• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

I just realized that the two games I'm most interested in seeing stuff for are both Ubisoft games. I hope their press conference is great/terrible again.

daydream

Banned
i clicked on a link dan tweeted out to some clickbait article on 'the greatest taco bell'

reason it's the greatest is 'cause it's next to some grimy beach, something about fire sauce and you have a shitty view on some "mountains"

i clicked on a link dan tweeted out to some clickbait article on 'the greatest taco bell'

reason it's the greatest is 'cause it's next to some grimy beach, something about fire sauce and you have a shitty view on some "mountains"

yeah I thought the same thing, I kept thinking I missed something special about it aside from it being next to a beach. I guess the bar for "greatest Taco Bell" is predictably low, though.

Aitchbone, Sausage and Lasagne are pretty good.

I can't report on anything because I'm already experiencing what I hope we don't experience once this thing starts.

mcw5xxi.jpg

bXpkIXE.jpg

yami4ct

Playing Xenoblade X has made me realize that No Man's Sky, and open world RPGs as well, could learn a lot from that game. It's so good at rewarding the player not only for battle, but for exploration. Need money? Sure you could do quests, but you could also could go and find probe points and set stuff up to generate income as you could explore. The value of the random collectables you just pick up also gets pretty significant. Need to level your skills? You can find little things to excavate or you could fill out the collector's book.

The only things you're really required to get out of battles are monsters materials and EXP for your base level (Which seems to be pretty much soley to lock you out of equipment) as well as class EXP. It even gives you an alternate way to get mats as you can just exchange reward tickets for them.

Exploration games are typically really bad at rewarding players for non-combat activities, but it's cool to see one get it right.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think it's a little presumptuous to say what NMS needs to learn when the game isn't even out yet. :p

Also that kinda sounds like the Fallout 4 settlement stuff.

yami4ct

I think it's a little presumptuous to say what NMS needs to learn when the game isn't even out yet. :p

I mean, the things I really hope they get right as well. I'm not super interested in that game, but a really great reward system for the exploration could do it wonders.

why should they put the servers up before their release date

actually, they already ARE putting them up before release considering they go live tomorrow at 7:00 EST instead of on the 24th

I'm not opposed to the idea of them not getting the servers up before release date, that's logical. What I'm saying is I don't think the menu should have been tied to the servers but I guess this is one of those "press A and everything is going to be on servers" type of game.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm looking for a game to play since I want to resist the urge to play DOOM even if I have it installed on my PC right now.

I think I might finally play Minerva's Den... If it works on a modern PC... Time to find out.

They should run the Minecraft mod for the Vive on the next VRodeo. It's room scale, with teleporting and Vive controller support and I was shocked by how well the implemented the motion controls and UI. A real pleasant surprise.

Megasoum

Banned
It's pretty good.

I played it a few months ago, it's great.

Yeah I just played a bit.

On the technical side it's totally fine. The only thing is that it actually changed the global Windows brightness instead of using a custom setting specific to the game so my second screen looks super bright when I play but it goes back to normal when I quit so whatever.

Brad already spoiled the ending for me during the GOTY cast but I only have a vague memory of it.

Scizzy

yeah I thought the same thing, I kept thinking I missed something special about it aside from it being next to a beach. I guess the bar for "greatest Taco Bell" is predictably low, though.

I would think that Dan would subscribe to the theory that all Taco Bells are equally great. Guess not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jason loves salt and sanctuary, fighters, souls games and now overwatch.

Jason is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom