• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that's a phrase I haven't heard in quite some time. Around when folks played Spec Ops The Line, several months after its release.

There has a good 2 years maybe last gen when it was the easy thing to write about to sound smart so it was tossed around a bunch.

Then when the next gen jump I dunno what happened. Maybe during that whole DRM fight where some sites spent half their days defending it they forgot the fun of the "Is the player character the real monster?" article.

Megasoum

Banned
Because of all the DOOM hype I am actually re-installing RAGE....

I actually really love that game and 100% it when it came out.

I would rather play DOOM but I have to run it on medium with no AA to get mostly 60fps so that sucks and I know I'll be buying a new card when the 1080 or 1070 comes out so I'm trying to wait.

Let's go for another RAGE playthough!

yami4ct

The latest crop of VR games look real, real bad. Somehow, shit ha gotten worse since launch.

Only legitimately cool things were Please Don't Touch Anything and VR Anime lady. Hitman Go looks well made, but a fundamentally terrible way to play that game.

Seeing Jeff baseball throw a strike in that bowling game was pretty hilarious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The great thing about calling VR the future is that the future is a nebulous term. It'll be the future! ....Some day! Like maybe after I'm dead?

yami4ct

The great thing about calling VR the future is that the future is a nebulous term. It'll be the future! ....Some day! Like maybe after I'm dead?

It'll be the future once we can put it in some contact lenses and have something that can simulate tactile senses like texture and weight.

So, like 20+ years from now if we make it that long as a species.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
20+ years is still pretty alright for me.

I'll settle for when we get to the size of glasses because I cannot stand contacts. People who wear contacts must have severed the nerves in their face to stand them.

Plus if hololens is at the stage it is already I predict that it'll take significantly less than 20 years to get there.

yami4ct

20+ years is still pretty alright for me.

I'll settle for when we get to the size of glasses because I cannot stand contacts. People who wear contacts must have severed the nerves in their face to stand them.

Plus if hololens is at the stage it is already I predict that it'll take significantly less than 20 years to get there.

I actually can barely wear glasses anymore. Maybe I have sensitive skin, but every pair of glasses I've had chafe the shit out of the bridge of my nose. Even when they're supposedly correctly adjusted. Contacts were a godsend.

Antiwhippy

I actually can barely wear glasses anymore. Maybe I have sensitive skin, but every pair of glasses I've had chafe the shit out of the bridge of my nose. Even when they're supposedly correctly adjusted. Contacts were a godsend.

See, I use to have that problem with wireframes, like they would actually leave indents in my nose, but I've switched to those black, thick framed glasses and they are super comfy.

Too bad hipsters gave them a bad rep but they genuinely provide an upgrade in comforts and looks for me.

Tubobutts

I don't like contacts or glasses so I only wear my glasses when legally required to. Other times I just assume there's nothing worth seeing.

yami4ct

See, I use to have that problem with wireframes, like they would actually leave indents in my nose, but I've switched to those black, thick framed glasses and they are super comfy.

Too bad hipsters gave them a bad rep but they genuinely provide an upgrade in comforts and looks for me.

I'll consider that if I ever get a new set of glasses. I have some for backup, but I don't use them regularly.

My other main problem is glasses always make me look like a dope. I'm glad I'm comfortable in contacts. They've just been a far more enjoyable experience.

Jintor

i can't jam contacts into my eye. just can't.

not like don't want to. can't. they don't stick, they fall out every time

Megasoum

Banned
I got Lasik surgery last december and this was one of the best decision I took in my life.

It's so fucking great to not having to wear glasses anymore... Especially when going to the gym.

It's magical after having glasses for the last 25 years.

Antiwhippy

I'm so used to glasses now that I think that I look weird without glasses.

BTW, any news of preload for overwatch on battle.net? Just bought it.

santeesioux

I have an eye condition so I have to wear those hard contacts that you use the plunger to stick them in. They're actually a lot better than soft ones and don't come out of my eyes easily. I just have a cheap pair of Coastal glasses for right before I go to bed.

I'd totally get laser eyes if I could though.

hamchan

I'm so used to glasses now that I think that I look weird without glasses.

BTW, any news of preload for overwatch on battle.net? Just bought it.

I think Overwatch has been completely downloadable since the beta.

VRodeo 2 was hilarious. This Second Life like VR game is amazing.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, just got to that point. :p

Also why does blizzard think that australia is in the americas?

First we take the asia cup, then we take eurovision, and now we take overwatch.

yami4ct

So many people anti contacts in here.

It's great. Most of the time, I feel like I'm wearing nothing. It's like having LASIK without having scary lasers shot at my eyes. Sure, occasionally I let a pair get too old before switching out and they get dry and scratchy, but that's an easily remedied issue.

Megasoum

Banned

VRodeo 2 was hilarious. This Second Life like VR game is amazing.

Yeah I still have it installed since the beta so I assume it will just update on day 1.

Also it's a pretty small download overall which is great.

santeesioux

So many people anti contacts in here.

It's great. Most of the time, I feel like I'm wearing nothing. It's like having LASIK without having scary lasers shot at my eyes. Sure, occasionally I let a pair get too old before switching out and they get dry and scratchy, but that's an easily remedied issue.

After you get used to them it's like they're not even there, such a pain in the ass to get in and out though.

#teamglasses

77wPdap.gif

Houndi101

I really wanna play Doom like right now... but TW: Warhammer is coming tuesday...
Then again they would be pleasantly different experiences...

Edit. Bought it

yami4ct

After you get used to them it's like they're not even there, such a pain in the ass to get in and out though.

It's not even a pain in the ass for me to take them in and out anymore since I'm so used to them. I can understand that part never getting better if you have to use the rigid kind, though.

It's so easy for me and they're so breathable that I can wear them all day before I even get a hint of dry eye.

santeesioux

I can understand that part never getting better if you have to use the rigid kind, though.

That's the downfall of them not coming out easily during the day, they're harder to get out when you do want them to come out. I have to stick the plunger on it and pull it out.

The payoff is ultimately worth it though, because I can't see worth shit with my right eye without it, but with it in it's almost 20/20, no blurriness at all. Can't say that with glasses.

yami4ct

I accidentally turned on DBZ. I've barely watched any of it, yet I've absorbed enough through osmosis to know what's going on. Thanks Vinny? I think.

'Hyperbolic Time Chamber' is the best stupid dumb term imaginable.

Zero content on the schedule, what has this website become? #MakeGiantBombGreatAgain.

#NotDisShitAgain
#E3isComing
#PeopleBeBusy
#CrewIsn'tThatBig
#MoreShitWillShowUpSoon

Video Game I bought
Ori DF: Time to play again and beat for third time. At least there is new stuff to check out, as well as backtracking.

I really wanna play Doom like right now... but TW: Warhammer is coming tuesday...
Then again they would be pleasantly different experiences...

Edit. Bought it

Good choice.

Antiwhippy

The hell? Does everyone in this topic have shitty vision or something?

If I remember right the rough estimate of people with 20/20 vision in the world is around 30%. You're more likely to have less than optimal eyesight than not.

I mean I can do just fine without glasses but I want the world to look crisp.

This year has been S+ for video games so far

witness
overwatch
doom
dark souls 3
enter the gungeon
hitman

And then we have no mans sky coming up

So much good

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If I remember right the rough estimate of people with 20/20 vision in the world is around 30%. You're more likely to have less than optimal eyesight than not.

I mean I can do just fine without glasses but I want the world to look crisp.

Any studies done on the number of people who ruined their own vision by trying to gain super powers from glasses? Statistically it couldn't possibly be just Dan right?

Any studies done on the number of people who ruined their own vision by trying to gain super powers from glasses? Statistically it couldn't possibly be just Dan right?

I remember when I was a kid I thought glasses were cool for some reason so I asked to get my eyes checked

joke was on me, my eyes were fucked

#teamastigmatism

I dont think I could wear contacts even if I wanted.

you could, just like I could, but they're expensive and uncomfortable

yami4ct

My vision is comparatively not that abysmal, -2.75, but I still can't see shit without my contacts. I can't really imagine people with worse vision.

I also have zero clue how I got by in elementary/early middle school before we knew I needed glasses.

This year has been S+ for video games so far

witness
overwatch
doom
dark souls 3
enter the gungeon
hitman

And then we have no mans sky coming up

So much good

I have a feeling No Man's Sky is going to end up on a lot of 'most disappointing' lists. The GB crew seem to have good expectations of what it's going to be, but I've got a feeling most feeling are going to find it slow and boring.

That game is really cool tech wise, but I have zero interest in actually playing it. Hopefully it's good for the people who like that kinda thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom