• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
lock as a goty contender

wQJTW6O.png

Positivity 2016.

Myggen

Jeffrey

Hope Austin writes something for homefront. Seems like he got things to say. Wish he'd write more, but I guess all the freelancing editing is super time consuming.

jaina

Hope Austin writes something for homefront. Seems like he got things to say. Wish he'd write more, but I guess all the freelancing editing is super time consuming.
Sounds like he really wants to write about the game, and pushed through it to have a full understanding.

He said in the QL he's doing a review. Or, at least, he wants to review it.

The comparisons he made to Crysis 2 make me want to dig it out of my Origin library and finally play it...

Shadow Of Mordor is really overrated for me. I didn't finish it, I found the combat really monotonous (the mobs were way too big at times) and the Nemesis system was a gimmick that you could see through after 2 hours.

That's before even speaking about the rank rotten story.

I thought all of the Top 5 that year were better.

ArjanN

Sounds like he really wants to write about the game, and pushed through it to have a full understanding.

Yeah, seemed like that to me.

Homefront just looks like a mediocre shooter and the alternate fiction/tone doesn't seem offensive enough that even a "is this racist/inappropriate" take on it would be very interesting either.

Honestly I feel he probably should have just played Hitman instead. I know he must have heard the Idle Thumbs guys raving about it at this point.:p

TraBuch

Banned
I dunno, Homefront looks janky but fine to me. And his complaints about the story not saying anything means absolutely nothing to me. I feel like it might actually be pretty fun after some bug fixes. Or a lot. But still, it's probably gonna be a game I pick up when it hits $20.

Curufinwe

Shadow Of Mordor is really overrated for me. I didn't finish it, I found the combat really monotonous (the mobs were way too big at times) and the Nemesis system was a gimmick that you could see through after 2 hours.

That's before even speaking about the rank rotten story.

I thought all of the Top 5 that year were better.

I liked it, but by the final battle I was glad it was over and no interest in grinding out all the trophies or buying the DLC.

And yeah, the story was poor.

Jeffrey

He said in the QL he's doing a review. Or, at least, he wants to review it.

The comparisons he made to Crysis 2 make me want to dig it out of my Origin library and finally play it...

cool, must have missed that, and well im only half way through this long ass QL while half paying attention ('working')

KingKong

Vinny loading an old save of Ninja Gaiden, one of the hardest action games ever made, not even Black with the improved camera and easy mode, is going to be amazing

Myggen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Bomb#Employees

I know GB doesn't fill this in (I guess) but why is everybody a Senior editor if there is no (Jr.) editor?

That`s pretty common when there`s only experienced editors working at a company. It`s just a title. At some point if there`s not a steady flow of new more inexperienced employees that`s gonna happen.

edit Looking at that list, technically I think only Ryan and Patrick are former employees of GB. The others have been employees of CBSi and Whiskey directly.

Vinny loading an old save of Ninja Gaiden, one of the hardest action games ever made, not even Black with the improved camera and easy mode, is going to be amazing

They could call it...Vanquishing Vincent Versus Victorious Vinny Videos

aka

VVVVVV (not to be confused with the video game, VVVVVV)

So assuming that Doom is so far the favorite for GOTY this year... Looking forward, what could dethrone it as far as GB is concerned? When was the last time Brad and Jeff had similar feelings on their number 1 GOTY? A Brad/Jeff alliance in GOTY deliberations seems deadly...

StoveOven

Banned
So assuming that Doom is so far the favorite for GOTY this year... Looking forward, what could dethrone it as far as GB is concerned? When was the last time Brad and Jeff had similar feelings on their number 1 GOTY? A Brad/Jeff alliance in GOTY deliberations seems deadly...

Let's see how long this Doom love affair lasts before writing it in as the favorite. Brad and Jeff seemed equally excited about The Witness earlier this year, and I don't know that Doom has fully overthrown it just yet.

Also, I don't think Brad and Jeff have ever agreed on the number one pick except for Mordor which was basically consensus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom