• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Ok this is a French DEEP cut but one of the character's intro in that french Powerstone game uses a direct quote from Ordralfabétix, the fish vendor in the Asterix comic books which is one the most well know French comic book ever made.

20160402-142726.jpg

It translate to "What do you mean by my fish is not fresh?" which is a running gag about him always selling old smelly fish.

Meneses

SotN is my favorite but i'm not sure how well it will translate to VinnyVania, being a more open and slow paced kind of game.

yami4ct

Steel book, artbook, all the fates editions on one cart, some map.

Mostly got it for all the fates on one cart.

You guys got a steel book? Why is it that europe seems to be the only place that gives those regularly? I guess the 3DS pouch we got was pretty nice.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm scrolling through my Steam Library looking for a specific game (I remember the game but can't remember the title) and holy shit there's so many games in there that I have no idea what they are or how I got them lol

Edit: It was Warlock: Master of the Arcane

sixghost

I'm sure somebody has mentioned this already, but did anyone else see the NPC zoom into their set places at 5:06 in the Homefront quicklook? That was some Elder Scrolls type shit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, seeing that it's been awhile using a nintendo thing, should I worry about transferring my NNID to the new nintendo account system or does it not matter?

Meneses

Finished Doom.

Neat game, got a bit old halfway through but I think I enjoyed it.

Still, it was nice to see the return of big non-corridor-like levels where you actually need to use the map.

Catching up on some backlog videos, finally got around to watching Mario Party Party 5 (the live one in Seattle)

Holy shit. What an ending.

bigtimebakalar1gulu.png

he's too big for giant bomb now

200.gif

I hope not. Castlevania Chronicles should really be next.

Dang, forgot all about that one. Well, more Castlevania is a good thing for me but I can't wait till they reach SOTN. It's the evolution of Rondo of Blood.

---

VinnyVania: Bloodlines - Part 01

Giant Bomb's at it again, only this time we've got limited continues and unlimited ridiculous bosses.

---

VsgDy8s.png

Had a busy day so I'm hoping to catch up later with UPF and VinnyVania. Good to see our boy Fobwashed there! Was hoping he'd try to visit since he was in SF.

Tubobutts

There's something really funny about only being able to see the top of Dan's head from behind the monitor as he asks dumb questions.

Max Payne 2 is a fantastic game but the feeling of combat in 3 is just unbeatable. I also think the setting is more interesting in 3 over another snowy NYC. Max is a stranger in a place he doesn't know and isn't comfortable in. It's such a great choice for a dirty crime noire story.

I guess it's that time again where we talk about MP3, count me in the it's a fantastic game camp and I loved it so much that I finished it on New York Minute Hardcore mode. Also, that soundtrack. Played it on 360 which most deemed it to have shitty controls but they didn't bother me.

zaSu37g.png

Fobwashed

Remember when people in this thread used to complain that fobwashed was just attention seeking when he'd post about the giant bomb guys responding to his tweets, and now he's on the set.

Finally, my 10 year gb plan has come to fruition~! >,<

Tried my best not to muck up UPF. Didn't go planning on being on the show but they were short some ppl and I sure as hell wasn't gonna turn down an invitation =]

btw, I was nervous af. Maybe after my trip I'll watch the vid and see how sweaty my palms were. Also, I had to pee like fucking crazy by the time we got to powerstone but I had no idea how to make an exit... or where the bathroom was even if I did...

yami4ct

Man, Castlevania Bloodlines looks terrible. Not just graphically, but everything about that game seems off or phoned in. Glad I don't have to play that thing. The limited continue thing is gonna be a mess probably as well.

Tried my best not to muck up UPF. Didn't go planning on being on the show but they were short some ppl and I sure as hell wasn't gonna turn down an invitation =]

btw, I was nervous af. Maybe after my trip I'll watch the vid and see how sweaty my palms were. Also, I had to pee like fucking crazy by the time we got to powerstone but I had no idea how to make an exit... or where the bathroom was even if I did...

You did good! It's always nice to have new people in the mix.

Hey, anyone who has the chance to visit and had lightning speed gif skillsets I'm sure wouldn't say no(unless he/she's too nervous for it then I'd understand). Heck, as a guy who's following the crew ever since "On The Spot" days, I wouldn't say no even if people shitted on me for being there because who cares after having the chance of being between wonderful people who got me through shit in my personal life.

mintyice

What does Jeff smell like? But man, congrats on a dream come true! I'm jealous.

LiK

I haven't watched it yet but I will be on the look out for gif material from your face!

I could tell you were nervous :p still though that was decent! Grats dude! Must've felt awesome being with the GB dudes.

Lijik

You did great! The story about your nephew being a lego game savant was fun to listen to

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know I don't think I realised just how many castlevania games there are.

Was castlevania the Madden of its time?

Meguro

Banned
UPF worth a watch this week?
Also, Bloodlines is good it just pales in comparison to the best traditional Castlevania, Rondo of Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom