• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

hm, I know Jeff has played some Amiga stuff on stream, but it was probably on an emulator. There's a decent chance he has one though - You should ask on his Tumblr.

Is it like a CD32 thing or something on a floppy? Old demoscene floppies would be worth inventing an entire new feature.

hamchan

I think I have potential Demo Derby content that I could send to GB, but I'm wondering if they even have the console/machine that the disks require.

To be honest the chances of them covering it are near zero considering people have already sent them what seems like hundreds of demo discs. But if you want to then go for it.

Volotaire

hm, I know Jeff has played some Amiga stuff on stream, but it was probably on an emulator. There's a decent chance he has one though - You should ask on his Tumblr.

Is it like a CD32 thing or something on a floppy? Old demoscene floppies would be worth inventing an entire new feature.

Yeh I might do that.

EDIT: like a floppy.

To be honest the chances of them covering it are near zero considering people have already sent them what seems like hundreds of demo discs. But if you want to then go for it.

Yeh I was thinking that. And in addition to that they get sent many other old games too. There's probabaly a ton of games that have been sent but haven't been shown in the mailbags.

justjim89

I used to have a few old Gamecube demo discs I wish I could send them, they were good stuff. Also wish I'd held onto my copy of Dokapon Kingdom because that game is expensive as fuck secondhand but it would make for some great content.

I had a dream I got banned for talking too much about anime. Maybe I'm spending too much time on Neogaf.

Does GB ever post up what they have in their archives? Gamegumps started doing that once they began receiving 10+ copies of the same game and it was actually kind of useful to see if your stuff had already been sent in.

Tested are moving offices and having a yard sale for all the swag they have accumulated. Not for charity. Just selling it. They even take credit cards. I wonder if Norm will be manning the register.

Maybe Will got out at the right time.

http://www.tested.com/tech/570719-great-tested-garage-sale-2016/

Jamie & Adam's Adam Savage's Tested really is the nightmare scenario that people envisioned for GB when CBS bought them.

I feel bad for every Whiskey Media site that isn't GB, now that I think about it.

Having seen Mario Party 9 in content form now, I can't help but wonder how Mario Party Party will work with that one.
Comicvine was recently folded into Gamespot. And the duders use it as second PM account.

Screened still lives in peoples' hearts.

I'm no expert on anime vice.

Anime Vice lives on in form as well as spirit... as a Youtube channel. Although checking it now, it might be dead; they haven't posted a new video in two months.
Tested are moving offices and having a yard sale for all the swag they have accumulated. Not for charity. Just selling it. They even take credit cards. I wonder if Norm will be manning the register.

Maybe Will got out at the right time.

http://www.tested.com/tech/570719-great-tested-garage-sale-2016/

That's gross. I went into that article expecting a "...proceeds will go to charity," but it just goes to their renovation/building costs.

pls don't ever do this Giant Bomb.

pizzacat

Banned
So like I've seen style savvy and is that a meme or do people really really like what it is, is there something more to just dressing up?

repeater

That's gross. I went into that article expecting a "...proceeds will go to charity," but it just goes to their renovation/building costs.

Of course they wouldn't.

If GB ever ran on hard times financially, the last ditch effort would be Dan getting back into the Tshirt business.

Salarians

So like I've seen style savvy and is that a meme or do people really really like what it is, is there something more to just dressing up?
It's genuinely good, but no, that's about it. The store management systems are super simple and most of the game is picking out clothes to fit a customer's tastes, which can be as simple as ticking off a box on the search and selecting the most expensive item you have in stock that still fits into their budget. I haven't played Happy Home Designer, but the descriptions I've heard of it make the two sound similar.

I enjoyed my time with it and it was absolutely worth the $15 I paid.

popo

Having seen Mario Party 9 in content form now, I can't help but wonder how Mario Party Party will work with that one.

Anime Vice lives on in form as well as spirit... as a Youtube channel. Although checking it now, it might be dead; they haven't posted a new video in two months.

Gross is maybe a little OTT. I doubt they are selling stuff they got for review etc. buy yeah, not a sign of strength.

I want them to charity drive sell old shit from the office, or equipment not being used. Or archives of some nature. Maybe Luchadeer! Oh man how awesome would that be to have for your own?

They can sell the trash they get in mailbags.

Salarians

This is kind of odd: CNET's Jeff Bakalar only just reviewed the 2DS a few days ago.

EDIT: Forgot about the recent US price drop.
3.5 stars
OVERALL: 7.2
Design: 7.0
Features: 7.0
Performance: 7.0
tumblr_lzlywz7qa61qzlvmi.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Man... I miss Screened so much.

Never cared for Animevice or Comicvine myself but that's still a bummer.

Yeah Tested kinda went down the crapper, especially after Will left. I really don't think that Norm has it in him to run a whole website on his shoulders. Also, I always thought it was a bit weird that Norm's fiancee started showing up almost overnight in their content when Will left.

I still enjoy the One day build kind of videos from Adam's workshop but I'm not listening to the podcasts or any of the other content.

WWE Extreme Rules tonight. YOU GUYS READY FOR SOME WRASSLIN?!

Call me crazy but I think Raw has been really good since wrasslemania, and I REALLY like what they've been doing with the Heavyweight championship and the Intercontinental championship. There's like... layers to the stories kinda. like an onion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom