• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Look, people here sent them a fridge. Nobody is topping that.

And it's still truckin - when Apple eventually takes over the entire building, that good ol' boy will still be serving at a frosty 38F

GBGAF are the fathers and mothers of Fridge-kun??

When shit kinda hit the fan with all that gamers and gators nonsense, we had a whip-round and sent Rorie a fridge after they sabotaged the vending machines.

Megasoum

Banned
So huh... I just bought 5x1tb Samsung SSD for a grand total of 41$CAN including taxes and shipping... That's 3.69$ per SSD.

It's a super obscure Québec online store and they already stopped taking orders.

Also, no fucking way they actually honor it but hey, I've taken worse bets in my life lol.

Myggen

I think GBWest is only two people right now, Jason and Brad. But that's the good thing about having two offices, when one's "down" the other can pick up the slack.

kiguel182

it occurs to me that literally all non-bombcast content so far this week has been the beast crew

Yeah, it sucks the West guys didn't do just some random thing. I mean, take 1 or 2 hours from your day and mess around with a game for a bit. It's better than nothing.

I don't get it.

Strax

oh no - Daily Mail reporting a Kylie Jenner sex tape leaked.
RIP GAF servers and the members in the thread discussing it.

Zaph

If Gbeast wants to do me a solid, a long video on Total Warhammer would be great. I need to fill the void until DoW3, but Total War games look impenetrable to me.

Zaph

really? I think they're actually really straightforward.

Yup. Them and Civ games - never been able to make it past 10 minutes. Yet I'm really into turn based tactical combat like xcom and devil survivor?

But I think I'm going to force myself through it for Total Warhammer.

I JUST WANNA PLAY OVERWATCH

stay strong

t1464130800z4.png

Overwatch might be up on Monday, not Tuesday. Get hyped! (fair warning: this is based on some twitter post.)
Honestly, not even. It's a MOBA ass MOBA with a third person camera and randomized card packs.

Yeah that's basically it. The bizarre weapon range and lack of fog of war make it look like a really weird Warcraft 3 total conversion rather than any kind of shooter. It seems very suboptimal compared to the regular RTS controls of DotA and League.

New MOBAs really need to step away from DotA's design unless they're going full HoN. Otherwise it leads to so many bizarre design choices that only exist in DotA because of WC3's engine, like last hitting, item limits, or the height evasion thing.

KingKong

New MOBAs really need to step away from DotA's design unless they're going full HoN. Otherwise it leads to so many bizarre design choices that only exist in DotA because of WC3's engine, like last hitting, item limits, or the height evasion thing.

how are last hitting, item limits and height evasion bizarre? Maybe they came out of necessity but they're very good features that add a lot to the gameplay

Wunder

Overwatch might be up on Monday, not Tuesday. Get hyped! (fair warning: this is based on some twitter post.)

Yeah that's basically it. The bizarre weapon range and lack of fog of war make it look like a really weird Warcraft 3 total conversion rather than any kind of shooter. It seems very suboptimal compared to the regular RTS controls of DotA and League.

I think it's launching at midnight GMT so that'll be Monday for the Americas and Tuesday for everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom