• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no tension in any Marvel movies

As a guy who doesn't read comics, It had tension to me moreso than the other films however I do agree that when it comes to Marvel it always comes to how it's going to happen instead of what's going to happen. It's always safe.

I watched Civil War and was so bored I almost fell asleep. Movie lacks any tention.
Oh, I wonder if Captain America will kill Iron Man. Of course not. Nothing happens. They punch each other a bit, both sides looks like colossal morons, no arguments make sense and in the end they kinda don't like each other anymore but not really.
It's probably cool to watch Spiderman beat Red Magic Lady if you are into the comics but I'm not.

The strongest thing for me is that it did what BVS tried to do but failed spectacularly, from the VS aspect to the thing about superheroes getting flak for doing more harm than good. I found both sides of the argument to have points/reasons that I could side with however, I feel that if they had more time to argue about it then the whole fighting wouldn't have happened but for anyone who saw the film knew that time wasn't on anyone's side.

Also, who could forget Black Panther? He's great as well as Spiderman and the rest. For a film that juggles so many characters, I felt it gave the time to let everyone shine which is to be commended and any action film that's well shot is A+ in my book. Now, let's look at Taken 3 for how not to film action films.

irg55aK.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The strongest thing for me is that it did what BVS tried to do but failed spectacularly, from the VS aspect to the thing about superheroes getting flak for doing more harm than good. I found both sides of the argument to have points/reasons that I could side with however, I feel that if they had more time to argue about it then the whole fighting wouldn't have happened but for anyone who saw the film knew that time wasn't on anyone's side.

Also, who could forget Black Panther? He's great as well as Spiderman and the rest. For a film that juggles so many characters, I felt it gave the time to let everyone shine which is to be commended and any action film that's well shot is A+ in my book. Now, let's look at Taken 3 for how not to film action films.

Really? Cause I felt like Spiderman just showed up for one fight and they were like "Alright, see you in the next movie". Black Panther was pretty good, I'll give you that.

I guess I would have liked the movie more if it had been a bit more subtle about the whole "Who's right?" thing, cause to me it was pretty clear that the movie wants me to think that Captain America is definitely right.

Really? Cause I felt like Spiderman just showed up for one fight and they were like "Alright, see you in the next movie". Black Panther was pretty good, I'll give you that.

I guess I would have liked the movie more if it had been a bit more subtle about the whole "Who's right?" thing, cause to me it was pretty clear that the movie wants me to think that Captain America is definitely right.

Yes, Spiderman did appear for probably
10 minutes
only but he was very memorable in that bit. Now I'm excited for the stand alone film, it seems like they got him right this time.

I honestly couldn't tell you who I'd side with because I would have been like man, you guys need to talk abit more and try to find a middle ground because both sides of the argument presented the extremes of each side. Then again, there was no time for more discussions.

e: I don't know if I'd rate this my favorite Marvel film, probably not but it's up their with the great/best ones.

yami4ct

I don't fault Cap for his choices, but his judgement was clearly clouded by his friend being directly involved.
Yes he was right in the end
, but Tony was more right conceptually.

hamchan

The movie absolutely does not want you to think a certain side was right. Many people come away thinking "oh man it's so clear that Iron Man is definitely right".

yami4ct

That dragons short for overwatch was fucking killer, this game can't come any sooner huh? ;~;

It's too bad they've created a great world and characters for a game that will have practically no story. It's all set dressing. I wish the game had some sort of campaign or story through line to use that stuff.

justjim89

The only Marvel movies I've enjoyed in the modern continuity are Captain America 1, Iron Man 1, and the Edward Norton Hulk movie if that counts. I saw The Avengers, but wasn't really big on it because I couldn't take Loki seriously as a villain.

I've reached the last level of Doom (I think) and man it's been great so far. Almost don't want it to end because I know I won't replay it or touch the multiplayer.

I've been trying to get back into Rocket League recently, but I think I've just now come to the conclusion that I'm fucking garbage at Rocket League.

pizzacat

Banned
It's too bad they've created a great world and characters for a game that will have practically no story. It's all set dressing. I wish the game had some sort of campaign or story through line to use that stuff.
It's perfect where it's at, keep blizzard doing vague stuff because lol no one needs another jimmy raynor was never seen again

Trojan

My emotional high from the early Bombcast was raised even higher after I saw Danny O'Dwyer is guesting. However, a sub-2:15 length dropped my spirits again. The emotional roller coaster of the Bombcast.

Nope, great stunt work, great fight scenes and nice character depth to most of the characters now that they are finally faced with something more serious and realistic. It's one of the better Marvel movies, up there with Winter Soldier, Iron Man, GOTG and The Avengers.

Yeah the fights and stuff were fine but the story was fucking terrible and everything felt like it was two scenes too long. Also I found the 'serious' aspect to be dreadfully dull. The first CA movie was goddamn perfect and they've used these last two trying to make some kind of political thriller instead of just having fun with everything or do something truly interesting.

Hell the fact that Zemo of all villains is a bit part is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom