• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the few devs that gets the benefit of the doubt from me. W101 is one of my favorite games ever.

W101 is such a weird game. It's highs are higher than anything else Platinum has done but it also has some really bad low points, I still enjoyed it but I don't know that I'd ever want to play it again.

TMNT is apparently not good.

if Nier 2 isn't somehow one of the best games of this/next year I will be astonished

Platinum and Yoko Taro are polar opposites in terms of specialities, absolute giants at what they do best but miserable at certain things - bring them together and they fix each other's problems. Throw in Yoshida and it's a classic in the making. The most exciting dev team Square's had since Chrono Trigger

I still want to know how you called Nier 2 before E3 last year.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also holy shit fire emblem has one of the more "he's obviously a fucking bad guy like SO BAD AND EVIL" designs I've seen in awhile that it wraps back around to being hilarious.

Antiwhippy

Hey I got a monitor question for you fine people. I have been playing games on this thing:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCGRX9M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And I've been thinking of getting just a regular ass PC monitor. Currently considering this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RORBPCO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You guys think it's worth the switch? I'd be looking at 10ms display lag instead of the 29 which the Samsung I'm currently rocking has.

I've got the 24" version of that. I'm really not one to ask about display lag because it's hard for me to notice but it's pretty smooth from my experience. Really good monitor but be sure to calibrate it because mine was terrible out of the box.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm rewatching Face/Off cause you know... Nic Cage blowing up the LA Convention Center is a great tradition right before E3.

God damn that movie is dumb lol.

Also, CCH Pounder is still one of the most kick ass name in Hollywood

Hey I got a monitor question for you fine people. I have been playing games on this thing:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCGRX9M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And I've been thinking of getting just a regular ass PC monitor. Currently considering this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RORBPCO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You guys think it's worth the switch? I'd be looking at 10ms display lag instead of the 29 which the Samsung I'm currently rocking has.

I also have the 24 inch version and can pretty much echo whippys thoughts.

W101 is such a weird game. It's highs are higher than anything else Platinum has done but it also has some really bad low points, I still enjoyed it but I don't know that I'd ever want to play it again.

It encapsulates that company really well as a whole, where their games usually have high points and some really low points in comparison to other video games.

Antiwhippy

Cool. So the calibration part...do I need a PC for that?

I used windows inbuilt calibration stuff but if the thing you want to hook it up to doesn't have a calibration tool there are some settings in the Amazon reviews you can adjust from.

Salarians

Jason = Angel Wings
Jeff = We Speak Chinese
Dan = Whiplash
Brad = I Can Be
Drew = Flying Forever
Vinny = Firework
Austin = Seeing What's Next
Alex = Breathing Underwater
Rorie = Darkness
Bakalar = In My Dreams

Remember the Division? Boy people lost interest in that one real quick

The lesson, as always, is to keep playing dota

I could write you a 10 page paper about why that game fell off a cliff. but I dont want to take the time to do so because it makes me too sad.

I love the division. I have over 100 hours in that game. But my friends and I will likely never go back to it because of the way Massive fucked up so badly. They had one shot and they really, really blew it.

Unless they can Taken King that shit and make it worthwhile to go back to, it's going to remain a dead agme.

Antiwhippy

I dunno, at some point I feel like if you got 100 hours out of a game it seems like it's more than enough for a game to give?

I dunno, at some point I feel like if you got 100 hours out of a game it seems like it's more than enough for a game to give?

But that's not the game they were trying to make. It should be a game that can give far more than 100 hours, but the endgame just...isn't there. The "Incursions" are just you in a room for 15 waves of enemies that spam grenades endlessly.

Like, I want to still be playing that game with my friends on a regular basis. But there's just nothing to DO. It's supposed to be a game with a fun endgame loop, but they failed at providing one.

Antiwhippy

But that's not the game they were trying to make. It should be a game that can give far more than 100 hours, but the endgame just...isn't there. The "Incursions" are just you in a room for 15 waves of enemies that spam grenades endlessly.

Like, I want to still be playing that game with my friends on a regular basis. But there's just nothing to DO. It's supposed to be a game with a fun endgame loop, but they failed at providing one.

Hmm, I think my problem is that I can't really find myself going through loops like that. Even games that I've gone deep on like borderlands 2 I've pretty much stopped at 100hrs, and I plain don't like playing MMOs so I don't have experience for that either.

Only game I've gone truly deep on where my playtime was recorded was pokemon XY, with 300hrs.

Hmm, I think my problem is that I can't really find myself going through loops like that. Even games that I've gone deep on like borderlands 2 I've pretty much stopped at 100hrs, and I plain don't like playing MMOs so I don't have experience for that either.

Only game I've gone truly deep on where my playtime was recorded was pokemon XY, with 300hrs.

Yeah, same here. Once I finished the game and hit max level, that was enough for me.

Normally I'd just argue he's only a monk, but putting electricity on your fireballs is pretty wizard-like.

4886075-1764045-volgin.jpg

A wizard?

Tubobutts

I don't think he has to be a wizard to put electricity in his fireballs. Maybe he has a magic item that he got from a wizard that can do it.

That's fair, it only really hooks certain people. The new patch hitting tuesday is adding some new daily stuff to do, so hopefully that will get me to log in for a few hours a week to do those missions that I would hope add some variety to the grind.

Here, I'll summarize it in three words: garbage anti cheat.

Well, yeah. That wrecked the dark zone, and then the problem because "oh, shit, there's nothing to do outside of the darkzone unless you really like running lexington event center on challenging"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom