• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah this audio is good. Highlight of the quick look so far.

popo

I like to joke about Brad being lazy but it is kinda sad how West falls apart if more than one staff member is out of the office.

Monday morning production meeting.

Jason: Okay guys. We are short this week since Jeff is doing E3 stuff. Any ideas?

Dan: More Hitman? Metal Gear Rising?

Jason: Drew is on vacation from tomorrow too.

Brad: SHUT IT DOWN! SHUT IT ALL DOWN!

Dear Americans, do not listen to that Irish guy. For many nations Eurovision still is a very sincere event. Other contestants such as Ireland or the UK are just so terrible they act like it's all dumb and stupid.

Catch-22 for the UK. Nobody gives a shit because we have no chance of winning, so nobody gives a shit when it comes pick the song and it turns out terrible and we have no chance of winning.

Even if the UK had the best act they would get fucked in the voting anyway, since everyone in Europe is always pissy with us for something or other.

It is awful though. Seem one novelty act - seen them all - usually on Eurotrash in the 90's.

So, I just watched the latest HitDan.

I've learned that hilarity and frustration are not mutually exclusive. It was a great video overall, but also one of the most frustrating things I've seen on the site. I worry that learning how the game works in terms of being compromised and suspicion and remembering objectives and knowing when they are in line of sight of someone could inherently make the videos less entertaining, though.

I guess it would shift the charm from their mishaps and desperation towards the humor the game actually intended (exploding golfball, affair, dead mother ghost) and that might not be better.

Seems like they were getting better towards the end of the video, but it all might be forgotten by the time the next DLC hits. All that said, I know 100% that it's tough to play games entertainingly and talk at the same time, especially when the game's as full of options as this Hitman game is. And watching them play a tutorial again or whatever would probably be boring. I guess I just wish I could see them pull off any of the crazy hits the game seems to set up.

oti

Banned
Catch-22 for the UK. Nobody gives a shit because we have no chance of winning, so nobody gives a shit when it comes pick the song and it turns out terrible and we have no chance of winning.

Even if the UK had the best act they would get fucked in the voting anyway, since everyone in Europe is always pissy with us for something or other.

It is awful though. Seem one novelty act - seen them all - usually on Eurotrash in the 90's.

Two words:

Germany.

Lena.

kanuuna

Does that Homefront QL feature some new audio magic, or am I just going crazy? Acoustics or something, feels like I'm listening to a podcast while watching b-roll.

new mics, see discussion above

Lazy me. Good investment for sure - will take some time to get used to though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Now, to be fair, you guys let Ireland send Jedward to the Eurovision which makes you even more hateable. I mean come on, couldn't you, like, invade them or something?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The only mod that would make me re-install Fallout 4 is a mod that would completely get rid of the fucking awful PipBoy.

Give me a SKYUI style inventory management and I'll play the game again.

Seriously, fuck the PipBoy. It's like they are stuck with a 1995 UI design for the sake of nostalgia. It's actively making the game worst just cause "they need to have a PipBoy, it's Fallout!".

Yeah the pipboy UI is godawful but we're stuck with it. Maybe when the mod tools are properly out someone will do a good UI.

popo

Jedward are at least funny, if unintentionally. Everyone should send a comedy act.

This years winner might well have set a precedent for trying to monopolise the sympathy of the voting public.

Next year Germany will put up a choir of migrant orphans from Syria.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The Freedom Launcher shouldn't kill enemies, it should turn them into Cowboys and other hilarious american stereotypes. Now that would be funny. It's supposed to be funny right?
Jedward are at least funny, if unintentionally. Everyone should send a comedy act.

This years winner might well have set a precedent for trying to monopolise the sympathy of the voting public.

Next year Germany will put up a choir of migrant orphans from Syria.

We did some time ago and it went pretty well (even if the dude turned out to be a gigantic asshole later on). Then we decided "Hey, let's just send some boring ballads from now on, everybody loves those!"
It was pretty funny though that the only country this year whose song wasn't mostly in english was...Austria. Our song was....french. You can tell cause we got a bunch of points from France, Belgium and Switzerland

Zaph

fyXQvur.png

And an avatar nobody asked for:

OmDqm1d.png

Stick that expression onto all of the QL videos and they'll be youtube stars in no time.

Quick Look Reaction Crew, go!
I think homefront looks pretty good visually.

The environment design is pretty good, yeah. Some of the fidelity is quite nice as well. Unfortunately anything animated is a bit of a mess. More than anything, it makes me lament Half-Life 3's nonexistence.

The news about the Batman Arkham ports made me remember that Arkham Knight was a thing that existed. I feel like that game really came and went.

ArjanN

Unlikely, but Verhoeven managed to get Starship Troopers made, so I guess anything is possible?

Yeah, but that's just because half the people who saw it didn't even realize it was satire, despite him laying it on incredibly thick. :p

There's something I like about Homefront. I just wish it were presented a bit better. I think it has potential to be a great series, but it really doesn't know what it is yet. I want to play the game, but I may wait for a sale in a few months.

killroy87

I know it's early and some people don't like GOTY talk, but screw it. Doom is 100% Jeffs game of the year, and thus probably Giant Bomb's. Brad won't argue with him.

Xater

I actually fell asleep halfway through the Homefront QL and that was after a coffee. That's how exciting that game is.

This is an insane statement.

edit Oh, you meant in general and not GB... maybe. If so, carry on!
Oh god no, I expect GB to give it the praise that it deserves but I also feel like they might be on of the few outlets to do so.

Obviously GOTY lists are kind of nonsense at the end of it all but it's always nice when a game that actually does something impressive is given praise for that.

With E3 being as weird as it is this year in terms of coverage, I'm looking forward to how GB is gonna cover it all and what they're even gonna cover.

Is there a schedule floating around with the conferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom