• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Total War: Warhammer should get one point below whatever each critic gives it because it passed up the fucking tee-ball setup for its name

Brand guidelines can be a motherfucker.

oh sure. You know the devs wanted it but I bet neither sega or gw would give.

Creative Assembly : "Can we agree to call it Total Warhammer?"

SEGA : "but how will people know it is part of the Total War™ franchise?"

Games Workshop : "Nope".

Yeah, as much as I would like more content they would lose what makes them so special by having a supervisor and someone cracking down on them.

If ocasional droughts is the price of having Giant Bomb as it is I'll take it.

This sounds exactly like the defense of Fallout 4 from GOTY. "Oh, it's an unavoidable by-product of the thing we enjoy. There's no way to change it, so we have to accept it as the cost of doing business with [insert piece of media content]."

jaina

This sounds exactly like the defense of Fallout 4 from GOTY. "Oh, it's an unavoidable by-product of the thing we enjoy. There's no way to change it, so we have to accept it as the cost of doing business with [insert piece of media content]."
Yes.
Demand more from your anime titty Giant Bomb games content pipeline.

Myggen

This discussion has already been done to death, but whatever. Mario Party 1, 2, 4 and 5 are some of my favourite videos in the site`s history. Mario Party 3 and 6 are alright. The feature is dependent on a decent map and some luck in keeping it competitive. But with that kind of history I want them to go all the way, it`s one of my favourite series in the site`s history. It`s not like they`re doing these very often either, it`s 10 games and a video every 6 or so month that`s still maybe the most popular thing they do outside of the podcast. I hope they do another live one at PAX Prime, even if the next game moves away from 50 turns (or is the the game after 7 that does this).

But seriously. What are they doing all week?

They put out a Bombcast, sure. That's great but they themselves said they're producing it live now, so there isn't anything to be done afterwards except post it, right?

They even put it out early this week, maybe earlier than ever? So what happens in that office on Tuesday and Wednesday, and now Thursday?

I'm not trying to accuse them of anything, just genuinely curious. Their site exists to create and publish content. So where is it?

Myggen

They put out a Bombcast, sure. That's great but they themselves said they're producing it live now, so there isn't anything to be done afterwards except post it, right?

They even put it out early this week, maybe earlier than ever? So what happens in that office on Tuesday and Wednesday, and now Thursday?

I'm not trying to accuse them of anything, just genuinely curious. Their site exists to create and publish content. So where is it?

If someone could find Vinny`s post about this in this thread, just quote it. May be a bit outdated, but should still give you an idea.

GBWest has been 2 people for the last two days I believe. Dan, Drew and Jeff has been out at least since Wednesday. Jeff is back today, maybe yesterday.

I really think they could be more imaginative with their content. This is just off the top of my head but what about...

Slow week? Then let's call it "Mario Week" and just turn the cameras on and play some games.

On Monday, Drew plays through Super Mario Brothers 1 while the rest of them commentate and talk about their memories and feelings about SMB1.

On Tuesday, Dan plays through Super Mario Brothers 2 while the rest of them commentate and talk about their memories and feelings about SMB2.

...And so on, until Friday when someone is playing Super Mario 64 (or whatever) for a while, as the others talk about it.

Who wouldn't want to watch that? It's practically free for them to do and would be interesting, depending on their discussions while the person is playing. It would work with a ton of different series, I just chose Mario at random.

I really think they could be more imaginative with their content. This is just off the top of my head but what about...

Slow week? Then let's call it "Mario Week" and just turn the cameras on and play some games.

On Monday, Drew plays through Super Mario Brothers 1 while the rest of them commentate and talk about their memories and feelings about SMB1.

On Tuesday, Dan plays through Super Mario Brothers 2 while the rest of them commentate and talk about their memories and feelings about SMB2.

...And so on, until Friday when someone is playing Super Mario 64 (or whatever) for a while, as the others talk about it.

Who wouldn't want to watch that? It's practically free for them to do and would be interesting, depending on their discussions while the person is playing. It would work with a ton of different series, I just chose Mario at random.

that sounds hokey as shit but consider this: Brad has never played Super Mario Sunshine

kiguel182

That's what they have done so far and it has worked. It's not perfect but I also don't want to risk having worst content.

I'm all for more content, I'm just not sure if having a manager would help or just hurt them more.

kiguel182

Brad is playing Doom and Dan Clash Royale. We all know it.

If someone could find Vinny`s post about this in this thread, just quote it. May be a bit outdated, but should still give you an idea.

GBWest has been 2 people for the last two days I believe. Dan, Drew and Jeff has been out at least since Wednesday. Jeff is back today, maybe yesterday.

Is there a Vinny post explaining the day to day activities of the website? I've always been curious about that. Even thought of sending in an email.

My point is, when Jeff posts a video of himself, at home, playing old Commodore 64 games, it's content that people watch. They could be doing a lot more of that kind of thing and it would hold us over until something worthwhile actually happens.

Zaph

I cannot abide by this MPP shitting. 6 was a bit of a downer, but this is the arc of Mario Party - a spiral of suffering and despair.

Sylas

Organizing E3 appointments, making sure they have the space to do their livestream--getting the equipment ready for a trek. The month or so leading up to E3 is always a drought of content because they have a shitload of work to do.

oti

Banned
Guys, I live in Germany so I'm an expert in complaining but MPP 6 was totally fine.

People complaining about a MPP not being fun don't get the point behind MPP. It's an art piece.

kiguel182

MPP6 was great until they ate too much and Dan started winning by a large margin. The board didn't help.

I blame Twitter and Dan being too good at Mario Party (SKILL).

Despite this, it was still good.

skynidas

Banned
I don't think MPP is the problem. I just feel like they are just shitting random Quick Looks that are not too interesting and they could be doing more shows or different features with games that are not new.

MPP6 was great until they ate too much and Dan started winning by a large margin. The board didn't help.

I blame Twitter and Dan being too good at Mario Party (SKILL).

Despite this, it was still good.

Yep. There's a clear shift after the designated break, but it's got plenty of funny stuff throughout.

3 is still the worst in the series

Tubobutts

I'm looking forward to a Total Warhammer quick look because I can't play it and it make be very happy every time they say they wish fantasy was 40k.
Because killing fantasy completely wasn't enough.

I like that Austins Twitter is just him telling people he doesn't like Space Marines.

Myggen

8oIMW9b.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/giantbomb/comments/4k31g4/scoops_and_the_wolf_theatrical_adaptation_poster/

convo

Someone put up a highlight reel of MPP6 on youtube with some added editing and can say it's funny enough to justify the feature, can't imagine sitting through 5 hours of that in one go.

MPP6 was pretty damn solid considering a) the map and b) the way the game shook out results-wise with Dan dominating by the second half. You can't always have an ending like the fifth one.

Xater

It's a big strategy game + Warhammer which means that GBeast will look at it which means an hour long QL is probably a safe bet.

At least that game probably deserves such a long QL and has stuff to show. I felt burned out just watching Homefront for 30 minutes. Probably why I fell asleep not long after that.

MPP 6 was way better than MPP 5.
There I said it.

I mean that's wrong, but certainly an opinion one could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom