• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look, we came in second and Eurovision and we're the winners of the Asia cup. Soon we'll take over the whole world.

BiggNife

8 minutes into this Homefront quick look and it's already delivered

"is it a goof? Or is it a very powerful launcher of freedom? Hey Vinny, is freedom a goof!?"

Xater

So the new Homerfront is also a reboot? You are telling me someone though the Homefront name and idea was so valuable that they had to do another one?

I mean it's not like the last one didn't fail and Red Dawn always was a bad joke. That actually goes for both Red Dawn films.

Jintor

i wonder if american sensibilities are viable enough to spawn a game from the pov of a foreign country (china? russia?) invaded by a hilariously overwrought caricature of the gung-ho aggressive america lead by god-emperor trump

i wonder if american sensibilities are viable enough to spawn a game from the pov of a foreign country (china? russia?) invaded by a hilariously overwrought caricature of the gung-ho aggressive america lead by god-emperor trump

that sounds like a good way to put your studio out of business

justjim89

The only mod that would make me re-install Fallout 4 is a mod that would completely get rid of the fucking awful PipBoy.

Give me a SKYUI style inventory management and I'll play the game again.

Seriously, fuck the PipBoy. It's like they are stuck with a 1995 UI design for the sake of nostalgia. It's actively making the game worst just cause "they need to have a PipBoy, it's Fallout!".

I have good news for you.

BiggNife

So the new Homerfront is also a reboot? You are telling me someone though the Homefront name and idea was so valuable that they had to do another one?

I mean it's not like the last one didn't fail and Red Dawn always was a bad joke. That actually goes for both Red Dawn films.

The first Homefront actually did well, it sold something like two million copies. THQ just had absolutely insane expectations for it, something like five million.

But regardless, a Homefront game probably wouldn't sell in 2016 even if it was good because the industry isn't the same as it was in 2011. People are sick and tired of "modern warfare" FPSes, and releasing in between UC4, Doom, and Overwatch just further cements how dated it feels.

Xater

The first Homefront actually did well, it sold something like two million copies. THQ just had absolutely insane expectations for it, something like five million.

But regardless, a Homefront game probably wouldn't sell in 2016 even if it was good because the industry isn't the same as it was in 2011. People are sick and tired of "modern warfare" FPSes, and releasing in between UC4, Doom, and Overwatch just further cements how dated it feels.

Two million for a multiplatform release today is not great. Also it was critically panned.

Strax

How big is China in regards of buying Western Video games? I understand why movies want the China money but I've never heard of China being a big market for some random war FPS

Xater

How big is China in regards of buying Western Video games? I understand why movies want the China money but I've never heard of China being a big market for some random war FPS

I think they don't want to piss off Chinese censors just in case. You never know when you might have a hit and it is potentially a big market. China is definitely more dominated by F2P, especially League of Legends.

Strax

Whats the most public VR in your area?

Here every store that sells phones has a Samsung Gear VR booth for people to try and dedicated booths in the biggest malls. Only time I've heard about other stuff is when CCP goes to companies (50-100 staff) and lets everybody try the EVE VR games.

Whats the most public VR in your area?

Here every store that sells phones has a Samsung Gear VR booth for people to try and dedicated booths in the biggest malls. Only time I've heard about other stuff is when CCP goes to companies (50-100 staff) and lets everybody try the EVE VR games.

I don't even know of a vr thing in my area. The only place I could think of is the best buy 20 minutes away, if they got one of those oculus demo areas.

I like the gun customization in Homefront.

Also, not really a Homefront thing and also not a recent thing, but i'm so glad that shooters have lots of color now. There are few trends I hated more than that while last gen where shooters had washed out and bland color palettes.

Ooh, is that a Load Our Last Save Vinny is hinting at??

arnold-rubbing-hands.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom