• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintyice

Calling it now, Seth Rollins is making his return during that match.

Fuck I wish. I miss Seth Rollins so much. I can't see him as a mid carder though... He was the best as a cocky coward champ.

Call me crazy but I think Raw has been really good since wrasslemania, and I REALLY like what they've been doing with the Heavyweight championship and the Intercontinental championship. There's like... layers to the stories kinda. like an onion

I've been watching way more NXT than RAW. I'll read the recaps but RAW seems super pointless when they recap everything the hour before the a PPV anyway.

Fuck I wish. I miss Seth Rollins so much. I can't see him as a mid carder though... He was the best as a cocky coward champ.

I've been watching way more NXT than RAW. I'll read the recaps but RAW seems super pointless when they recap everything the hour before the a PPV anyway.

Now that most of the people I liked on NXT are on the main roster I've actually stopped watching NXT weekly. I'm content with just watching the Takeovers now

I don't even know who those two people could be.

Sandow and Rhodes. Sandow's maybe not a great in-ring talent and Stardust is a character that had failure written all over it, but they both did their thing with so much God damn gusto that it was hard not to find them endearing.

Calling it now, Seth Rollins is making his return during that match.

I would mark out soooo hard.

Call me crazy but I think Raw has been really good since wrasslemania, and I REALLY like what they've been doing with the Heavyweight championship and the Intercontinental championship. There's like... layers to the stories kinda. like an onion

I've been thoroughly enjoying RAW these past few weeks. New Day's promo this week killed me.

yami4ct

boy if Evil Within can get a GOTY version then there's hope for all of us

Hearing the defenders about that game talk make them sound almost as crazy as the RE6 defends. Almost. They aren't there, because no one out crazies the RE6 folks, but they're up there.

yami4ct

They're in there with the Driveclub people

The best defense of Drive Club I've heard from those people is basically 'it isn't that bad'. It feels like even the most desperate of Sony fans has given up on that one catching.

Does anyone ardently defend The Crew? Now that's a defense I'd love to hear.

"Guess what, CNET's audience ain't 20. News break."

That conversation was bracing. Jeffalar is a determinator just like Jerstmann is.

Hearing the defenders about that game talk make them sound almost as crazy as the RE6 defends. Almost. They aren't there, because no one out crazies the RE6 folks, but they're up there.

Most RE6 defense I've seen is about the combat and such. Unless I've been avoiding the crazy MGSV-level defense somewhere.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The best defense of Drive Club I've heard from those people is basically 'it isn't that bad'. It feels like even the most desperate of Sony fans has given up on that one catching.

Pretty sure some actually blame Jeff for people at Evolution losing their jobs. Don't underestimate the sheer insanity of Driveclub fans.

mintyice

Sandow and Rhodes. Sandow's maybe not a great in-ring talent and Stardust is a character that had failure written all over it, but they both did their thing with so much God damn gusto that it was hard not to find them endearing.

Whoa Rhodes wants to be released? That's crazy. It makes sense, but I always kind of liked Stardust.

Now that most of the people I liked on NXT are on the main roster I've actually stopped watching NXT weekly. I'm content with just watching the Takeovers now

Nakamura doe

yami4ct

Watch all the UC4 cutscenes on youtube and play Doom.

UC4 is so much more than the cutscenes. The gorgeous vistas, the way the characters animate around the environment, the fun of actually playing the car chases and shit.

It's a style of game that certainly isn't for everyone, but what's there is amazing if it clicks with you.

Shit, I don't know if my next game should be UC4 or Doom.

Depends on what type of game you enjoy more. Do you want a nonstop shooting gallery? Play DOOM. It's probably one of the best one of those released in a good while. Do you want to hop around some pretty environments, take in a pretty great story and mess around in some action set pieces? Uncharted 4 is the best one of those kinds of games that's been released since UC2.

UC4 is so much more than the cutscenes. The gorgeous vistas, the way the characters animate around the environment, the fun of actually playing the car chases and shit.

It's a style of game that certainly isn't for everyone, but what's there is amazing if it clicks with you.

Yes, not to mention the journal Nate uses and the optional dialogue scattered throughout. It would be a disservice to watch the cutscenes only since they don't even make up most of the game lol.

Was this after the Intellectual Savior and Dashing Cody Rhodes? Or was that what got you back in?

I heard of Stardust first in the Giant Bomb videos he was in, and caught Sandow doing the Mizdow bit on TV some time after. I thought it was stupid bullshit until I saw just how much he acted like Miz, at which point I thought it was pretty great bullshit.

Toparaman

Banned

Depends on what type of game you enjoy more. Do you want a nonstop shooting gallery? Play DOOM. It's probably one of the best one of those released in a good while. Do you want to hop around some pretty environments, take in a pretty great story and mess around in some action set pieces? Uncharted 4 is the best one of those kinds of games that's been released since UC2.

Both of those sound pretty good to me tbh. I'll be coming off of GTAV, if that helps.

Strax

Sony should've given away the whole game for free from day one, that would've been a baller move.

yami4ct

Both of those sound pretty good to me tbh. I'll be coming off of GTAV, if that helps.

I would say this about both games.

Since I play Uncharted for the spectacle and story, I think DOOM is more replayable. That's a game you could run through multiple times on different difficulties and have more fun than I think you would doing something similar with UC4.

Uncharted, though, is way more spoilable. If you care about not losing that sense of surprise, you might want to play that one first.

I haven't played DOOM yet, but it seems to be amazingly successful at what it's going for. They both are great games and you can't go wrong. I would lean toward Uncharted, but that's just personal taste.

Does anyone ardently defend The Crew? Now that's a defense I'd love to hear.

I still enjoy playing Driveclub from time to time, most of what I love about it is how it's in the middle between simulation and arcade-y. The surprising thing about it is how much the developers added to the game for free, like insane shit from graphical updates to levels and all. It is to be commended.

e:
I love The Evil Within but then again I'm a survivor horror nut so the clunky controls never bothered me. Beat that shit on AKUMU difficulty.

Toparaman

Banned
I would say this about both games.

Since I play Uncharted for the spectacle and story, I think DOOM is more replayable. That's a game you could run through multiple times on different difficulties and have more fun than I think you would doing something similar with UC4.

Uncharted, though, is way more spoilable. If you care about not losing that sense of surprise, you might want to play that one first.

I haven't played DOOM yet, but it seems to be amazingly successful at what it's going for. They both are great games and you can't go wrong. I would lean toward Uncharted, but that's just personal taste.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Uncharted as well, since its more story-oriented. Thanks.

I heard of Stardust first in the Giant Bomb videos he was in, and caught Sandow doing the Mizdow bit on TV some time after. I thought it was stupid bullshit until I saw just how much he acted like Miz, at which point I thought it was pretty great bullshit.

You should check out their tag team run as the Rhodes Scholars and their feud that came from it.

Megasoum

Banned
wveOt6y.png

e:
I love The Evil Within but then again I'm a survivor horror nut so the clunky controls never bothered me. Beat that shit on AKUMU difficulty.

I wanted to like it but couldn't do it. I was doing nightmare from start and made it to chapter 10 before I couldn't take it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom