch chop online being something Dan defends Doom with

Uncharted 4 is going to have a hard time. Austin and Jeff flat out don't like the series and they are two of the big voices there. Dan loves it most but he doesn't push things hard.

Uncharted 4 is going to have a hard time. Austin and Jeff flat out don't like the series and they are two of the big voices there. Dan loves it most but he doesn't push things hard.

FWIW, UC4 is a rather different game in a lot of aspects than its predecessors. I think that might win Austin over, but I'll wait and see.

Meneses

#makeGBgotyagain

Austin will bat for something (maybe Dishonored 2 or Firewatch) because it is "important", and disqualify something big (maybe Uncharted 4) because "it has nothing to say".

Jeff will pull another Gerstmaneuver when he sees something he likes not getting traction (maybe Superhot) and dismiss something he doesn't like without having really seen it (probably Uncharted 4).

Drew will say a lot of level-headed stuff about most things but be ignored by everyone.

Dan will push for a good classic game for normal cool people (probably Doom).

Everyone will give best style to whatever game has a sick pause screen (no idea about that one). Or Persona 5 if it comes out in english this year (lol).

Volotaire

I think Jeff will push Deus Ex 4 a lot. From the sounds of the E3 streams last year, he is really looking forward to the game (dependent on how the game turns out of course).

TraBuch

Banned
Goddammit, just when I finally forgot about Firewatch, it gets mentioned and I'm reminded of how fucking disappointed I was where that game went.

AcridMeat

Banned
My GOTYs will most likely be Overwatch and Deus Ex (if I end up playing it this year)

edit: and oti's post was believable until he got to Jeff.

edit2: Listening to the Beastcast and it's funny that they're having the exact conversation regarding the Battlefield 1 trailer that I had with my coworker earlier in the week.

Zaph

I think this is a new record for goty talk.

Goddammit, just when I finally forgot about Firewatch, it gets mentioned and I'm reminded of how fucking disappointed I was where that game went.

Complete disappointment. I really hope Tacoma ends up being good.

Joeku

If Thumper comes out this year and Persona 5 doesn't (probably won't in the West), I have a feeling Thumper's gonna take best style. That game is a TRIP.

pizzacat

Banned
Uncharted 4 made me feel nostalgic for a game series that I don't even like that much. Really good game even if it gets too uncharted in some sections

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted 4 made me feel nostalgic for a game series that I don't even like that much. Really good game even if it gets too uncharted in some sections

Yeah that's exactly the feeling I got in the early chapters. I tweeted something like "UC4 is so good it makes me wish I liked the past games better and remembered everything that happened." I never cared for the games too much despite liking the characters, but that's pretty much all you need.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
GOTY podcast:

The joke is Drew talking during the Goty podcasts

It's a lot of fun. It helps that there haven't been a lot of good singleplayer FPS games released in like a decade.

Wolfenstein says Guten Tag

So btw. Wolfenstein, Doom....Quake next?

Didnt the New Order follow a similar pattern as Doom with the whole "it seem crap in previews and marketing but it came out and was rad" thing?

Maybe Bethesda just suck at marketing

Didnt the New Order follow a similar pattern as Doom with the whole "it seem crap in previews and marketing but it came out and was rad" thing?

Maybe Bethesda just suck at marketing

The marketing was ok at times but it never previewed well.

And boy is some of this DOOM lore incredible (-ly goofy and great).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom