• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Steam controller has turned out to be the (near) perfect middle ground for me. Far more precise aiming than dual analog while retaining the granular movement of a left stick.

yami4ct

It's just gonna be this again. No reveal at a press conference, no release date. Same trailer from last year.

They told their Japanese fans to look forward to it. It may not get a press conference, but it'll certainly get something new. Release date reveal is also almost certain.

So... Bethesda is totally going to try and make a new Quake soon arent they?

I wonder what the heck you even do with that. The Quakes are all pretty different from each other. Not sure what you do. You can probably do to Quake 1 what Doom does to Doom 1 but Quake 3 is THE Quake so you probably need a lot of Quake 3 in it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wonder what the heck you even do with that. The Quakes are all pretty different from each other. Not sure what you do. You can probably do to Quake 1 what Doom does to Doom 1 but Quake 3 is THE Quake so you probably need a lot of Quake 3 in it.

Is NIN still around?

f0rk

They just need to relaunch Quake Live in some way because the multiplayer gameplay is pretty much perfect, there's no point in updating it like Doom.

yami4ct

A F2P multiplayer only game would make a lot of sense. It seems to be working for the new Unreal Tournament.

Just like it was certain to come out last year, kappa.

Different case. I also never said it was certain, just likely. I was wrong and that happens.

They aren't telling Japan to look for it at E3 if they are just showing them what they've already seen. They didn't tell Japanese fans to pay attention last year. Something new is absolutely certain. They also have no reason to hold back a Western date at that point.

TraBuch

Banned
I know it's sacrilege, but I think I'm legit looking forward to Cold Steel 2 more than Persona. That fucking cliffhanger is still killing me.

yami4ct

I know it's sacrilege, but I think I'm legit looking forward to Cold Steel 2 more than Persona. That fucking cliffhanger is still killing me.

I legit can't make that choice. It's an unfair ask. I'm excited as hell to play both.

Then they drop a bomb that it's a worldwide simultaneous launch, yes that even includes Europe.

Now that Atlus has no publishing partner in Europe, man that's going to suck. Hopefully Sega announces their plans soon. If Sega takes over European publishing, they might actually get Atlus games decently fast.

LiK

haven't played any of the Trails games. i have them all tho but RPGs always takes time for me to get into. was thinking this summer.

Doom arrives on Friday. Was hoping earlier but whatever.

yami4ct

haven't played any of the Trails games. i have them all tho but RPGs always takes time for me to get into. was thinking this summer.

The first game of each saga starts a bit slow, but they more than pay that off IMO. One of the most consistently well written RPG series around. I'd take a new Trails game over any other RPG other than Persona.

LiK

The first game of each saga starts a bit slow, but they more than pay that off IMO. One of the most consistently well written RPG series around. I'd take a new Trails game over any other RPG other than Persona.

cool, yea, will def try to get through them this year since i hear nothing but praise.

Aim low for P5's release, get pleasently surprised.

Gank them fools, Bradster!

I really like Trails games but the fanbase is on the brink of becoming Undertale-ified.

I've never found Undertale fans to have been anything but classy. Impassioned, but classy.

You also gotta keep in mind that the fact even the first game even got tackled was a miracle. No other localization house would touch it. Too big. Too high a reading level. Too much lead-in to the later games. Then there was the four and a half year wait. Then there was the middlingly-sized response despite calls for such a thing. We shill because we care.

So I take pride in that comparison. :p

repeater

I wonder what the heck you even do with that.
The Quake 1 aesthetic, in difference to the Doom one, has been totally underutilized. I would be up for a graphically updated reimagining of weird medieval Lovecraftian castle.

yami4ct

cool, yea, will def try to get through them this year since i hear nothing but praise.

It's one of those series that will seem really boring if it doesn't click with you, but if it does you'll absolutely love it.

It's one of those games where you can pick up a newspaper that is talking about political maneuvers being made by people you won't meet until the next game or countries you will barely interact with until a saga 2-3 games later. It's such a crazily well thought out and developed living world and that really clicks for me.

The character and main story writing are similarly good, but the world is why I keep coming back.

yami4ct

If they were going to do a worldwide launch, it would have been announced at the Take Tokyo Tower stream.

Europe will be 2017 if we're lucky. Just don't lock out the US release please...

The Tokyo Tower steam was completely Japanese facing. I wouldn't write off a simultaneous US/Japan release yet. E3 would bee the place to announce it.

I don't think it's the most likely outcome, but I do see it as possible. Europe getting it would be an actual miracle.

Now that Atlus has no publishing partner in Europe, man that's going to suck. Hopefully Sega announces their plans soon. If Sega takes over European publishing, they might actually get Atlus games decently fast.

Yeah it's a mess. I'm not too concerned about P5 as it's very easy to buy a digital US copy if the EU version will be late, but even then I've had to put in a pre-order for a Japanese copy of the Anniversary Edition because I have little faith that will come to Europe.

I'd like for E3 to have some news about the EU date alongside a US one but I'm not getting my hopes up. Especially given that some recent SEGA titles like Miku + Yakuza have had issues with Europe.
OK man no need to throw salt at the wound. Christ.

It's my only way of coping.

Here's what you do:

Take Quake 1's campaign and give it the Doom treatment, but with more of a focus on the Lovecraft atmosphere (don't make it too focused on horror like Doom 3, but have the environments be all errie and shit) and rocket jumping and shit instead of glory kills and gore and Satan.

When you pick "Multiplayer" from the menu, it closes the game and boots Quake III up. Shit's like Worms Armageddon: you already perfected it in 99, so don't bother trying to make something new.

Get Trent Reznor in the studio and jab a heroin needle in his arm when he isn't looking so he makes a good soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom