• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I skipped ahead a bit when the Nioh thing didn't work just to check what they did, and for a second I thought they were playing The Witcher 3. Nioh dude looks a lot like Geralt

If you want to see a game that reminds you a lot of the Witcher look at Blues and Bullets. (a telltale style adventure game with a Noir detective theme)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spB972q-3g

Geralt's actor does the voice of the lead and is totally just doing The Wticher voice so it basically feels like "what if Geralt was a 1950's detective" the game.

justjim89

Was the Commando podcast good? Never seen the movie before but this seems like an ideal way. Need something to distract my mind, real life has gotten way too fucking real today.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Is the Commando podcast them watching the movie and commenting "live" or is it them talking about it afterwards?

If you want to see a game that reminds you a lot of the Witcher look at Blues and Bullets. (a telltale style adventure game with a Noir detective theme).
I've seen the QL and I actually own the game through some bundle but haven't played it yet.

Was the Commando podcast good? Never seen the movie before but this seems like an ideal way. Need something to distract my mind, real life has gotten way too fucking real today.
It's great. Both Commando and the podcast.
Is the Commando podcast them watching the movie and commenting "live" or is it them talking about it afterwards?
It's live, you listen to it as you watch the movie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I might buy that Sega thing

Also Blues & Bullets and King's Quest are probably the two most underrated episodic adventure games in years

Megasoum

Banned
I'm in Commando right now... Film & 40 is fucking great as always.

They REALLY need to do one with The Rock... It's really a no brainer.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people I hear when I mention the word Borderlands and they'd go "UGH".

Many film and 40's should happen. That's like a never ending potential of content.

On UPF, I suggested to Drew that he and Dan do a Film and 40's of Independence Day in honor of its 20th anniversary and in anticipation of Independence Day: Resurgence. He seemed pretty excited by that suggestion. Cool thing is Fox is finally putting out a worthy Blu-Ray release next week (the 2008 release was as bare bones as possible). It's only $12, which is a nice surprise. The $60 release is tempting, though, because of this model of the attack ship:

uUfAM55.png

There's also a 4K release coming out later in June.

I liked that game, but I still go "UGH" when I heard Borderlands.
And I also liked Borderlands 2

See?

I like and enjoy the Borderlands games but Tales From The Borderlands blew me away because I was expecting nothing, it came from a unique point of view into that world which I think helped alot. Plus, comedy is really hard to do it in video games but this is one of the few instances where it's done well.

I'm in Commando right now... Film & 40 is fucking great as always.

They REALLY need to do one with The Rock... It's really a no brainer.

On UPF, I suggested to Drew that he and Dan do a Film and 40's of Independence Day in honor of its 20th anniversary and in anticipation of Independence Day: Resurgence. He seemed pretty excited by that suggestion.

Yes please. They also need to do Shaolin Soccer & Kung Fu Hustle, if only for how insane they are.

e: If I'm not mistaken, that release is also of an extended cut which is great.

AcridMeat

Banned
Borderlands as a series I love, the writing has made me feel bad about that fact multiple times though.

Still really hoping they take lessons from Tales from the Borderlands for the next main game.

Also hoping that game gets a reveal at E3 after Battleborn comes out and flops.

Megasoum

Banned
I played through all the Borderlands (at least once)... Never cared about the story but the gameplay is so good.

I really really loved the first 2 episodes of Tales but for some reason I just completely lost interest at some point and dropped it.

Decent shape, as I play soccer/basketball often. But I don't just run like ever.

I like dumb shit, forgive me.

Yeah, I'm in pretty much the same boat. I can't run just to run, I need to be playing a sport. You should be fine, though. You don't really need to do any special carb loading or anything. Just have a light meal beforehand, avoid fats and fiber. Maybe have a banana to avoid cramps, and just stay hydrated.

Oh shit, the X68000. It actually had good games, including one of the secret best Castlevanias that only got ported to the PS1 years and years later in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom