• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Uncharted 4, but that game won't make their list.

Great to see Doom do so well. I don't think I'd love the game as much as Brad, but I do look forward to picking it up eventually.

I hope Uncharted doesn't even make the list. There's so many amazing games that came out and are coming out that aren't direct sequels. IMO I think Uncharted 4 is an ok game that will be forgotten by this time next year.

2853535-9194239202-doom_.jpg

I adore this picture, glad it was used for the review as it should.

yami4ct

Uncharted 4 is the Dark Souls 3 of Bloodborne.

Well, Dark Souls 3 blows Bloodborne out of the water. If you mean they are both games that absolutely deserve a good Top 10 argument, I'm with you.

Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, and Fire Emblem Conquest are all 5/5 games to me and easily my faves of the year so far. Fantastic year for games.

I hope Uncharted doesn't even make the list. There's so many amazing games that came out and are coming out that aren't direct sequels. IMO I think Uncharted 4 is an ok game that will be forgotten by this time next year.

I imagine it'll get another push at the end of this year or early next year when they do something with support for the new Playstation hardware.

StoveOven

Banned

I think it's easily the best Uncharted game and does a lot to differentiate itself while still staying true to the series and should get credit for bringing an ending to a successful franchise, but unless the rest of this year is a wash then there is no way that it makes the Giant Bomb list.

yami4ct

Out of curiosity, has a 5/5 game ever missed the list entirely? I very much expect UC4 to crack the top 10. I don't necessity think it'll hit Top 5, but it'll make top 10.

Uncharted 4 will be in my top 10 for sure because I love the characters and the game added some depth to them that I really liked. It's weird that I find myself talking more about the quiet moments in that game rather than the setpieces.

It's been a damn good year for games so far.

I imagine it'll get another push at the end of this year or early next year when they do something with support for the new Playstation hardware.

I imagine they'll definitely use UC4 to push Neo..

I think it's easily the best Uncharted game and does a lot to differentiate itself while still staying true to the series and should get credit for bringing an ending to a successful franchise, but unless the rest of this year is a wash then there is no way that it makes the Giant Bomb list.

Sure, and it deserves credit for that.

oti

Banned
We already know which game will be #1. It's
Pokémon Sun Owl is just too kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii desu ne

yami4ct

Axiom Verge

Wasn't Jeff the only one who liked Axiom Verge? There are multiple people who've played and definitely really liked UC4. Jeff is a power player and doesn't like it, but I doubt he'll fight to keep it out of the top 10 entirely.

Point taken, though.

StoveOven

Banned
Out of curiosity, has a 5/5 game ever missed the list entirely? I very much expect UC4 to crack the top 10. I don't necessity think it'll hit Top 5, but it'll make top 10.

Looking at the reviews section on the site, Axiom Verge is the only one in the last two years, but it has happened plenty of times in the past. MK9, Mario 3D World, and Uncharted 3 are just a few notable ones.

If Rise of the Tomb Raider was still in contention it would get put above Uncharted 4. Brad would filibuster until it was so.

And I'd be with him.

Well, Dark Souls 3 blows Bloodborne out of the water. If you mean they are both games that absolutely deserve a good Top 10 argument, I'm with you.

Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, and Fire Emblem Conquest are all 5/5 games to me and easily my faves of the year so far. Fantastic year for games.

DS3 is kind of a baby game (for a souls game at least) so it'll probably get on the list since more people will be able to finish it.

One Piece Burning Blood still has to come out. Don't count your chickens yet.

Burning Blood sucks.

yami4ct

Uncharted 4 will be in my top 10 for sure because I love the characters and the game added some depth to them that I really liked. It's weird that I find myself talking more about the quiet moments in that game rather than the setpieces.

It's been a damn good year for games so far.

It's been an amazing year for games. Looking at what's coming out:

Dark Souls 3, Fire Emblem Fates, Uncharted 4, Ace Attorney 6, Zero Time Dilemma, Persona 5, SMT IV Apocalypse, Trails of Cold Steel II, Monster Hunter Generations, Final Fantasy XV, Root Double, and Pokemon Sun and Moon all have a real shot of hitting my top 10.

That doesn't even count games I'm not planning to play but might try and love like Yokai Watch 2, DOOM, any surprise localizations and indie releases I'm not expecting.

DS3 is kind of a baby game (for a souls game at least) so it'll probably get on the list since more people will be able to finish it.

Bloodborne is way, way, way more forgiving than Dark Souls 3. That's kind of the whole problem with that game. If anything's a 'baby game', it's Bloodborne.

Meneses

I was actually only making a joke about it, but yeah, they are games that deserve a top 10.

As of right now, Hitman, Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 are my top 3 and I think it will be pretty much set in stone. Only games that I envision shaking things up for me would be Final Fantasy XV and Persona 5 if it comes out this year
lol

Then there's The Witness and Stardew Valley which I also liked a lot.

I didn't think Doom would make my top 10 but I guess it might by default, since I don't seem to have 10 other games I actually like lol

Of course, there will always be surprises throughout the year.

yami4ct

Yes yes yes, we all know how much you hate Bloodborne. Doesn't change the fact that it's the best game ever made.

I don't hate Bloodborne. It's a very fun action game!

I just am opposed to calling DS3 a 'baby game' of Souls, because the franchise has already had far easier entries.

Bloodborne is way, way, way more forgiving than Dark Souls 3. That's kind of the whole problem with that game. If anything's a 'baby game', it's Bloodborne.

I beat almost every DS3 boss by hiding behind a shield, circling around, and hitting them in the butt a lot. Even the alleged hardest bosses took me either one or two tries with that method.

yami4ct

DS3 is easier overall than DS1 (Though DS3 has some really tough optional bosses that are tougher than most of DS1). It's a harder game than DS2 and Bloodborne, though. Those games are too easy on the player.

Dark Souls 2 tried to be harder on the player with some harsh mechanics like breaking chests and health going down on death, but it was too easy in bosses where it mattered.

yami4ct

I beat almost every DS3 boss by hiding behind a shield, circling around, and hitting them in the butt a lot. Even the alleged hardest bosses took me either one or two tries with that method.

I basically 1-shotted nearly every boss in Bloodborne. Gascoigne, the First Hunter and Ebrietas are the only ones that provide any challenge due to how forgiving that game's systems are.

Dark Souls 3 has numerous bosses that are balanced super well and are really fun. The Dancer, Watchers of the Abyss, Pontiff, the Twins are all really interesting and fairly balanced fights. The Nameless King is also way more interesting and fun than anything in vanilla BB.

Maybe it's because I played pure pyro, but DS3 is the far more interesting balanced game.

I basically 1-shotted nearly every boss in Bloodborne. Gascoigne, the First Hunter and Ebrietas are the only ones that provide any challenge due to how forgiving that game's systems are.

Dark Souls 3 has numerous bosses that are balanced super well and are really fun. The Dancer, Watchers of the Abyss, Pontiff, the Twins are all really interesting and fairly balanced fights. The Nameless King is also way more interesting and fun than anything in vanilla BB.

Maybe it's because I played pure pyro, but DS3 is the far more interesting balanced game.

I beat Dancer and Pontiff on my first try by circling around then. Twins and Nameless King only took me two tries each with that strategy. Nameless King in particular is supremely pathetic. Tons of openings if you can eat a bit of lightning damage. I guess it looks cool. Maybe you should stop screwing around with that fire crap and pick up a goddamn sword and shield. Twins is a good execution of a good idea, but he's so slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom