• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwy_61

Banned
yeah i got so excited when best buy sent me an email saying that the release was pushed up a day.

then i found out that meant dick.

Teddified

If Blood and Wine is just super great and lengthy I might just consider it as another game for GOTY purposes and put it on my list maybe even at 1 since I do like Witcher more then Uncharted.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Starcraft 2 was fine on launch
Diablo 3 was bad
Warlords of Draenor was fucking awful at launch(and still is /rimshot)

I'd bet more on Overwatch being like Starcraft than Diablo since there's not as much outside bullshit and systems to worry about.

So I just moved into a new apartment that doesn't have ethernet access... not certain that Overwatch is gonna be playable on the 70ms pings that my PS4 is getting right now. I'm probably gonna take the risk anyway because i need this

Scalebound screamed "WHY AM I BEING DEMO'D AT A PRESS CONFERENCE" to me when we last saw it. I'm sure it's fine. Just looked like one of those games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like we're living in the timeline where the joke about wanting platinum to do everything became true and it turned out not to be as awesome as everybody think it is.

I feel like we're living in the timeline where the joke about wanting platinum to do everything came through and it turned out not to be as awesome as everybody think it is.

I feel that Avatar & Transformers were good games but not great and the reason is not Platinum but clearly the budget. TMNT will probably be a good game and just that.

Myggen

Anyone got a recommendation for a free program that`s decent at cutting out parts of a video? I`m probably gonna start posting clips of the video podcast instead of the raw audio when they start doing the Bombcast in video form. I use Audacity for audio which is great, but from what I`m aware it does not do video.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone got a recommendation for a free program that`s decent at cutting out parts of a video? I`m probably gonna start posting clips of the video podcast instead of the raw audio when they start doing the Bombcast in video form. I use Audacity for audio which is great, but from what I`m aware it does not do video.

avidemux

just cut at the keyframes, then just remux to your preferred container (I use mkv).

Tubobutts

I was hoping you'd do that because that's the only way I'm going to watch the video podcast.

Volotaire

New era.

I feel like we're living in the timeline where the joke about wanting platinum to do everything became true and it turned out not to be as awesome as everybody think it is.

Nah, because their "everything" output has been small budget licensed games so far. Avatar was bad but Transformers was quite enjoyable. No idea how this TMNT will stack up but the designs look nice. It's still a small budget though.

Nier and Scalebound will tell us how they do for bigger projects. I expect those games to be incredible.

if Nier 2 isn't somehow one of the best games of this/next year I will be astonished

Platinum and Yoko Taro are polar opposites in terms of specialities, absolute giants at what they do best but miserable at certain things - bring them together and they fix each other's problems. Throw in Yoshida and it's a classic in the making. The most exciting dev team Square's had since Chrono Trigger

if Nier 2 isn't somehow one of the best games of this/next year I will be astonished

Something has to go incredibly wrong for that to happen. There's way too much talent in every department for it to not be an amazing game and everything they've showed/said so far has seemed excellent.

I dunno, that TMNT game looks super bare-bones. I don't have much faith in it being very interesting for more than like one stage

e: though it'll be real hard to be worse than the Turtles in Time remake

Myggen

I was hoping you'd do that because that's the only way I'm going to watch the video podcast.

I will probably listen almost exclusively to the audio version since I listen to podcasts when doing other stuff and have never seen a video podcast that really adds much to the experience, but audio and video version will obviously have the same timestamps so it`ll be easy to just cut the video version for YT.

At the very least, The Prodigy is doing the soundtrack for Scalebound so that should be great

edit: wait, no, there's just an existing Prodigy song in the game, my b

Rising and Transformers are both fantastic and Nier 2 looks like it's shaping up. There have been some duds but when they hit they totally nail it.

I dunno, that TMNT game looks super bare-bones. I don't have much faith in it being very interesting for more than like one stage

e: though it'll be real hard to be worse than the Turtles in Time remake
It looks awful, it doesn't help that it's coming off of Transformers Devastation which was equally low budget but ended up basically being Bayonetta with Transformers.

Myggen

Have the team set a specific week for when they are starting the video podcasts?

Nah, it`s probably just something they`ll do when they`re ready. They`ve talked about how they`ve actually been recording the video version of the podcast for a few weeks now to try out different stuff and see what works and what doesn`t, so will probably happen as soon as they`re happy with the result.

My guess is that it`ll probably happen soon after E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom