• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

That Film and 40's was really good, although Dan was getting annoying towards the end with how thick he was laying it on. "This is the best 30 minutes in any movie. Every movie should end like this." Like, sure it's a fun tightly-paced little action movie, but nothing really blew me away. He was getting way too excited at the end about those shots of bare-chested Arnold shooting the machine gun.

That Film and 40's was really good, although Dan was getting annoying towards the end with how thick he was laying it on. "This is the best 30 minutes in any movie. Every movie should end like this." Like, sure it's a fun tightly-paced little action movie, but nothing really blew me away. He was getting way to excited at the end about those shots of bare-chested Arnold shooting the machine gun.

It's true though, those last 30 minutes are golden from the moment Arnold arrives at shore it's like "GOD MODE ACTIVATED" It's insane and over the top in all the right ways.

That Gundam code dump had THEN IF= HENTAI in it.

Indeed:

Vsqn8hO.jpg

justjim89

It's true though, those last 30 minutes are golden from the moment Arnold arrives at shore it's like "GOD MODE ACTIVATED" It's insane and over the top in all the right ways.

It was good, yeah. I guess just straight up kinda generic action stuff has never done it for me. So it's my bias.

Megasoum

Banned
Listening to the Beastcast short discussion about Fallout 4 mods stuff and I just realized that this means we will probably get a good UI that will completely replace the fucking terrible Pipboy UI...

SkyUI was a GAME CHANGER on Skyrim... That UI is soooooo fucking good and 100x better than the default Skyrim UI.

If I get a good inventory UI I might actually continue playing that game now...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man I still need to play both of those. Should put some time aside this week or something

To be fair, neither's complete yet so there's no harm in waiting. I will say King's Quest is the 'safer' bet. It's extremely well made, probably the most well made episodic adventure game I've ever played. B&B is a lot rougher, but that's part of its charm?

Did they intentionally plan their release of a look at a snooker game on the day of the snooker World Championship Final?

It's a weird situation where we've had no Old Games Show for a while then two offsite Old Games Shows in 2 days.

Rainmaker

Banned
Did they intentionally plan their release of a look at a snooker game on the day of the snooker World Championship Final?

It's a weird situation where we've had no Old Games Show for a while then two offsite Old Games Shows in 2 days.

I'm sure they planned that. Jeff has always had a respect for snooker.

Saw it last night too. For better or worse, it felt like a very good K&P sketch stretched over 100 min. It probably would have been better off cutting out 15 min or so, I felt there were a few too many lulls, but I enjoyed it.

The last comedy that I felt was as close to perfect as possible (meaning good pacing, no added fat, and doesn't lose steam in the third act) was What We Do in the Shadows.

Yeah, that's how I felt about it too. Very clearly a feature film by two guys who specialize in sketch comedy. Still enjoyed it and even a mediocre Key & Peele are better than 90% of anything else out there.

(And I totally agree with you on What We Do In The Shadows. Amazing movie.)

The Marine 1, 12 Rounds 1 and that Battle Royal Knock off with Stone Cold and Vinny Jones are actually pretty great dumb action movies.

Everything after that WWE Films went full Made for SciFi / straight to DVD quality and everything became a mess.

Strax

The Marine 1, 12 Rounds 1 and that Battle Royal Knock off with Stone Cold and Vinny Jones are actually pretty great dumb action movies.

Everything after that WWE Films went full Made for SciFi / straight to DVD quality and everything became a mess.

Dead Man Down is by far the best WWE film since Walking Tall

Can't QL it, but maybe one of them (Dan? Austin? Alex?) could play and give impressions.
It definitely sucks that they can't do a QL. I seem to remember Alex liking Guacamelee so hopefully that means he'll check out Severed and is able to bring it up on the Beastcast or something.
Yes it is. Doesn't overstay its welcome either.

Yeah, I was worried it would drag on but it's the perfect length and they do a good job with rolling out new abilities, enemies and mechanics to keep things fresh.

eABSCxR.png

this continues to be one of my favorite "Jeff opinions" because I feel like most people who weren't children when it came out kind of agree, and crestfallen millenials are slowly coming around to the truth

Myggen

The performance of a lot of the games on the N64 is maybe the worst part about the system. Even some of the classic games has shitty framerate.

I got mine for christmas in 1996, got most of the good launch games (and Shadows of the Empire). and then spent most of 1997 wondering if I made the right choice

The spacing of games is completely irrelevant now.

doesn't change the fact that the system had a collection of "essential" games that barely makes it out of the single digits

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
eABSCxR.png

this continues to be one of my favorite "Jeff opinions" because I feel like most people who weren't children when it came out kind of agree, and crestfallen millenials are slowly coming around to the truth

Kind of like Giant Bomb and Super Mario Bros 2.

Because it's a terrible game but the crestfallen geezers won't admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom