• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

So Oculus is turning VR into a full-on format war, huh? It's not a surprise at all, but it's pretty hypocritical given all the lip service they paid to a format war being bad for VR.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like it's more that the vive and psvr had put them in the middle of the pack, which is not a good position for them because their pricing is closer to the top of the pack.

Don't think it's going to work out for them though. They are competing against 2 very established competitors, even though they are competing in a very new space.

UPF worth a watch this week?
Also, Bloodlines is good it just pales in comparison to the best traditional Castlevania, Rondo of Blood.

Yup, SOTN is going to be great because it is the evolution of that game.

Hah, I was mostly exaggerating, but I seriously thought this series might last 4 games, including the DS games.

I knew you were however, this is just the dracula in me of wanting more Castlevania. Shame it's in the hands of Konami. On the other hand though we're getting Bloodstained from Koji Igarashi so, I can't complain.

yami4ct

I think Vive can survive being so stupidly high price because it's got the full power of Vavle behind it. Facebook doesn't necessarily reach the kinds of high end consumers that are going to buy first gen VR. Even though they are freaking huge, the audience has more crossover with Valve. It also doesn't help that the Vive looks way more fully featured than the Rift at launch.

LiK

Bloodlines has such horrendous music. Can't wait for them to beat it and move onto SOTN. the game isn't that great and i can't even enjoy the music. thank gawd for good banter.

jaina

Hmm, seeing that it's been awhile using a nintendo thing, should I worry about transferring my NNID to the new nintendo account system or does it not matter?
The first time you need a Nintendo Account you log in using your NNID, and done. I doubt that "transfer" mechanism will stop working in the next few years, because you still use the NNID login credentials for the Nintendo Account.

Trying to get anything bigger than 10 meg off this site is a massive pain in the ass, Constantly stops. Do I need the Tools?
I think the tools are just for doing your own mixlr captures.

Been busy this week and haven't kept up with the thread but did anyone else notice Jeff was only out for judges week for like 3 days. That seems much shorter then usual doesnt it?

Strax

Ok this is a French DEEP cut but one of the character's intro in that french Powerstone game uses a direct quote from Ordralfabétix, the fish vendor in the Asterix comic books which is one the most well know French comic book ever made.

It translate to "What do you mean by my fish is not fresh?" which is a running gag about him always selling old smelly fish.

Heh, I got that Deep cut

Houndi101

My reaction to Brad dying in the intro of Doom to the second mob was same as Jeffs. "Ha!"

He's still better than Simon from Yogscast who was just sniping everything with the pistol.

2016-05-2101_15_49-hiitr04.png

JHaFx2Z.gif

hwy_61

Banned
happy to see fobwashed in the flesh. he seems like a pleasant fella.

Finally, my 10 year gb plan has come to fruition~! >,<

Tried my best not to muck up UPF. Didn't go planning on being on the show but they were short some ppl and I sure as hell wasn't gonna turn down an invitation =]

btw, I was nervous af. Maybe after my trip I'll watch the vid and see how sweaty my palms were. Also, I had to pee like fucking crazy by the time we got to powerstone but I had no idea how to make an exit... or where the bathroom was even if I did...

to be fair to you, I think any of us would've been just as nervous.

Finally, my 10 year gb plan has come to fruition~! >,<

Tried my best not to muck up UPF. Didn't go planning on being on the show but they were short some ppl and I sure as hell wasn't gonna turn down an invitation =]

btw, I was nervous af. Maybe after my trip I'll watch the vid and see how sweaty my palms were. Also, I had to pee like fucking crazy by the time we got to powerstone but I had no idea how to make an exit... or where the bathroom was even if I did...

You just need to say "Jason, I'm going to hop up for sec".

repeater

Maaaaaaan, GBeast's improv game was on point for this Vinnyvania episode! So good!

Is there any way of watching Jeff M. Bakalar presents CBS's Mega Meme Fridays™ if you missed it live? Anyone capture it?

Bloodlines is one of my least favourite Castlevania games to be honest. I love SOTN but not really sure how interesting that style of Castlevania will be to watch. Adventure ReBirth on the Wii was a pretty good classic style game, wouldn't mind seeing that.

skynidas

Banned
oh, so Alex is one of those assholes that doesn't understand that you exit the plane from front to back, and cutting in front of other people to save 3 seconds is a dick move.

Dan, come on, I know the dumb regular guy thing is your shtick but you must know how gas exchange happens. Those giant things called your lungs?

i'm actually having a little moment here listening to that

e: "plants give out nitrogen" asdfjhfg

pizzacat

Banned
Congrats to east for a years worth of podcasts

That's like a whole years worth of bad last name jokes (do they even make them or is that just a listener thing?)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Amen to that, even the music in Bloodlines is pretty sub-par.

what the fuck am I reading. Bloodlines has the BEST soundtrack in the series! I'm actually angry. I'm typing this in an extremely angry voice. Go listen to this.

The arrangement of Bloodlines' OST is just so amazing to me. It nails that baroque, yet catchy, yet intricate mix so well. The bass lines in Sinking Old Sanctuary and Reincarnated Soul are just insane. I could rap about this soundtrack for hours. Calling From Heaven! Reincarnated Soul! Iron Blue Intention! Dope-ass Simon's Theme remix!

Dan is only human. You can't expect to hold every moment of every professional wrestling match, promo and story from all history and expect to retain much more. He always asks the questions so at some point he's heard this all before but with each episode of RAW, something has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom