• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

I would guess that anyone who posts in this thread watches way, way more than the average.

I would guess a lot of us watch at work. I cant imagine watching so much GB stuff if I had to fit it in with tv shows and movies and games and all the other entertainment

I would be fascinated to learn what percentage of GB content the average subscriber actually consumes. I'd guess somewhere around 10% if you don't count the Bomb/Beastcast.

I am down a whole lot in recent months.

I skip most random steam trash QL's and I find myself fast forwarding most UPF's. (seriously. Every segment these days drags on at least 15 minutes longer then it should and feels drawn out)

I would guess a lot of us watch at work. I cant imagine watching so much GB stuff if I had to fit it in with tv shows and movies and games and all the other entertainment

I'm the exact opposite haha, I always watch at home. Podcasts is mostly when I'm busy with shit I have to do, otherwise I'd listen while playing games I already beat(second playthroughts). Live podcasts certainly will change things so hopefully I'll be able to join in if the timing is right and all but we'll see (UPF for me starts 1:00am lol).

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

A lot of my watching is done in bed these days. Either just before I go to sleep or on the weekend when I want to pretend like I'm awake but have no interest in vertical living.

Joeku

Ok.

That anime song with the sick bass line is actually just a old song from YES the Jojo people licenced.

Thank god. Thought I was catching the anime for a secont. Nothing wrong with liking YES

That song is literally the reason I loved part 1 and got stuck halfway through the Stand stuff. Holy shit Yes is so hype.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I would be fascinated to learn what percentage of GB content the average subscriber actually consumes. I'd guess somewhere around 10% if you don't count the Bomb/Beastcast.

For the last 3 - 4 months I'd be at 0% but now I'm slowly making my way through the premium content I missed.

For me, it's almost everything. The only things I don't consume are The Powerbombcast and (while it was premium) Alt-F1. I don't listen to every episode of Danswers, just ones depending on the guest. As for the videos, I watch everything. Maybe not to completion, maybe with some skipping, but I watch each thing, even their Alt-F1 track walks, despite not listening to the podcast.

Anjin M

Just want you all to know that if the next thread is "Giant Bomb #23 | You're maybe the first person to question my work ethic", it's because this thread bummed me out today.

yami4ct

Alright cool, simpler is probably good.

I guess I just never noticed Gundam after I stopped watching whatever the series was that Toonami aired in the late 90's/early 2000's or whatever. The new one I just bought looks rad and I remember Austin talking about Iron Blooded Orphans, is it worth checking out?

I liked it quite a bit. It's a slower show, which put a ton of people off. It's mostly about hanging out with these child soldiers and seeing them grow (for better and worse) through their journey. It's an interesting take and focuses on some of the really messed up parts of war Gundam tends to gloss over. There are a couple arcs in the middle that are rushed and overly heavy handed, but when the show really hones in on its character moments it's great. Definitely looking forward to season 2. What little action there is looks super duper nice as well.

yami4ct

I multitask a lot. I watch GB while I'm doing shit around the house, playing video games, etc. I don't watch that much TV, so I'm easily able to fit in most of their content as background noise at the very least.

Jintor

GB is almost 100% background noise for me except for bombcasts which are background noise while in transit

Majority of viewing is either via podcast games or oddly enough while cooking.

in an unrelated note, I have minor oil splash burns all down one arm because I fucked up.

jambo

Gahhhhh... DOOM is so ugly (and not perfectly smooth) on my PC.... I want a 1080 right now!

Same.

Currently running it at 1920x1200 (which is below my native res of 2560x1600) with literally every setting on low.

Normally sits around 40-60, but some of the outside areas see it drop down to the 20 range =[

Core i7 870 with 2GB GTX 670s in SLI will do that to you.

Can't wait for the 1070 and 1080s to come out.

Starting new playthrough of Witcher, I knew you met his before but I totally forgot he was the first dude you talk to. (Heart of Stone related) Doh.
Gahhhhh... DOOM is so ugly (and not perfectly smooth) on my PC.... I want a 1080 right now!
Anything you post now will be filtered in Alex's voice.
image.php

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/632196204558815232

I have Giantbomb and assorted video content in a separate window. Podcasts are saved for fitness stuff, although I pause for heavy weights after learning the hard way about abrupt laughing. Nice system seeing as how when I gather a backlog, I know I've been lazy. And conversely, when I have to put on a Danswers, I know it's been a productive week...Just realized I haven't listened to Danswers in 2016 yet.

Also, GBEast Mailbag is great.

justjim89

Giant Bomb #23 - We All Love Brad Because Brad is Such an Awesome Guy Go Brad

I feel bad Brad only pops in when people are being negative about him.

TraBuch

Banned
Just downloaded all the free episodes of Hardcore History and am eager to check them out. Have heard nothing but great things.

Meneses

Well, on the one hand that is kinda on them, for mostly showing up at those times, but on the other I get it, because if the thread is saying "Brad and Dan were hilarious" or "Man, this Quick Look is awesome" it's probably awkward for them to pop in and say "yeah, we're really funny" or "thanks!" after every good comment.

In general it's easier to respond to something that actually elicits a response or creates the possibility of a back and forth (like generally happens with criticism). I think it also depends on how that criticism is conveyed and how unfair it sounds.

It is cool when they drop by in good spirits (Dan and Austin do that sometimes) but I mean, this thread shifts so much and is hard to follow even for us, let alone GB guys who maybe look at this from time to time.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
WE LOVE YOU BRAD! DON'T BE MAD AT US!

For real tho, I'd be interested in what a "day in the life" of everyone at the site is. Even the boring ass stuff, like "I sit in meetings" or biz dev or whatever. Dave Lang makes that boring stuff interesting in Team GFB Radio, I'm sure the GB crew could do better since they are actually much more likable and entertaining.

Whiplash as Doom's campaign goes from my biggest pleasant surprise in gaming in... probably ever, followed up by crushing disappointment in SnapMap.

Tubobutts

I also usually watch GB stuff while doing other things. Like podcasts while exercising and videos while sitting quietly waiting to die.

Anjin M

Giant Bomb #23 | Wine 'em, dine 'em, circumcise 'em

This is automatically candidate one for the next thread. Combination titles are the best.

I love this thread. I love that the GB crew occasionally pops in to say Hi. This thread is why I joined NeoGAF. But that fact that it can be so shitty frustrates me to no end.

It's great. The massive Khan series is my favorite, though I'm not sure if that's free anymore.

I'm glad Prophets of Doom is still free. That's an amazing episode. My favorite series is probably Death Throes of the Republic. I would say it's well worth the ten dollars when you run out of free stuff. Ghosts of the Ostfront is also amazing.

It kind of makes me sad to see that people think Homefront invented the term "Norks". That term has been around since the Korean War. I guess it is called "the forgotten war" for a reason

Joeku

It kind of makes me sad to see that people think Homefront invented the term "Norks". That term has been around since the Korean War. I guess it is called "the forgotten war" for a reason

If I didn't hear it in M*A*S*H*, it didn't happen during the Korean War. Checkmate, atheists.

repeater

What the hell happened here while I was asleep?

Chaos has been allowed to reign free for too long. We need to right the ship.
Myggen, deploy the crazyjeffstare.jpg avatar.

Peru

As someone who just pops into this thread now and then mostly to lurk I have to say that to people outside of this community it seems like a place of constant complaining. For the GB dudes it would probably feel a little absurd to read. I don't think most of these complaints would have even entered my mind if I hadn't checked this thread - and one should perhaps reflect and think about how 'healthy' it is for your enjoyment of something to always be looking for faults. I consume GB content every day and feel like it's packed with stuff to watch compared to other video game sites. Of course it's not flawless, and you should voice your honest opinions, but when 80% of your fan thread consists of pointing out flaws..

kiguel182

I go away to sleep and both Vinny and Brad post here. Damn you time zones.

Also, I don't want to dig this back up, but I feel the need to say that when I asked what their day to day work life was it wasn't because I thought they didn't do anything. I am just curious about that stuff. I'm sure they all work plenty so I didn't mean it as an offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom