• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Honey mustard is only good with chicken.

Although I will say that a couple years ago, Wendy's had this really good pretzel bun burger with bacon and it had honey mustard on it.

KingKong

The only reason hot dogs were even acceptable before is because how easy they were to transport and cook. Now that we have food trucks that are basically kitchens no one should have to eat a hot dog ever again

You know a food is no good when people spend so much time deciding what toppings to mask its taste with

Salarians

What else would you put on a hot dog? Surely not... ketchup
A browned hot dog with a little ketchup, sour kraut, a couple tomato slices, and a few pieces of red onion in a split top bun. The best.

Alternatively, an unheated hot dog in a folded piece of white bread.

Tagyhag

If for some perverted reason you get the hankering to play a Mario Party game after watching some MPP.

Don't.

It's worse than you think.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If for some perverted reason you get the hankering to play a Mario Party game after watching some MPP.

Don't.

It's worse than you think.

What broke inside you after watching 5 hours of that game that made you think it was anything resembling fun or good or not the embodiment of pure evil?

It was pretty great though

"Oh hello sir"
*Stab*
"BRAD THERE'S SOMEONE ELSE IN THE ROOM"

He did it so perfectly too

Didn't he say there were two guys in the room before Brad even entered? I knew there were two guys in the room before he did that and I've never played a Hitman game, somebody said it.

Joeku

Didn't he say there were two guys in the room before Brad even entered? I knew there were two guys in the room before he did that and I've never played a Hitman game, somebody said it.

They still don't even know how the dots on the map work. It's a Brad/Dan thing.

Shadow Complex QL EX was indeed pretty cool, against all expectations.

However, that looked like a bad game.

Shadow Complex has not aged well.

It was neat at the time when XBLA was kicking off but it just controls like poop now that a million other 2D platformers have followed and reminded you what a good controlling one of those feels like.

Hope they make a sequel though. I bet that could be real nice

hwy_61

Banned
I like ketchup on my hot dog. Here in Chicago people kinda freak out over that. They're pretty adamant about the no ketchup. I say fuck that. This is America goddamn it.

Daheza

Oddly enough I bought way too many hot dogs and now have to eat the quite often.

What are some different toppings other than ketchup/relish

hwy_61

Banned
Oddly enough I bought way too many hot dogs and now have to eat the quite often.

What are some different toppings other than ketchup/relish

Mayo+ketchup
Hot peppers
Sweet peppers
Sriracha
Nacho cheese
Pineapple (I've actually never tried this, but fuck it, it's probably good)
Chorizo
Avacado

That's all I can think of.

Bookoo

Man, Mario Party 6 it started off ok and went downhill quickly and I think it was largely because of that specific map. It got pretty boring to watch because the only way to get stars was steal them from other people. They should just play the regular mode.

I was excited at first because I thought there was some awesome comeback at the end....but sadly there was not.

Zomba13

Man, Mario Party 6 it started off ok and went downhill quickly and I think it was largely because of that specific map. It got pretty boring to watch because the only way to get stars was steal them from other people. They should just play the regular mode.

I was excited at first because I thought there was some awesome comeback at the end....but sadly there was not.

Yeah, it was more of a drag than normal because there was nothing they were working towards like getting to a star space with the money and then how that would screw other people who were close or the star spot appearing behind (or on) someone who needed one. It sounds fun in theory, the only way to get stars is to steal them, but then they have to be in the right place as you get to the dog house then get a good roll and then they can just have a bone and block it.

Salarians

V7At1vW.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Later in Doom, ammo really doesn't become much of an issue. With upgrades and the shit ton of weapons, you always have something. I don't glory kill near as much as they do in the QL that's for sure.

Later in Doom, ammo really doesn't become much of an issue. With upgrades and the shit ton of weapons, you always have something. I don't glory kill near as much as they do in the QL that's for sure.

they're very generous in the later combat arenas, and you always have the chainsaw to fall back on. I was kind of surprised how much BFG ammo they were willing to give you

justjim89

I just got to Hell and thus far, the biggest source of frustration is searching for items and secrets. I got the upgrade that shows them all on the map, but I've still only found one classic Doom map. I'm playing on standard difficulty and the combat is super fun, though not really challenging since health is only a melee kill away.

It might be a little easier for me, though, since my framerate will often dip down to between 10 and 15, so it's like playing in slow motion. At this point, playing any triple A game at 60 fps would probably really fuck me up.

Scizzy

My only experience with Doom is watching Vinny play on the MegaDate and Brad on the QL. Brad playing on the harder difficulty looked much, much more fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember Danny talking about Doom being scary as a kid and the new Doom looking like it played too much into the power fantasy prior to release. But I think it's scary in the exact same ways. You feel badass until shit's all going wrong and you're in way too deep.

Plus, if I saw the new Cacodemon model as a 5 year old now, I'd be having nightmares like I did when I saw original Doom. That thing is fucking scary looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom