• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
BradLosesIt.gif

2669952-behappy.gif

So glad I am out of school now and can listen to Bombcast/Beastcast on a weekly basis again, probably the two best podcast going right now IMO.

repeater

My emotional high from the early Bombcast was raised even higher after I saw Danny O'Dwyer is guesting. However, a sub-2:15 length dropped my spirits again. The emotional roller coaster of the Bombcast.
Brad giveth with one hand, and taketh back with the other. Then he playeth Doom II deathmatch with his feet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, it sounds like Doom is a lock for at least top 3 GotY and Uncharted will probably not make (or barely) their top 10.

Really? Dan, Brad, Alex and Vinny all seemed to really like it, and Austin and Drew seem like they might potentially like it. I can't see how it's out of their top 10.

Really? Dan, Brad, Alex and Vinny all seemed to really like it, and Austin and Drew seem like they might potentially like it. I can't see how it's out of their top 10.

It will be in the top 10 easily, if only for that ending. It's weird that while some of the setpieces in this are amazing, I'm mostly left thinking about the quiet moments/ending after finishing the game a few days ago.

I'm really glad Danny mentioned that easter egg because I keep chuckling whenever I think about it when I first reached that chapter. I'm hoping more people who played the
Monkey Island
series caught it as well.

Meneses

Well they all seem to really like it but not very enthusiastically. On the other hand, I don't know if there will be 10 games they like more, so I guess it has a chance.

I think it might be a lock for best looking game, though.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dark Souls 3 wasn't on the top ten. It feels pretty lacklustre... It's an alright game, but far from great; and honestly, the more I think back on it, the less I like it overall. Between the bugs and outright broken mechanics, it doesn't stand up to DS2 or DS1.
Overwatch top 3, I guarantee it.

If it has Drew's support, I'd believe it. He's a wildcard, that one.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dark Souls 3 wasn't on the top ten. It feels pretty lacklustre... It's an alright game, but far from great; and honestly, the more I think back on it, the less I like it overall. Between the bugs and outright broken mechanics, it doesn't stand up to DS2 or DS1.

If it has Drew's support, I'd believe it. He's a wildcard, that one.

Everyone on the staff has nothing but positive to say about it. Drew casually mentioned he played 6 hours of the beta over a weekend.

yami4ct

I'm absolutely shocked at how much story is locked behind weird, almost unmarked, side missions in Xenoblade X. There are whole races and storylines done up on the side that are way more interesting than the stuff in the main game. The only reason you'd find some of that stuff is if you stumbled on it. It's kind of a weird choice.

I think it's the best Souls game other than DS1 and is certainly better than the travesty that was DS2. Fantastic experience start to finish, with some remarkable boss fights and some very clever combat changes. It loses out on not feeling new, but nothing could really recapture that.

yami4ct

I mean, Splatoon kind of had that happen too though

I liked the Overwatch beta way more than I expected, but man Splatoon is something special. Overwatch is a greatly improved and updated TF2, whereas Splatoon felt unique. Part of the reason I'm not buying Overwatch is I'd much rather play Splatoon.

Man. I should play more Splatoon. Maybe I'll put time in after wrapping with Xenoblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom