• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Doomguy ripping off and throwing that monitor at the beginning was exactly the level of dumb self-aware joke to make me think "okay, this is probably going to rule." It's been great so far.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The Doomguy ripping off and throwing that monitor at the beginning was exactly the level of dumb self-aware joke to make me think "okay, this is probably going to rule." It's been great so far.

Yeah, that and "Demonic invasion in progress" really make it clear from the beginning how serious this game takes itself

Picture15.png

they referenced this in the opening splash, game knows exactly what it is

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean this is more of an easter egg than anything else

but part of the codex for the demons implies that doomguy IS the demons

jaina

Is the live bombcast recording happening for the first time next week, or do we not know yet?
don't know yet. but the latest episode was the first time they (successfully) tried the "live to tape" recording with music bumpers during the recording and so on.

The "Polygon is bad at a videogame" thread is hilarious to me. Imagine if some of those people watched some GB videos.

That video is worse than anything GB's done, but yeah, overall people are getting way too bent out of shape for what was probably just an intern thrown in front of a controller and told to fuck around for 30 minutes.

e: that thread is up to over 1,700 posts? fucking hell

Good decision. If you see the limited edition Pitch Black one, it's a pretty good purple berry flavor.

I saw that but didn't get, I will next time I go. I currently have Baja Blast, Game Fuel, Voltage and Livewire in my fridge right now, I can't get enough of the Dew variants.

You know you could always go to a taco bell and get it whenever you want.

I need it in bulk fam. Plus I don't like taco bell.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
No polygon vid is worse than brad playing shadow of the colossus.

oh god that fucken QL

also DOOM is fucking rad. Holy shit I miss unpretentious shooters. Call of Duty ruined FPS games for a decade. Thank god for Bethesda, between Wolfenstein and DOOM they're fucking doing it, man.

justjim89

oh god that fucken QL

also DOOM is fucking rad. Holy shit I miss unpretentious shooters. Call of Duty ruined FPS games for a decade. Thank god for Bethesda, between Wolfenstein and DOOM they're fucking doing it, man.

Right? Bethesda may have really fucked up Fallout 4 and will probably euthanize the next Elder Scrolls, but as a publisher they are on fucking point. Wolfenstein, Doom, and Dishonored are probably the best first-person games this side of Looking Glass.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finished DOOM. It was very good. They definitely leaned hard into the old DOOM stuff which is probably necessary. Though I will say if they do a sequel, I'd like to see them stray slightly from the Doom formula. Just a little. It was cool seeing all the old demons reimagined, some were really fucking incredible looking. And it was cool seeing all the old guns return, but I don't think you could do that twice except maybe as an expansion.

There's definitely 2 ways I'd like to see a sequel go based on the ending, and I'd be happy with either.

jaina

Data West said:
jeff @jeffgerstmann

The Doom campaign just keeps getting better as I get deeper into it. Great weapons, some amazing encounters, great use of "old Doom" stuff.
56 minutes ago
slow down brotha

Fantastapotamus

I think I'm done with Doom. I want a refund Bethesda

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...117/49508A408EB131867C126B54B8987CC849E6C157/

(I didn't notice how awful the textures look when I took this picture, weird)

But seriously, I didn't expect to love the narrative. Doom Marine should be the best character of 2016
How fucking dumb is it, that for the Demons the Doom Marine is some sort of monster.
That is so stupid and stupid. Also stupid. But great.

Also, I think Brad will love the section
where the enemies fight each other
given how gleefully he mentions that stuff when talking about Doom 2
I don't think Overwatch is really that surprising to them.

A Blizzard game is good? Stop the presses

(I actually only like Warcraft 3 and pretty much nothing else Blizzard has made so far)

yeah some of those lore pickups
especially the demon ones
are pretty awesome.

I'm glad Alex is back to having goofy twitter names, I didn't know how to handle seeing his real name attached to his posts

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doom marine is alright, but Samuel Hayden is the star to me. Who knew that you didn't have to show a guy killing puppies and could still make me think, 'man fuck this fucking guy'

Fantastapotamus

Doom marine is alright, but Samuel Hayden is the star to me. Who knew that you didn't have to show a guy killing puppies and could still make me think, 'man fuck this fucking guy'

I just love how "fuck it" they went with the Doom Marine and made him basically an angry ape who justwants to smash everything. That is just perfect.

In other news about angry apes, this

Reviews are serious business. I can't tell if things are real anymore.

Myggen

I could totally see doom and overwatch fighting it out for best surprise, both have had very tumultuous development histories

I agree to some degree that Overwatch being this good is a surprise, but at the end of the day it`s Blizzard and they rarely make games that are not great. DOOM`s single player is on another level I think, because we didn`t have an idea what to expect of id now.

Fantastapotamus

I agree to some degree that Overwatch being this good is a surprise, but at the end of the day it`s Blizzard and they rarely make games that are not great. DOOM`s single player is on another level I think, because we didn`t have an idea what to expect of id now.

Also, that MP Beta did not make a good impression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom