• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I can see why Trails might not click with some people. It is a metric shitton of text and if that text doesn't grab you, you're going to have a bad time. Honestly, it's not a game that truly meshed and grabbed me until SC.

I'm so glad it did click with me, though. Trails in the Sky SC is one of the most special game experiences I've ever had. It made me feel the way Undertale fans talk about Undertale making them feel. It's a special tier of game that I don't encounter that often.

Tubobutts

In that Mario Party TNT Jeff says he's the best at Mario Party, but Jeff hasn't won a single Mario Party Party.

Also he said the first one was good.

Jintor

you have to not post persona 5 music in here because i will go mad very quickly trying to not listen to the music every time someone posts the link

fuck me this sounds good

Listening to last week's Beastcast. No Gundam shoutout from Austin or Vinny during the CoD segment. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

It's funny to hear both coasts react to CoD with, well, future Battlefield is probably happening.

Listening to last week's Beastcast. No Gundam shoutout from Austin or Vinny during the CoD segment. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

It's funny to hear both coasts react to CoD with, well, future Battlefield is probably happening.

CoD needs to go all the way with that stuff. Depending how expansive the space stuff is and how the campaign is structured, it'll either be a good game or a bad one.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The problem is, no one has figured out what exactly is a fun full experience in VR. The ones that have tried, like Chronos and Lucky's Tale, are not really what you want. The tech demos are sort of still necessary to figure out what the hell is fun in VR.

Am I crazy for thinking like the answer to this is super obvious and its first person adventure games? That's literally all I've wanted VR for since day 1. Just give me a version of The Witness that support Oculus or something

Also I've admittedly only tried VR at a store kiosk briefly. but I really don't understand the aversion to traditional controls

Brashnir

Am I crazy for thinking like the answer to this is super obvious and its first person adventure games? That's literally all I've wanted VR for since day 1. Just give me a version of The Witness that support Oculus or something

Also I've admittedly only tried VR at a store kiosk briefly. but I really don't understand the aversion to traditional controls

Not interested in that.

Like, at all.

So while I can't confirm that for the audience at-large, I can certainly confirm that it's not going to sell me on the tech. It just seems to be adding a layer of friction before I can get to what I like about adventure games.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad the Best Of P4 ER exists because I've been wanting to rewatch the ER but aint nobody got time for that

CijjGSAUYAA61n_.jpg

Sakwoff

Bought Doom, PC is not nearly able to run it adequately. I can get like 40-60 fps on everything at the lowest setting and 50% resolution scale. Looks like properly distilled garbage that way.

Gotta do the Brad and get on that 1070 train once that's available.

Thing is, the game is still a riot to play even if it looks terrible. Testament to its quality I guess.

So visiting the site without logging in is a new experience.
If you thought mobile GAF was bad with big adverts..

Mobile gaf has gotten so damn annoying. Between big ass ads, video plugins making podcasts stop, and constant cert warnings I've almost just stop trying to browse on mobile.

imBask

Banned
don't destroy my browsing experience and I might consider not using an adblocker. I understand the importance of ads, but this is just stupid

KingKong

don't destroy my browsing experience and I might consider not using an adblocker. I understand the importance of ads, but this is just stupid

You'd be stupid not to use an adlocker on your phone considering how much faster it makes loading websites

Mobile gaf has gotten so damn annoying. Between big ass ads, video plugins making podcasts stop, and constant cert warnings I've almost just stop trying to browse on mobile.

I haven't gotten video yet, yikes. I miss those nice little banners though.

You'd be stupid not to use an adlocker on your phone considering how much faster it makes loading websites

What adblocker exists for Android? I could have sworn that ABP, back when I used it, wouldn't work unless it was on wifi or something.

Don't include fucking malware, verify your ads, don't shove them in my face to keep me from the content I'm looking for, and I'd be fine with having some ad placement.

I've absorbed a lot of the Trails soundtrack by putting Falcom's fucking enormous Spotify page on shuffle, which is a cool way to bounce between multiple decades of JRPG music.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Reminds me of yesterday's episode of Silicon Valley lol.

Need to watch today.

Speaking of that ad, the best part aside from it running in the background as the dominant element, the little cut off black box you see at the bottom of the sceenshot is another advert running in conjunction overlaid on-top of it. Only underneath that do you finally get to view some site content (boxed in by the BMW video).

kvk1

what if vinny and jeff popped out of that BMW at the end of the ad and did a little skit

would you guys watch it then

this isn't market research thanks for your responses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom