• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I picked a bad time to start following this thread again didn't I? :(

Yep.

xxU0J7G.png

Tubobutts

You know, sometimes I'm not sure whether things are a joke or not but then I think "It's Warhammer. It's probably true". Warhammer is like Anime in that there is nothing that seems too stupid.
One of the chaos effects in the role playing game is that your genitals detach from you and run off to the chaos wastes while you sleep and are replaced by a toothed orifice that whispers lewd suggestions to you.

So yes it is Anime.
The Ciaphas Cain books are really fun reads. Lots of personality.
I'd second this. The early books can be kind of rough cause I don't think the author is a great writer, but they either improved or I got used to it by the later books.

Myggen

The UPF is scheduled for midnight on Saturday morning!? Hah.

Looks like they fixed it.

It shows your local time, so it`s midnight for me.

edit Listening to The Political Gabfest makes me appreciate the GB ad readings and ads per hour ratio, Jesus Christ so many podcasts are terrible at both of these.

yami4ct

One of the chaos effects in the role playing game is that your genitals detach from you and run off to the chaos wastes while you sleep and are replaced by a toothed orifice that whispers lewd suggestions to you.

So yes it is Anime.

Too clever. That's 80's anime. Modern anime is just random girls fighting for no reason and knocking each other's clothes off.

Zaph

I use both NeoGAF and GB with light backgrounds, anything else gives me a migraine.
I much prefer the lighter. I wonder if some of those who find it difficult to read have their brightness/contrast blown out? It's something I see a lot on monitors meanwhile the other settings are untouched.

danm999

Just caught up with all the Hitman stuff. Man Brad+Dan might be my new favourite combo. They compliment each other so well.

A super rare Vinny appearance and a Brad drop in. What have you sonsabitches been doing today?

I went back a few pages since I was busy today for the most part and damn, that's kind of a mess haha. I don't know what some of you are expecting when Drew is vacationing, Jeff with judges week and in general everyone is preparing for E3 which is a month or so away.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Just caught up with all the Hitman stuff. Man Brad+Dan might be my new favourite combo. They compliment each other so well.

You should watch the Shadow of Mordor videos. Brad trying to teach Dan a bit of Lord of the Rings lore was hilarious to me.

Strax

I've been in advertising and marketing for years, and if it was anything like Mad Men I'd be at home right now instead of proofing a bunch of stuff that isn't going to be seen for months.

Most people are clueless as to what people really do at work, aside from what they assume or see on TV. No one should really be calling out the work ethic of anyone at GB or anywhere else. It's just insulting. Joke or not.

To be fair I worked as copywriter for a year for the largest ad agency in my country and it was basically Mad Men but in 2015.

No joke.

Tubobutts

You should watch the Shadow of Mordor videos. Brad trying to teach Dan a bit of Lord of the Rings lore was hilarious to me.
I still want some sort of feature that is just Brad explaining LOTR to Dan. And then they can have an exchange program where Dan explains wrestling to Brad.

"Orcs aren't real"
"Wrestling isn't real"

yami4ct

Man, that Witcher 3 DLC is soon. Like, real soon. So damn excited to hop back into that game for 1 final adventure. If this is supposed to be even more significant than Hearts of Stone, it's going to be a real special expansion.

Man, that Witcher 3 DLC is soon. Like, real soon. So damn excited to hop back into that game for 1 final adventure. If this is supposed to be even more significant than Hearts of Stone, it's going to be a real special expansion.

I've been warming up the last 2 nights downloading it again (I have digital copy), getting a feel for combat again, doing some question marks and hitting lvl 40 from 39.

Also trying to upgrade the enchant guy up to level 3 so I can get the treat your armor as light thing.

So excited.

Salarians

Loaded up Rocket League, played a couple 3-on-3, lost every game, get into my first Hoops game ever, score a goal in 3 seconds, win, and get a Witcher medallion for my car.

Dineren

Banned

That expansion pass ended up being an amazing value, I can't wait to jump back in.

Although I am kind of sad that this will be the last content for TW3, it's going to be a long wait until Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm taking Doom real slow, playing about a level a night and then hopping into some multiplayer. Finishing a Doom level makes me feel the same way I feel when I eat like, a cup of soup and half a sandwich for lunch. satisfied, but not really hungry for more.

yami4ct

Hey, guys, long time no see.

This is a great OT title.

We really hit it out of the part for once. Reduced Fat can finally rest easy.

That expansion pass ended up being an amazing value, I can't wait to jump back in.

Although I am kind of sad that this will be the last content for TW3, it's going to be a long wait until Cyberpunk 2077.

I bought the Expansion Pass on a random bet (stupid thing to do, but whatever). Hearts of Stone alone justified the price. Anything Blood and Wine gives is just gravy.

Megasoum

Banned
Since I've realized that Rafe in Uncharted 4 is basically the bad guy from Twister, I finally started to appreciate his character more

twister-1.jpg

Zaph

http://deadline.com/2016/05/network...ghts-series-pickups-2016-upfronts-1201752808/
With the international marketplace and domestic SVOD “exploding,” “having ownership is a huge, huge difference — and it does affect everything we do,” Moonves said today, articulating the driver behind the networks’ current mandate to air shows they have financial interest in. He was blunt — “A show that’s 100% owned [by CBS] will generally get a better time period and generally will be more important to the network.”

Giant Bomb's subscription video basically influenced the entirety of CBS. All of Jeff's golfing with Moonves paid off - the next MPP should air on prime time.

Playing Doom alongside Uncharted 4 has really killed my momentum in the latter, especially since I'm at a pretty low point in the game (chapters 12-13, right after the big car chase scene). I just keep thinking "I'd be immediately having fun in Doom if I booted it up right now, not driving around in a boat looking for murky underwater arrows."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom