• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Holy shit. Like half of the beginning of a fight happened in that DBZ episode. Some dudes talked and said really nothing and then they yelled and punched each other twice.

How did people like Vinny watch something this badly paced week to week. The content was kinda ok, but man nothing happen. That was One Piece anime levels of bad pacing.

I guess I've been spoiled by action anime with good pacing like Jojo's, Hunter x Hunter and YuYu.

Houndi101

Holy shit. Like half of the beginning of a fight happened in that DBZ episode. Some dudes talked and said really nothing and then they yelled and punched each other twice.

How did people like Vinny watch something this badly paced week to week. The content was kinda ok, but man nothing happen. That was One Piece anime levels of bad pacing.

I guess I've been spoiled by action anime with good pacing like Jojo's, Hunter x Hunter and YuYu.

It honestly is Bold and the beautiful the anime
Miss 3 episodes? Who cares they're still powering up

yami4ct

Why do these people let the folks they're fighting power up for 5 minutes? Is it a false sense of chivalry? Even the villains do it. Seems to be a bad move when literally the whole world is at stake in this fight. Screw your pride, go up and punch that dude!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

When I watched it as a kid, they were still in the process of translating the show into English. Along with rights jumping from one company to another. On more than one (...more than five...) occasion, I watched an entire story arc only to get thrown all the way back to the start of the series during a powerup because they didn't have any more episodes ready.

There's one stretch of 10 or so episodes that take place over the course of 5 minutes. It must have taken a year to get through those five minutes.

Houndi101

Has anyone seen any mentions of people getting Motion Sickness from Doom 2016?
Sort of worried since Doom and Quake games have always done it to me...

I have a feeling No Man's Sky is going to end up on a lot of 'most disappointing' lists. The GB crew seem to have good expectations of what it's going to be, but I've got a feeling most feeling are going to find it slow and boring.

That game is really cool tech wise, but I have zero interest in actually playing it. Hopefully it's good for the people who like that kinda thing!

IMO I think what makes is great is compared to say, Minecraft(Which is about exploring more or less as well) is the lack of building. Like, yeah you can build ships, suits, and guns, but there's something about being able to travel between existing worlds, collecting what is is essentially loot, and blasting alien baddies.

And it seems like the perfect experience to just turn on a movie or poddy and mellow out.

Houndi101

I wonder if Frank and Charlies apartment is in Homefront?

Always-Sunny-Frank-Retires-01-1024x683.jpg

yami4ct

IMO I think what makes is great is compared to say, Minecraft(Which is about exploring more or less as well) is the lack of building. Like, yeah you can build ships, suits, and guns, but there's something about being able to travel between existing worlds, collecting what is is essentially loot, and blasting alien baddies.

And it seems like the perfect experience to just turn on a movie or poddy and mellow out.

I think when people see how exploration focused it is, they are going to get real, real bored. Most of the people I've seen that have expectations other than having fun planet hopping have absolutely absurd expectations. Those people are certainly going to walk away think it's terrible, even though it was kinda their fault for expecting that game to be something it was never attempting to.

MG310

It took so long for Goku to make his way through Snake Way.

I saw so much of Goku either running on Snake Way or training at 100x Gravity on his way to Namek when it was on at 6:30 AM.

I don't think he ever made it to Namek...it's been a long time but I swear it would always go back to the beginning right before he arrives.

yami4ct

Krillin and Tien were both clearly better than him. Bet Mr Satan and Videl would whoop his ass, too.

Tien has 3 eyes. He might not be monkey alien levels of power, but he's probably above a normal dude like Tien.

I have no clue why Krillin can do all his magic shit, though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I saw so much of Goku either running on Snake Way or training at 100x Gravity on his way to Namek when it was on at 6:30 AM.

Tune in next time for more: Waitin' for Goku, you chump. Hope you're glad you snuck downstairs and turned on the TV before your parents woke up to see people who aren't the main character doing things that aren't fighting.

Lijik

the snake way and early android arcs are burned in my memory, those were the go-to whenever networks had to stall and replay episodes

TraBuch

Banned
Tien has 3 eyes. He might not be monkey alien levels of power, but he's probably above a normal dude like Tien.

I have no clue why Krillin can do all his magic shit, though.
Master Roshi taught him when he was a kid. Another human that could beat Yamcha.

I think when people see how exploration focused it is, they are going to get real, real bored. Most of the people I've seen that have expectations other than having fun planet hopping have absolutely absurd expectations. Those people are certainly going to walk away think it's terrible, even though it was kinda their fault for expecting that game to be something it was never attempting to.

I think you're underestimating the strength of curiosity. No Mans Land has alot of things going for it, such as being casual while at the same time having potential to be deep for those who look for that.

I dunno, maybe I'm being optimistic, but there's something to it.

yami4ct

I think you're underestimating the strength of curiosity. No Mans Land has alot of things going for it, such as being casual while at the same time having potential to be deep for those who look for that.

I dunno, maybe I'm being optimistic, but there's something to it.

I think a good chunk of people who have proper expectations like you are going to really love it. I think it will likely nail the exploration part, as that's what it's going for.

I think a great many people have super unrealistic expectations, though, and they are going to be loud and vocal about how 'bad' it is. Review threads are going to be worse than Uncharted.

hamchan

I think a good chunk of people who have proper expectations like you are going to really love it. I think it will likely nail the exploration part, as that's what it's going for.

I think a great many people have super unrealistic expectations, though, and they are going to be loud and vocal about how 'bad' it is. Review threads are going to be worse than Uncharted.

I don't blame people for having unrealistic expectations considering how the developers have talked about their game and how they've never really tried to quash the rising expectations (because why would they when they're going to sell a ton of copies).

yami4ct

I don't blame people for having unrealistic expectations considering how the developers have talked about their game and how they've never really tried to quash the rising expectations (because why would they when they're going to sell a ton of copies).

I think it'll review decently well, but the user impressions are going to be a bigger bloodbath than we've seen in a while. Between stupid expectations and salt over the $60 price, it's going to get ugly.

Should be fun!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How has overwatch pub matches been for people in the beta?? Given that I had fun in battlefield and tf2 pub matches.

This year has been S+ for video games so far

witness
overwatch
doom
dark souls 3
enter the gungeon
hitman

And then we have no mans sky coming up

So much good

It's a bummer how in the midst of it all, it's quite possibly the worst year for Nintendo. Maybe the first year I don't buy a Nintendo game. In fairness it's the calm before the NX in March.

yami4ct

How has overwatch pub matches been for people? Given that I had fun in battlefield and tf2 pub matches.

Turn off the chat and you're fine. Also be prepared to adapt to different roles since no one else seems to be willing to move off their main, even if that means your team is all snipers.

It's a bummer how in the midst of it all, it's quite possibly the worst year for Nintendo. Maybe the first year I don't buy a Nintendo game. In fairness it's the calm before the NX in March.

Wii U has a shit lineup, but 3DS this year is amazing.

yami4ct

Fire emblem.

Style savvy.

That's about it.

NOTE: Not including you guys in Europe. Sorry!

3DS has

Fire Emblem
Zero Time Dilemma
Monster Hunter Generations
SMT IV:A
Ace Attorney 6
Pokemon
Dragon Quest VII and maybe VIII

ZTD is better on Vita, but still a hell of a year.

Jintor

splatoon was so good its greatness folds over into this year as well. *folds arms*

for reals though enjoying fates so far even though the story is B-tier delivery. lmao. I don't understand how it can be simultaneously good at high level and immediate level writing but the actual delivery/execution is still gaaaaarbage

yami4ct

splatoon was so good its greatness folds over into this year as well. *folds arms*

for reals though enjoying fates so far even though the story is B-tier delivery. lmao. I don't understand how it can be simultaneously good at high level and immediate level writing but the actual delivery/execution is still gaaaaarbage

The story has never been great, but it's particularly unmemorable in Fates. A shame, because the writer has wrote some pretty ok manga.

Which one have you played? Conquest is far worse than Birthright, but at least its possibly the best playing Fire Emblem ever.

And Splatoon is amazing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I nearly died in dark souls 3
from that fucking arrow rain spell after defeating aldrich.

I would have been so pissed.

witness
overwatch
doom
dark souls 3
enter the gungeon
hitman

So much good

SFV, Fire Emblem, and various other fighting games have been like all of my gaming time for games dropped in 2016. Definitely need to give DS3 and Gungeon a playthrough soon before all the summer and fall games start to really drop.

witness
overwatch
doom
dark souls 3
enter the gungeon
hitman

So much good

I've been keeping a list this year of game/movies/shows that I really liked so I don't forget about them come GOTY time. My list looks more like:

Oxenfree
XCOM 2
Firewatch
Devil Daggers
Super Hot
The Division
Enter the Gungeon
Ratchet and Clank
Hitman
Uncharted 4
Doom

I anticipate adding Overwatch when I play that, Paragon once it goes open beta and get to spend more time with it, and the Witness when the Summer gets slow and I have the time to dedicate to it.

It's been a heck of a year so far, and we're only through the first quarter.

SFV, Fire Emblem, and various other fighting games have been like all of my gaming time for games dropped in 2016. Definitely need to give DS3 and Gungeon a playthrough soon before all the summer and fall games start to really drop.

I've been keeping a list this year of game/movies/shows that I really liked so I don't forget about them come GOTY time. My list looks more like:

Oxenfree
XCOM 2
Firewatch
Devil Daggers
Super Hot
The Division
Enter the Gungeon
Ratchet and Clank
Hitman
Uncharted 4
Doom

I anticipate adding Overwatch when I play that, Paragon once it goes open beta and get to spend more time with it, and the Witness when the Summer gets slow and I have the time to dedicate to it.

It's been a heck of a year so far, and we're only through the first quarter.

Man there's so much stuff that I missed a ton. Yeah, this is a year for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom