• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read all my posts that way they will make much more sense.

EDIT: also, I should erase the white background. Maybe.

I'll save you some effort because that's been bothering me too.

DV5qKTR.png

Thank you! I really should've done that from the start.

Hm, and now staring at it I think that there was a bit of white space that I missed, but I can't actually tell if there's supposed to be a gap or if that's more napkin. I'll let you decide.

RJq3gTm.png

Finally got around to watching the Pocket Card Jockey game, what an interesting looking thing that is. Has anyone played it and can vouch for it? Sounds like a pretty good price for something I could easily enjoy.

Doop

I'm with you.

The "skill" guy is underrated. He overplayed it but the initial joke was not bad. Yeah, I said it.

I think that guy would have been criticized a lot less if he only did it once or twice. After a certain point I just got the feeling he was looking for a reaction.

kiguel182

Hm, and now staring at it I think that there was a bit of white space that I missed, but I can't actually tell if there's supposed to be a gap or if that's more napkin. I'll let you decide.

RJq3gTm.png

Finally got around to watching the Pocket Card Jockey game, what an interesting looking thing that is. Has anyone played it and can vouch for it? Sounds like a pretty good price for something I could easily enjoy.

I think it's supposed to be part of the napkin? Now I'm doubting myself.

Also, lot of Moe in this page. I'm taking over.

kiguel182

I brought the anime back to the thread after complaining against it. I'm an hypocrite.

Also, no premium stream today?

I think that guy would have been criticized a lot less if he only did it once or twice. After a certain point I just got the feeling he was looking for a reaction.

Yeah, he overplayed the joke for sure. That I can agree on.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I started playing Fallout 4 again yesterday and decided to look into mods. Then I had like 50 mods installed and it was 4 AM. What have I become?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
mods can't save fallout 4

You say that but my character is wearing an exosuit with a jetpack over Samus' Zero suit while cutting up people with katanas and being able to sprint at like Doom speeds and it's pretty awesome. I mean nothing can fix that game's awful writing but I will say the mod that just displays the full dialogue choices makes that a little more palatable at least.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Typical Bethesda game player hoping the community can improve/fix what the company didn't?

I don't know that that's typical... I enjoyed the game at launch unmodded a great deal too despite its shortcomings. Can't nobody fix that mess of a story and lack of world building anyway.

I really like it and am still playing it. and for $6 or whatever you really can't go wrong

Jintor

i've got to stop buying bethesda (studios, not published) games at launch because I don't enjoy them but it takes like 40 hours before I let myself realise it

No_Style

Happy Wiggler Wednesday, everybody!

250px-WigglerDS.png

It's so weird having already listened to the Bombcast. My Wednesday morning routine is ruined.

It's not really difficult on the default setting, I've only died a few times. So far it's kinda just been me hopping around the arena waiting for a chance to pop a demon with my shotgun, get a glory kill, and hop away. I feel like the enemies do too much damage for me to charge and be as aggressive as I think I should be. The pistol is garbage and not even a viable option unless you're dealing with the zombie things.

I only just started level 3 though, so maybe it'll click for me soon.

Otherwise, I think Brad is spot on about the games level design and ammo scarcity. It's a very well designed game, but maybe I just like cover shooters more?

I'm waiting for someone to make a FO4 mod that replaces/un-stupids the campaign
A mod that removes all dialogue sounds ok to me.
It's not really difficult on the default setting, I've only died a few times. So far it's kinda just been me hopping around the arena waiting for a chance to pop a demon with my shotgun, get a glory kill, and hop away. I feel like the enemies do too much damage for me to charge and be as aggressive as I think I should be. The pistol is garbage and not even a viable option unless you're dealing with the zombie things.

I only just started level 3 though, so maybe it'll click for me soon.

Otherwise, I think Brad is spot on about the games level design and ammo scarcity. It's a very well designed game, but maybe I just like cover shooters more?
You should totally be able to play aggressively, the glory kills basically encourage you to do so. You probably just need to get used to the flow of combat.

Doom is the first shooter in ever that I love fucked up scenarios in. Spawn all the fucked up enemies in, I love it. Yeah two Barons of Hell on top of all this, bring it.

thats why the chainsaw exists

use that shit yo

Yeah I haven't used that once yet. I'll see if that changes anything for me

You should totally be able to play aggressively, the glory kills basically encourage you to do so. You probably just need to get used to the flow of combat.

I typically play games conservatively and patiently, so yeah hopefully I just need to change my approach and adjust and that's all. It's a cool ass game and I want to love it, but just so far I'm not.

Doom is the first shooter in ever that I love fucked up scenarios in. Spawn all the fucked up enemies in, I love it. Yeah two Barons of Hell on top of all this, bring it.

oh, I'm sorry, did you use all your ammo on that boss? good news, here's two more of the same boss.

fwpx

Yeah I haven't used that once yet. I'll see if that changes anything for me

I typically play games conservatively and patiently, so yeah hopefully I just need to change my approach and adjust and that's all. It's a cool ass game and I want to love it, but just so far I'm not.

also the chainsaw literally turns enemies into ammo pinatas...use it.

oti

Banned
Dear Americans, do not listen to that Irish guy. For many nations Eurovision still is a very sincere event. Other contestants such as Ireland or the UK are just so terrible they act like it's all dumb and stupid.

Megasoum

Banned
The only mod that would make me re-install Fallout 4 is a mod that would completely get rid of the fucking awful PipBoy.

Give me a SKYUI style inventory management and I'll play the game again.

Seriously, fuck the PipBoy. It's like they are stuck with a 1995 UI design for the sake of nostalgia. It's actively making the game worst just cause "they need to have a PipBoy, it's Fallout!".

Xater

The only mod that would make me re-install Fallout 4 is a mod that would completely get rid of the fucking awful PipBoy.

Give me a SKYUI style inventory management and I'll play the game again.

Seriously, fuck the PipBoy. It's like they are stuck with a 1995 UI design for the sake of nostalgia. It's actively making the game worst just cause "they need to have a PipBoy, it's Fallout!".

Fixing the Pipboy does not make that game good.

Rainmaker

Banned
Dear Americans, do not listen to that Irish guy. For many nations Eurovision still is a very sincere event. Other contestants such as Ireland or the UK are just so terrible they act like it's all dumb and stupid.

I watched all of the way through for the first time this year and actually liked a few of the songs a whole lot and had a few laughs. Most of all I really liked the production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom