• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzacat

Banned
Austin really likes that meme with the song with the acoustic guitar and then sick bass.

What is that from? Its totally anime isnt it?
It was in this show, you knew you were at the good part when it played, then once it stopped playing and a new generation arrived and then the show went to shit like fast af as fuck

i mean ghostbusters would not be getting the reaction it is if it was just another kinda-mediocre looking comedy reboot starring a bunch of dudes.

but yeah fuck people harassing his family over it. it's a movie review.

Uh oh. I'm not going to go see the new ghostbusters and I didn't see Star Wars or Fury Road in theaters. Does that mean I'm a triple sexist and also racist?

you're good!

Tubobutts

Uh oh. I'm not going to go see the new ghostbusters and I didn't see Star Wars or Fury Road in theaters. Does that mean I'm a triple sexist and also racist?

santeesioux

i mean ghostbusters would not be getting the reaction it is if it was just another kinda-mediocre looking comedy reboot starring a bunch of dudes.

but yeah fuck people harassing his family over it. it's a movie review.

Oh yeah, there is certainly a concerted effort to downvote the trailer that wouldn't have been there if the actors were men, but it's a slippery slope to call anyone that doesn't think it looks very good a sexist.

You're probably also against trans bathroom rights.

fleck0

Vinny teased "Something Exquisite" at the end of Ninja Gaiden. I'll bet it's Corpse Party on Steam!

reaching pretty far

yami4ct

Vinny teased "Something Exquisite" at the end of Ninja Gaiden. I'll bet it's Corpse Party on Steam!

reaching pretty far

Corpse Party is so damn good, but I would not want to moderate the chat of a stream for that. It would be a shitshow on so many levels. GB chat gets bad enough as is.

He posted a video saying he isn't going to be reviewing the new Ghostbuster video and it went viral on Twitter and every clickbait site calling him a sexist even though he doesn't even bring up the cast. It's all over Twitter and you can tell people haven't actually watched it or know who he is calling him a sexist and even going after his wife. These are the type of people that you would think would usually be against this type of thing, but they're using some "gamergate" style tactics against him. Like even Patton Oswalt and Dane Cook are demonizing the guy.

As much as I don't care for Ghostbusters because I thought it was a time and a place thing for those movies and don't deserve to be remade or have a sequel because it ended fine.

Shitty people like that make me want the movie to fail just to see what they will do lol, maybe they'll call all critics sexists and shit. Also, I just watched the video and I don't see where all the shit is coming from so you're right, it's easy to weed out who watched it all and who didn't. Obviously many didn't.

Perfect.

This Homefront look is amazing

"Have they not taken over Canada yet?"
"I guess not. Canada didn't owe them alot of money!"
"Yeah so what's the world reaction here?"
"Nope."

He posted a video saying he isn't going to be reviewing the new Ghostbuster video and it went viral on Twitter and every clickbait site calling him a sexist even though he doesn't even bring up the cast. It's all over Twitter and you can tell people haven't actually watched it or know who he is calling him a sexist and even going after his wife. These are the type of people that you would think would usually be against this type of thing, but they're using some "gamergate" style tactics against him. Like even Patton Oswalt and Dane Cook are demonizing the guy.

Toxic-ass internet garbage. Really enjoy it when The Good Ones think they have to fight so hard they essentially become the people they are against. 👌

Zaph

oh haha it was Zaph who sent that in

e: oh Austin knew who he was right off, that's good

See, I always knew Zaph was a good guy despite his many glaring, abhorrent characteristics.

Now I know why Zaph was talking shit about the Beastcast threads! They sat on his mailbag for a year.

Zaph representing GB GAF. Also the poster is cool.

That was nothing to do with me. I barely remember to send family birthday cards - ain't sending books halfway across the world.

Strax

If only it looked like a kinda-mediocre comedy, it looks like a bad spoof like Epic Movie or Meet The Spartans judging from the trailers. The worst thing tho is Leslie Jones character, she's one bad rewrite from eating watermelons and chicken in every scene.

Xater

If only it looked like a kinda-mediocre comedy, it looks like a bad spoof like Epic Movie or Meet The Spartans judging from the trailers. The worst thing tho is Leslie Jones character, she's one bad rewrite from eating watermelons and chicken in every scene.

Agreed, but only for the first trailer. I think the second one hit that mediocre mark. Still not good enough when this is supposed to be the new Ghostbusters. It's Sony though, I can't even remember the last time they put out a movie I enjoyed.

Strax

Never understood the love for the original Ghostbusters, it's not that great of a movie imo.

I think its because it works on so many levels, its the rare movie that blends horror, thriller, drama, comedy and action and works but is still somehow kid friendly enough for toys and cartoons.

Also a hit song that people still rememeber 30 years later.

Yup. Enjoyed it enough as a kid, but never understood it's cult status. Cartoon was pretty great though.

Brazil, Donnie Darko and Repo Man are cult films, Ghostbusters not so much.

Vic_Viper

Can anyone tell me what Gundam book Austin was holding during the GBeast unblocking video. He's holding at the end of the second box

Tan

Is this site not saving colour preference for anyone at the moment? Every time I visit or refresh it's white.

f0rk

I installed and played WoW again whole listening to the bombcast yesterday for no reason...

Should I look for a refer a friend to restart my subscription? Not sure how it works

Zaph

I installed and played WoW again whole listening to the bombcast yesterday for no reason...

Should I look for a refer a friend to restart my subscription? Not sure how it works

It's been a long while since I played, but I'm pretty sure Scroll of Resurrection no longer exists. So any type of referral benefits will require a new account (or one less than 30 days old).

The benefits are pretty good though, especially if you plan on playing together. A friend and I split the costs of a new account and character transfers just to level up a bunch of alts really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom