• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

I think lets chill a bit and rewatch one of the best ever upf's.

khOMRNE.jpg

It's e3 soon and gb basically makes that entire shit show entertaining for a week.

I mean, why would you gorge on baked potatoes when you have the steak that is Demo Derby sitting right in front of you

Mostly because I'm at work while this stuff is on, and I can easily glance over to that screen while I'm working and I won't really miss too much. Most of the other stuff, particularly Demo Derby, I like to watch at home at 2am on a Saturday when I'm just lounging on the couch.

popo

I mean I get that you're kinda kidding but at the same time I also get that Brad sometimes comes into this thread to yell at people when the ongoing meme is basically that he's lazy. It's shitty.

Let him come. Not my fault if he can't take a joke.

GBWest posted ten videos last week, including a Mario Party Party, a Mailbag, a Ranking of Fighters, and the first VRodeo. I still don't get why people are complaining either.

Well that is the point. Not so much people saying there is nothing to watch as wondering how they can go from posting so much one week to posting nothing the next. Even on half staff.

I'm sure a lot of people believe "work = recording" cause that's what game press has evolved into; video video and more video.

I create content for a living and if all my job consisted of was creating content my work life would be a lot easier.

Sadly life doesn't work like that.

Well that is the point. Not so much people saying there is nothing to watch as wondering how they can go from posting so much one week to posting nothing the next. Even on half staff.

Probably in preparation for that very thing, just like they recorded a ton of stuff to prepare for everyone being at PAX.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Everytime I hear "We don't just play videogames for a living" it makes feel a bit better about my boring soon-to-be job.

skynidas

Banned
PAX was terrible. shitty panel, that pax wrestling thing is way too stupid for me, and they didn't do any interviews or something cool like that.

yami4ct

wondering how they can go from posting so much one week to posting nothing the next. Even on half staff.

Because most of the staff left are probably prepping E3. Appointments, guests for the live show, packing of equipment (and there's a metric ton of that), schedules, etc. all need to be worked out. By that time, you've probably used up staff from enough departments that getting a new video together is pretty rough. The staff that is left are probably going through their typical daily activities of either keeping the site running or prepping games for other content.

PAX was terrible. shitty panel, that pax wrestling thing is way too stupid for me, and they didn't do any interviews or something cool like that.

PAX is their opportunity to go and meet some of the site users and see some upcoming games, it's not for content.

And they only do the wrestling thing because they are there anyway, it's not a GB thing.

popo

This thread continues to get more and more toxic over ridiculous shit. Sucks.

lol toxic. Called a discussion.

I can tell that it is causing friction though between those who are maybe a little too defensive of the staff and those that are way too hard on them.

Wasn't meant to go that way so I will say no more.

Probably in preparation for that very thing, just like they recorded a ton of stuff to prepare for everyone being at PAX.

Because most of the staff left are probably prepping E3. Appointments, guests for the live show, packing of equipment (and there's a metric ton of that), schedules, etc. all need to be worked out. By that time, you've probably used up staff from enough departments that getting a new video together is pretty rough. The staff that is left are probably going through their typical daily activities of either keeping the site running or prepping games for other content.

As someone eloquently asked me

No offence, but how the fuck would you know what's happening?

We can all guess.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Not really. Everyone knows Vinny is the hardest working man in show business (hi Vinny!).

He has to maintain the equipment, plan the videos and star in the videos. GB West has two full time video producers.

Besides. When people ask "what do they even do all day?" they are really asking "what the fuck does Brad do all day?" (hi Brad!)

:D

You're right about one thing, nobody in this thread has any fucking idea what or how much I do here.

yami4ct

Guys, you managed to summon 2 GB staff members by being negative. What do you have to say for yourselves?

Let's stop focusing on the release lull this week and instead focus on how incredible a year it's been for games. It's too damn good. Even with VR hitting with a bit of a thud, it's been one of the best years in recent memory.

I create content for a living and if all my job consisted of was creating content my work life would be a lot easier.

Sadly life doesn't work like that.

I've been in advertising and marketing for years, and if it was anything like Mad Men I'd be at home right now instead of proofing a bunch of stuff that isn't going to be seen for months.

Most people are clueless as to what people really do at work, aside from what they assume or see on TV. No one should really be calling out the work ethic of anyone at GB or anywhere else. It's just insulting. Joke or not.

daydream

Banned
people being ignorant about the work schedule of the gb guys are as harmful as the people that blow up one guy acting idiotic into this big thread crisis balloon

get a grip

Vinny being funny made me spend actual United States currency to play Homefront and yet I'm not even close to the saddest person in these last few pages

people being ignorant about the work schedule of the gb guys are as harmful as the people that blow up one guy acting idiotic into this big thread crisis balloon

get a grip

To be fair the thread is a constant trickle of passive aggressive angst that the guys do nothing because there's not a new video at the top of every hour, this is just the head of it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Some of the fantasy Sicilian pirates are fantasy Sicilian vampire pirates.

You know, sometimes I'm not sure whether things are a joke or not but then I think "It's Warhammer. It's probably true". Warhammer is like Anime in that there is nothing that seems too stupid.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The real thing tearing me apart is the bug on GB that makes the site appear white despite me setting to black. I haven't even noticed the lack of content because my retinas have burned off. Thankfully the last thing I read was that they had acknowledged the problem and were working on it, and probably someone will find a work around by about this time.

And now I look at the thread and there the workaround is. Shall we return to shitposting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom