• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
what if vinny and jeff popped out of that BMW at the end of the ad and did a little skit

would you guys watch it then

this isn't market research thanks for your responses

There was an ad for Cuban Rum intermixed with a deal on Office 365 following the car ad.

There's explosive growth potential here for sure.

Salarians

They've used the name Necronomicon for a P5 Persona and...
Persona-5_2016_05-16-16_004-600x391.jpg

it's literally just a UFO...

FluxWaveZ

They've used the name Necronomicon for a P5 Persona and...

it's literally just a UFO...

The reasons for it:

1. Ostracised by society as a shut-in, she's an outcast, an "alien" compared to normal people.
2. Necronomicon is a grimoire with information incomprehensible to normal minds. A UFO is the same. Both meant to convey the "unknown," reflecting Futaba.
3. As the team's navigator, she has a "vessel" type persona (since she actually goes into her UFO) like Fuuka and Rise, but hers is cooler. The Necronomicon and a UFO also represent objects whose owners have information that other people don't have, which represents her abilities as the navigator.

Salarians

The reasons for it:

1. Ostracised by society as a shut-in, she's an outcast, an "alien" compared to normal people.
2. Necronomicon is a grimoire with information incomprehensible to normal minds. A UFO is the same. Both meant to convey the "unknown," reflecting Futaba.
3. As the team's navigator, she has a "vessel" type persona (since she actually goes into her UFO) like Fuuka and Rise, but hers is cooler. The Necronomicon and a UFO also represent objects whose owners have information that other people don't have, which represents her abilities as the navigator.
Ok, hearing she flies around in it might have sold me.
Still don't like her design though...

pizzacat

Banned
I just want to know if my boy Chemtrail is in the game.
Wiki said:
A man-made weather phenomenon that grew into an urban myth. It is thought by some to be the conspiracy of a secret society.
What appears to be simple vapor trails are actually harmful metals sprayed from airplanes. There are several theories about the reason for this, including population control through disease, destroying all living beings by cutting off sunlight, and control of the weather. Since the mass media is controlled by the culprits, the truth will never be known. It is believed that the negative energy from people who believe in this conspiracy formed the demon.

lol

Bladelaw

You know what's a great thing to watch all the way through in one sitting while grinding away at a tough platinum trophy?

Breaking Bradborne

That 6 part series kept me awake long enough to grind out 30 hardcore levels in Alienation. Aside from a trophy gained by RNG it's the hardest trophy to get so it's pretty much all downhill from here.

If Brad sees this, thanks for putting your misery on the internet for folks like me to enjoy and dull my own.

I'm in a weird place. I have a little over a week off before starting a new job so now I'm contemplating using the time to both get into a Moba and attempting to play Magic the Gathering? What the fuck am I doing?

Doop

I'm in a weird place. I have a little over a week off before starting a new job so now I'm contemplating using the time to both get into a Moba and attempting to play Magic the Gathering? What the fuck am I doing?

I bought a bunch of magic cards once and then never played a game. It's dangerous.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I love brands, so anything which added more brands to my Giant Bomb experience would be great.

I too love brands but only the best brands
sony-mid-game-ad-patent.jpg

sounds like boring space music i've heard in every other space game

You're boring space music. Stellaris OST is goat.
I don't know why everybody loves goats so much but since I read it all the time on GAF people must really like them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Wait for the Magic Moba, can't be long now until somebody makes that.

Zaph

Danny on doing retrospective video pieces (or lack thereof) "We have access to all these people but we don't use it".

Ugh, it's really sad that features which aren't about the newest latest thing just don't traffic as well, so getting them signed off seems very difficult.

Patryn

My wife and I went out to lunch on Saturday at a casual dining place.

Saw a dad playing Magic with his young son (probably around 7 or so?) in a booth off in the corner. It was strangely adorable and put a smile on my face.

Danny on doing retrospective video pieces (or lack thereof) "We have access to all these people but we don't use it".

Ugh, it's really sad that features which aren't about the newest latest thing just don't traffic as well, so getting them signed off seems very difficult.

Which is why he is just more suited for GB.

Why don't they at least do some kind of plan for cross-site features? Something like GB hosting a feature from GS that will probably traffic better on GB?

My wife and I went out to lunch on Saturday at a casual dining place.

Saw a dad playing Magic with his young son (probably around 7 or so?) in a booth off in the corner. It was strangely adorable and put a smile on my face.

That's pretty cool! See, there is a reason to doom myself.

Xater

Meanwhile here I am longing for such content. I always watch the post mortems from GDC. That stuff is fascinating.

Megasoum

Banned
Which is why he is just more suited for GB.

Why don't they at least do some kind of plan for cross-site features? Something like GB hosting a feature from GS that will probably traffic better on GB?

Yup it's kinda tragic... If you take "The Point" for example. They were fucking great features super well produced that failed on GameSpot because that audience doesn't give a shit. That kind of stuff would do MUCH better with the GB audience.

I'm surprised they didn't even cross published those videos to GB. Doesn't need to be made for GB per say... Just post them on GB and watch the traffic growing.

That Glitchspace game seems really weird. It's not really programming, per se, just a really weird visual abstraction of entering commands. I would rather just type "move the block 20 units right!" instead of "well you have to make an x-axis block and then a 20 units block and then make the two blocks fuck." Maybe later in the game there will be some actual automation involved but the QL just makes it seem lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom