• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the fights and stuff were fine but the story was fucking terrible and everything felt like it was two scenes too long. Also I found the 'serious' aspect to be dreadfully dull. The first CA movie was goddamn perfect and they've used these last two trying to make some kind of political thriller instead of just having fun with everything or do something truly interesting.

Hell the fact that Zemo of all villains is a bit part is sad.

Zemo is a great villain because he's like
fuck it, I ain't stronger than these guys so I'll try to find a way to make them fuck each other up even more. Really dug how honest he is about it all and logical.

As for fun, well this too has fun in it much less so than other Marvel movies because if there's one thing we're not short of when it comes to Marvel films, it's having light hearted fun.

Man, we need more Danny-related things. I should really listen to more Alt-F1

Yes, you should.

justjim89

We could call it a Beastcast but that would be insulting.

It'd be insulting to the Beastcast. Beastcasts aren't as long as Bombcasts, but the discussion is heftier and more substantial.

I guess you could could say the Bombcast has length while the Beastcast has girth.

omgkitty

OH SHIT EARLY BOMBCAST.........it's only two hours

Jeff.gif

yami4ct

Calling Uncharted 3 'garbage' might be hyperbole, but it's way worse than UC2. It's decent as best. The set pieces and exploration are worse than UC2, but the part of that game that is straight up garbage is the encounter design. It's so fucking terrible. The sort of encounter that takes place on the water is the most infamous, but it's just bad all around.

I played the first level of Doom and played some multiplayer. The first guy I killed in multiplayer was named "big weed."

This is a videogame-ass video game.

I'm honestly loving the multiplayer, aside from the dumb demon transformations. I could definitely do without those, but this is scratching an itch I've had since Halo 3. I hope it has some legs, I could see myself playing it for a long time.

I like that some of the secrets in Doom reward you not just with collectibles or health/ammo, but with getting weapons a level early. Managed to snag both the plasma rifle and the SUPER SHOTGUN in secret areas.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Y'know, despite the length this has been a pretty good bombcast.

It's not really about the length, but how they use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom