• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

E3 2016
t1465930800z4.png

The one thing I truly anticipate:
The rest is a bonus. Well, the conferences are always fun, even when they aren't (e.g. EA E3 2015).

I bought Crusader Kings 2 over the weekend because I heard that it had an amazing Game of Thrones mod. People described the game as being Game of Thrones, the video game. I was instantly intrigued.

24 hours later and 7-10 hours of Youtube tutorials/twitch streams, and I still barely understand how to play.

This game is practically impenetrable without doing research first, but I feel like once I do get a grasp of it, it will be what I am looking for.

Honestly, I found the best approach is just jumping in and discovering how to do things as you need them,start small and work your way up. In the Game of Thrones Mod, the Forester's are a good starting point if you want to do the War of the Five kings era, they're directly to the north of Winterfell . The jump in approach does leave some holes though. I was able to take the Iron Throne without once figuring out how to put an army on a ship.

imBask

Banned
I've worked every APW show since my debut in October, and I'm now managing a stable. I don't see it ending anytime soon!

Are you going to work a match anytime soon? We already know you have a mean elbow drop, Greg Miller's ribs can attest to it

That man has a family (mostly a dog), how dare you hurt him

The one thing I truly anticipate:

The rest is a bonus. Well, the conferences are always fun, even when they aren't (e.g. EA E3 2015).

I think this and the announcement of the Wolfenstein sequel are the two things I'm anticipating the most, I'm also really looking forward to seeing Sony try and sell people on VR + NEO.

Myggen

The only reason I care for E3 is the GB coverage of it. I never really watched the conferences before they started talking over it (reading the announcements has always been enough for me), and the normal E3 coverage sites have done forever does nothing for me. I much prefer the GB approach of talking to developers about whatever to just having them come on to show their game for 10 minutes.

I never paid much attention to E3 beyond just looking at the news at some point during the day, once GB started commentating over the streams was when I actually started watching those. The P5 stuff this year is probably the only time I'll be specifically keeping my eye out for any news beyond the occasional skim reading of gaming side.

Volotaire

I want to see GB get some Easy Allies members on the after hours show because

1) it will be legitimately interesting seeing both members of the groups interacting (legitimate reason)

2) I want to see the thread responses about it (dumb reason)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
E3 is so much fun. I understand why the GB guys are sick of it, but i'm definitely not

I sometimes feel like the days before E3 are actually more fun than E3 itself, cause for me it's all like "Oh shit, maybe this is the year of [GAME I WANT]" and during E3 it's all like "Here is the new Call of Duty and some other stuff maybe, kthxbye"

I want to see GB get some Easy Allies members on the after hours show because

1) it will be legitimately interesting seeing both members of the groups interacting (legitimate reason)

2) I want to see the thread responses about it (dumb reason)

They should do that and do a skit where the GB guys are hyper excited about absolutely everything and the EA guys act terribly bored and jaded.

imBask

Banned
I sometimes feel like the days before E3 are actually more fun than E3 itself, cause for me it's all like "Oh shit, maybe this is the year of [GAME I WANT]" and during E3 it's all like "Here is the new Call of Duty and some other stuff maybe, kthxbye"

we've had great E3s for a couple of years now. Every year we've had great surprises, and even the terrible conferences were fun to watch

EA and Ubisoft are great if you watch them with friends

HOOPGAWD

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm watching the latest playdate and watching Vinny play Doom with a controller is killing me. I don't want to sound like a "#PCGAMERMASTERRACE" guy but....it's killing me.

kvk1

I wonder if we're ever gonna reach a point where people will be badgering KB/M users because they're not playing on the "superior" haptic controllers.

You can aim so much faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom