• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It feels kind of sacrilegious as a graphic designer but do you really need that colour accuracy for movies? IPS feels a bit wasted if that's all you're using it for.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It feels kind of sacrilegious as a graphic designer but do you really need that colour accuracy for movies? IPS feels a bit wasted if that's all you're using it for.

More than movies though, I'd probably use a IPS for every game that's not Heroes of the Storm, WoW, an online shooter or some weird fast paced anomaly like Doom.

tuxfool

Banned

IPS isn't all that expensive.

If one really wants to splurge on colour accuracy they should get 10 bit HDR displays.

Antiwhippy

IPS isn't all that expensive.

If one really wants to splurge on colour accuracy they should get 10 bit HDR displays.

The cheapass in me makes it hard for me to spend over 150USD for a monitor.

I don't think that those korean IPS monitors even reach that price do they?

tuxfool

Banned
The cheapass in me makes it hard for me to spend over 150USD for a monitor.

I don't think that those korean IPS monitors even reach that price do they?

You *are* into sacrilege. Don't tell you you're still using a TN panel?

But you should be able to get a IPS display for slightly more than that.

Myggen

I love when new people are introduced to the QL format.

Y1MrkN4.png

h76exJb.png

hJf1Pa0.png

Antiwhippy

You *are* into sacrilege. Don't tell you you're still using a TN panel?

But you should be able to get a IPS display for slightly more than that.

Yep. Unless I'm doing photo-editing, photoshop and illustrations I don't really see the need for IPS. And even then it's mostly if I'm doing print because Web is such a crapshoot with how most people's monitors usually being terribly calibrated anyway.

I might get an IPS for home use when my LG TN croaks. Until then, eh.

FluxWaveZ

Finished the latest Mario Party Party. Probably the worst one yet; there were no fun twists or surprises, or any narrative through line. It was just pretty boring; no idea why people suggested that map.

AcridMeat

Banned
Did anyone here play Strider? The one from a couple years ago?

I just got a copy from a friend and it's quite fun actually! I completely forgot that it was metroidvania with it's levels. I was expecting an action platformer.

Civil War was pretty good, just came back from it. Man, UC4 is awesome and Doom is finally DOOM. What a week.

I just got a copy from a friend and it's quite fun actually! I completely forgot that it was metroidvania with it's levels. I was expecting an action platformer.

It's a pretty alright game, enjoyed it.

yami4ct

Once you optimize your probes and find the grinding spots, the money starts rolling in. And once you get level 30 and especially level 50 Skells, the exp/class points will start rolling in as you body enemies 10 levels above you easy.

Man i fucking love XCX. Monolith is one of the biggest reasons I'll eventually get an NX.

You weren't kidding it gets going when it finally starts rolling. I've now got 4 skells (1 is without insurance, so it's not being used, but it's there), my final class is almost level 10 now and I just got the skell flight pack.

Flying over that big dumb world just makes it clear how damn cool that game is. Monolith are wizards.

Its autosave/checkpoint system was a little wonky. I remember losing a huge chunk of progress to a death and kinda turned on the game at that point.

Antiwhippy

Well, Miku is kinda actually legit good. At least he's uploading good music.

No see this is the disconnect I get. Some producers utilizing the miku vocaloid software are very good. I find it hard to associate the music with the actual software.

Megasoum

Banned
Because Brad talked about it in a podcast recently, I'm rewatching King of Kong.

Man... Fuck Billy Mitchell lol. The cult of personality around that dude in that community is ridiculous lol.

yami4ct

No see this is the disconnect I get. Some producers utilizing the miku vocaloid software is very good. I find it hard to associate the music with the actual software.

You are absolutely correct. Miku's music varies heavily depending on who's composing.

When I say 'Miku' has good music, I'm mostly referring to the major tracks they have her perform in concert and such. Those are typically very good.

Antiwhippy

You are absolutely correct. Miku's music varies heavily depending on who's composing.

When I say 'Miku' has good music, I'm mostly referring to the major tracks they have her perform in concert and such. Those are typically very good.

Funnily enough i think that the most well known one, world is mine, sounds terrible. The tuning for the voice is so bad.

Tubobutts

How many Hakkonne Miso songs are about drinking, fighting, or kissing ladies?

So, is the music prerecorded at the hologram concerts? Is somebody in the back opening each FLAC file?

I think most of the time they have live musicians backing her up which is pretty funny, but also impressive considering how a lot of those songs weren't written for actual humans to perform.

Funnily enough i think that the most well known one, world is mine, sounds terrible. The tuning for the voice is so bad.

don't forget giant bomb favorite CAT FOOD

yami4ct

Wasn't that the one they had her play on Letterman? Yep. That was awful.

It didn't help that the acoustics of that performance were also bad, but that song sounds like it came from an early beta of her software. It sounds so electronic in an unintended way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom