• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't forget darkest days either!

i kinda miss that era. i think the cost of making a game like that now has effectively killed that tier of shooters.

say what you will about all of those games (they were all varying degrees of bad) but at least they all had really weird and cool premises. or were just different.

Very true. Its that "AA" tier of game that's pretty much gone now. And yes, none of those game are near similar to each other.

Also Fracture, except I always thought Fracture was kinda cool

finally watching the latest Mario Party Party, and at 3:13:12:
Brad: 'Why didn't you just buy some America[the beer]?"
Dan: "Ah! It's not on [sale yet]..."
Jeff: "No no, America's for sale, don't...don't let him fool you."

aWm83.gif

yami4ct

Wild Arms is cool and all, but when the fuck are we getting remastered Shadow Hearts, Suikoden and .Hack on the PS4?

I'd take a remastered .Hack or GU on PS4, but just let CC2 make a new one. The market is so primed for it. That type of story has never been hotter.

You don't have to make it a stupid ambitious multipart, cross-media thing. I'd absolutely love if they went that dumb again, but I'd take just another standalone one of those that takes all the lessons CC2 has learned over the years.

Dineren

Banned
Finished up UC3. Glad I didn't stop since I still enjoyed the characters and the story, but I still don't like the gameplay. Quite a few enemies felt like bigger bullet sponges than enemies in The Division even when shooting them in the face. At least the final boss was simple, I hated UC2's boss.

Now on to UC4.

Just listening to the bombcast. I thought I was crazy when I was hearing the assault rifle shoot in time with the music in Doom. Guess Jason heard it too

Tubobutts

I don't like that when I do an image search for Brink it is mostly the game and the HBO show and barely any results for the Disney channel original movie.

TraBuch

Banned
I don't like that when I do an image search for Brink it is mostly the game and the HBO show and barely any results for the Disney channel original movie.
The Brink was fantastic and I have no idea why it got such a tepid response. Was so disappointed when HBO changed its mind about the renewal.

Finished up UC3. Glad I didn't stop since I still enjoyed the characters and the story, but I still don't like the gameplay. Quite a few enemies felt like bigger bullet sponges than enemies in The Division even when shooting them in the face. At least the final boss was simple, I hated UC2's boss.

Now on to UC4.

It's really interesting going from Uncharted 3 to 4, I went 2->3->4 over the week leading up to 4 coming out. The tone and scale is way different, it's really jarring.

The more I play Uncharted 4 the less I actually like it...

The gameplay loop is SUPER repetitive. Climb from A to B... Surprise! The bad guys got to B before you... Gunfight.... Climb some more... Get to C... Surprise! The bad guys got to C before you... AGAIN...More gunfight... Rince and repeat for 15 hours.

Mixed in with super slow story exposition chapters.

The set pieces are still really fucking impressive and fun but the game in general is nothing to go crazy about...

I have like 80% of the game done right now so I'm gonna finish it for sure but at this point I just want to get rid of it so I can switch to DOOM.
Yeah, I couldn't believe the repetition as well. Not just in this game but considering the whole series. Really loved the opening but it kinda just started boring me towards the end. Yeah, here is this puzzle that I'm doing and deeper in there will be cover I can hide behind to shoot way too many people with these average shooting mechanics. That game could have done with a complete overhaul of the combat scenarios.

yami4ct

I've almost wrapped the XCX main story, but there's clearly just a shit ton of content outside and past that. Too much game. How do I know when I'm satisfied?

Tubobutts

The Inner Light is the GOAT TNG episode.

Haven't seen the quick look yet, but that fucking flute theme has been in my head for years. I hope it's about that.
Now that they're owned by CBS they should probably just have some sort of Star Trek thing.

yami4ct

1) Let's make another FPS game
2) But we need a brand™ to sell it
3) Homefront sold more than 10 copies
4) Let's do it

It started like that. The only reason it's getting finished and released, though, is that Deep Silver seems to have gotten their hands on it dirt cheap after it's gotten dropped (a few times?). Game probably doesn't need to make much for DS to make their money back.

Tubobutts

Holodecks & Romulan Ale: They watch all of TNG and since I assume they have the rights it doesn't have to just be a commentary track.
And I don't know what the Star Trek version of a film is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom