• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Ugh, with all your complaining I'll give GAF Dark a try. Doubt it's easier to read.
GB looks nicer on a dark background, but the articles/reviews go to my kindle anyways.

Meneses

Even though I love Vinny and always try to watch everything he's in, I haven't watched a GBEast video until the end in a long time (aside from this LOLS, the previous one might have been Castlevinnya).

I just really don't like most of the games they have been covering - and that's fine, because for every one of me there's probably 2 or 3 people who really love those genres, so they're having a good time.

GBWest has been covering the more video-friendly games and it makes that content more entertaining for me.

In the end, between both coasts I think everyone can always find something they like.

I would actually love to know the day to day operations of Giantbomb. I love the snippets we get when they talk about the meetings and stuff.

That whole side of the website is super fascinating.

Yeah, same. I'd be curious to see what Dan and Brad have been up to while in the office this week, or even just generally what the average workday is like and how much of it is logistical stuff.

yami4ct

I just feel bad, because once again, it's when people are bitching and moaning

The GB Crew really needs to visit us in our brightest hours. Like last night's anime music discussion.

Thanks for stopping by Vinny! I look forward to you guys being a E3 and whatever the recurring feature you're teasing ends up being. Keep it up.

I just feel bad, because once again, it's when people are bitching and moaning

especially when the bitching and moaning has nothing to do with their end of things

East coast has consistently been on point with getting stuff out there and I gotta give credit to them for that, despite having a limited interest in their content

Volotaire

The GB Crew really needs to visit us in our brightest hours. Like last night's anime music discussion.

Thanks for stopping by VInny! I look forward to you guys being a E3 and whatever the recurring feature you're teasing ends up being. Keep it up.

The thought of Vinny, Jeff and Dan in the E3 ride this year just popped in my head. That would be crazy awesome.

I just really don't like most of the games they have been covering - and that's fine, because for every one of me there's probably 2 or 3 people who really love those genres, so they're having a good time.

I get the sense they play things that they legitimately wouldn't play and aren't playing otherwise.

Myggen

I get the sense they play things that they legitimately wouldn't play and aren't playing otherwise.

Of course, they've always played a ton of stuff for coverage. I think Vinny or Jeff has talked about how the only things they have CBSi pay for is the games they wouldn't by if it wasn't for coverage.

yami4ct

Let's get back to talking about which anime tunes are great.

Savage Garden is technically anime music now, so there's some silly light in the world!

Prince's 1999 still would've been way more perfect, but that wasn't ever going to happen for obvious reasons.

popo

This is like a year old but it gives a good idea.

If someone could find Vinny`s post about this in this thread, just quote it. May be a bit outdated, but should still give you an idea.

Not really. Everyone knows Vinny is the hardest working man in show business (hi Vinny!).

He has to maintain the equipment, plan the videos and star in the videos. GB West has two full time video producers.

Besides. When people ask "what do they even do all day?" they are really asking "what the fuck does Brad do all day?" (hi Brad!)

:D

Tubobutts

Vinny would you like Warhammer fantasy more or less if I told you that the Warhammer equivalent of Sicily was an island full of pirates?
Although I don't think it's in Total Warhammer.

Of course, they've always played a ton of stuff for coverage. I think Vinny or Jeff has talked about how the only things they have CBSi pay for is the games they wouldn't by if it wasn't for coverage.

Sensible. I'm more interested in what they would want to play but these are games that may go uncovered other places.

Myggen

Not really. Everyone knows Vinny is the hardest working man in show business (hi Vinny!).

He has to maintain the equipment, plan the videos and star in the videos. GB West has two full time video producers.

Besides. When people ask "what do they even do all day?" they are really asking "what the fuck does Brad do all day?" (hi Brad!)

:D

I mean I get that you're kinda kidding but at the same time I also get that Brad sometimes comes into this thread to yell at people when the ongoing meme is basically that he's lazy. It's shitty.

Doubt it. Jeff is many things but he isn't a great manager. If they were a little bigger a managing editor would be a great addition to handle all the meetings and organising shit. If they do have two people out in addition to judges week then it is just poor staff management. #office cuk #betamanager

No offence, but how the fuck would you know what's happening?

yami4ct

GBWest posted ten videos last week, including a Mario Party Party, a Mailbag, a Ranking of Fighters, and the first VRodeo. I still don't get why people are complaining either.

People get antsy when they go a day without content. Is it fair? No, not really. Especially right now when they are in the middle of prepping for E3, their biggest event of the year. If any time I forgive them for being busy, it's now.

I've watched every UPF up until January 31st 2014. I've been using the first months of my membership to catch up on all of that stuff. I haven't even touch Breaking Brad or Metal Gear Scanlon. I've done the occasional Demo Derby, but it's mostly been UPF.

Volotaire

Do people seriously think because there's no content they are sitting at their desks doing nothing?

image.php

I've watched every UPF up until January 31st 2014. I've been using the first months of my membership to catch up on all of that stuff. I haven't even touch Breaking Brad or Metal Gear Scanlon. I've done the occasional Demo Derby, but it's mostly been UPF.

I mean, why would you gorge on baked potatoes when you have the steak that is Demo Derby sitting right in front of you

Some people do, yes.

Yesterday I looked at that dumb IGN Doom review meme thread on /r/gaming and it had a lot of people discussing alternatives to IGN. When people mentioned GB the first thing a few people asked was how people found the time to consume all the longform audio and video content they produce :p

you need a "shit reddit thread" intervention

Myggen

Do people seriously think because there's no content they are sitting at their desks doing nothing?

Some people do, yes.

Yesterday I looked at that dumb IGN Doom review meme thread on /r/gaming and it had a lot of people discussing alternatives to IGN. When people mentioned GB the first thing a few people asked was how people found the time to consume all the longform audio and video content they produce :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom