• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonCha

So I think someone else mentioned it a few pages back: I had an issue where there was no play option on any videos on the site in Safari. It turns ou uBlock was stopping the videos from playing and I simply had to add the URL to the exceptions list. Weird.

But seriously, I didn't expect to love the narrative. Doom Marine should be the best character of 2016
How fucking dumb is it, that for the Demons the Doom Marine is some sort of monster.
That is so stupid and stupid. Also stupid. But great.

I love how it's totally plausible to imagine that the only thought in his mind whenever he is doing anything during the entire game is the phrase "fuck you"

I love how it's totally plausible to imagine that the only thought in his mind whenever he is doing anything during the entire game is the phrase "fuck you"

I love how when you're in the mission with the energy accumulators
he just stomps the fuck out of every single one of them and instead of getting angrier each time, the doctor guy just kind of accepts what's happening

But seriously, I didn't expect to love the narrative. Doom Marine should be the best character of 2016
How fucking dumb is it, that for the Demons the Doom Marine is some sort of monster.
That is so stupid and stupid. Also stupid. But great.

Also, I think Brad will love the section
where the enemies fight each other
given how gleefully he mentions that stuff when talking about Doom 2

That's not so different from how the Covenant troops view Master Chief. The Grunts, in particular, would call Master Chief "Demon."

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I love how when you're in the mission with the energy accumulators
he just stomps the fuck out of every single one of them and instead of getting angrier each time, the doctor guy just kind of accepts what's happening

It was pretty obvious what's going to happen but the
"you have to dismember each lense very carefully "
line still cracked me up

That's not so different from how the Covenant troops view Master Chief. The Grunts, in particular, would call Master Chief "Demon."

Yeah, but they aren't literally Demons from Hell. Literally.

daydream

Banned

8VAUeBr.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of why I was like 'just wait' when they were talking about how glory kills might get old. The Super Shotgun driveby kills, especially when you get final upgrades, don't give you a chance to glory kill. Because shit is just insta-gibbed.

KingKong

It's kind of why I was like 'just wait' when they were talking about how glory kills might get old. The Super Shotgun driveby kills, especially when you get final upgrades, don't give you a chance to glory kill. Because shit is just insta-gibbed.

I understand their implementation, but I just wish they didn't give extra health because it practically makes you use them on ultra violence or nightmare. Having it be a stun and then a free kill is enough.

On the other hand, the chainsaw mechanic where you can only use it a few times per fight but it drops a crapload of ammo is very smart

I bought a 144Hz monitor instead of saving up for a 4k because reasons

Wish I could sell my tv.

I don't know why you'd even bother with 4k unless you have some kind of beastly rig. I don't think most television channels even deliver at that resolution. I still have yet to see what 144hz gaming is like.

Meneses

I know Rorie's trait is that obliviousness, but in this specific case it felt like he was playing up to it.

That sly smile at the very end kinda gives it away.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I recently bought the benq rl2455hm.

All the 4k, 144hz or g-sync monitors are still too expensive. Plus I don't need to game at above 1080p.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know why you'd even bother with 4k unless you have some kind of beastly rig. I don't think most television channels even deliver at that resolution. I still have yet to see what 144hz gaming is like.

I'm really not interested in 4k, it's why I went with 144hz instead because it feels like a gaming upgrade that I'll actually use. I meant the PS4K specifically. This monitor can technically be upgraded to G-Sync with a kit, but that's almost the same price as the monitor itself. Sitll just looking for an upgrade in picture quality in general since I'm using an old ASUS budget model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom