• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Are they legally bound to play it if it's an UPF segment or else they are fired? This is important.

Perfect opportunity to find out! Do it Dan!

Austin on the Beastcast: "Games Workshop is bad!"

Truer words have never been spoken. Fuck their model business.

popo

And still people do it. Why? To "troll" a staff member of the site which this is supposed to be a fan thread of?
Nah, it was a fair reply, and a pretty good burn, by Brad. I had moved in to trolling territory by the end there. Not really directly at Brad but certainly trying to provoke those I felt were being overly defensive. Sometimes it is easy to forget that you are talking about real people who sometimes read the thread.

In my defence, 90% of my arguments were for better management and efficiency. I never seriously questioned anyone's work ethic but yeah, by the end it had devolved in to forum drama and wasn't a good look.

As someone who just pops into this thread now and then mostly to lurk I have to say that to people outside of this community it seems like a place of constant complaining. For the GB dudes it would probably feel a little absurd to read. I don't think most of these complaints would have even entered my mind if I hadn't checked this thread - and one should perhaps reflect and think about how 'healthy' it is for your enjoyment of something to always be looking for faults. I consume GB content every day and feel like it's packed with stuff to watch compared to other video game sites. Of course it's not flawless, and you should voice your honest opinions, but when 80% of your fan thread consists of pointing out flaws..

Do you support any sports teams?

Haven't they literally rebranded the stores to Warhammer?

I have seen some US stores rebranded but it doesn't seem to be a company thing. Maybe it is a franchise deal.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
what are ian livingstone and steve jackson up to these days anyway.

Jintor

yeah odd, that

one of austin's funniest tiny jokes I like is how he refers to people as '[adjective] boys', like sniper boys, or rude boys

Myggen

All these complaints for homefront honestly sound like it could be applied to far cry as well.

Sounds more like Homefront executes the "Far Cry elements" much worse than Far Cry 3 and 4, and isn't nearly as fun to play. That makes the repetitive and bad aspects of that formula stand out a lot more.

Wunder

yeah odd, that

one of austin's funniest tiny jokes I like is how he refers to people as '[adjective] boys', like sniper boys, or rude boys

I find that unsettling/creepy and funny at the same time. I think it threads a thin line but I'm glad Austin isn't throwing it out there every 5 seconds

just saying that twitch chat is generally shitty so it wouldn't be something I'd want to emulate

just saying the internet is generally shitty so it wouldn't be something I'd want to be emulate
(Do you see how silly it is to equate one thing as being as bad as everything else)

like do you know how many 4chan memes are used, and 4chan is worse than twitch easily.

Zaph

Not really just a twitch thing, it's current slang that's filtered down, like fuckboys and memes like dat boi.

It's kinda funny how, for as racist as gamers/twitch can be, half their memes have originated from places like black twitter.

Houndi101

Can anyone from this trusted community comment on Player 1 Podcast? Should I give it a swirl to fill my weekly quota of video game related podcasts?

Myggen

Can anyone from this trusted community comment on Player 1 Podcast? Should I give it a swirl to fill my weekly quota of video game related podcasts?

It's alright, but the flow of it (and audio quality) can be bad due to it being a Skype podcast. I'd recommend giving it a go.

I have found that GB's audio quality has really spoiled me. It's harder and harder for me to listen to podcasts with really shitty audio quality, like The Super Best Friends Cast.

demidar

I liked it, but then Mike left and it dropped in priority for me and I eventually just dropped the entire show.

You should give it a shot though.

whenever I see "fuckboi" I just imagine it being sung to the tune of that Fat Boys song

just saying the internet is generally shitty so it wouldn't be something I'd want to be emulate
(Do you see how silly it is to equate one thing as being as bad as everything else)

like do you know how many 4chan memes are used, and 4chan is worse than twitch easily.

I'm probably harder on Twitch because I don't really find anything from them funny

For what? The fundamental problem of SnapMap is that even the SP and Co-op maps have to work within the confines of the multiplayer. If they actually gave you the weapon wheel and all the SP abilities it would be amazing.

Apparently people have already scripted ways to bypass the weapon limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom