• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

There's still The Last Guardian too.

I'm super terrified that that game isn't being worked on by the real Team ICO and Sony has just been bringing Ueda around as a bit of a ruse. The worst thing in the world would be another team making a game wearing Ueda's design as a skin.

That fear is 99% unfounded, but man I hope that game is what it could be.

I don't see what the big deal about TLG is

nothing there looks particularly amazing and it's not like it's guaranteed to be an incredible game should it come out

Meneses

I'm super terrified that that game isn't being worked on by the real Team ICO and Sony has just been bringing Ueda around as a bit of a ruse. The worst thing in the world would be another team making a game wearing Ueda's design as a skin.

That fear is 99% unfounded, but man I hope that game is what it could be.

Actually, I think at some point Ueda did leave?

I was surprised to see him with Sony again. I don't know if it was only a ruse or if he's actually back.

Felt kinda like that Square bit of bringing out Sakaguchi and Uematsu to tell people that FF15 is good.

yami4ct

Actually, I think at some point Ueda did leave?

I was surprised to see him with Sony again. I don't know if it was only a ruse or if he's actually back.

Felt kinda like that Square bit of bringing out Sakaguchi and Uematsu to tell people that FF15 is good.

He did and he founded a new studio, genDESIGN, who's working with Sony to finish the game apparently? We didn't even know about him having a new studio until the Last Guardian re-reveal last year.

Hense, my slight apprehension.

yami4ct

A lot of my apprehension comes from the fact that I had heard Sony Santa Monica was brought in to take over the game from Japan Studio and finally bring it to market. There was no mention of Ueda at the time and his part was assumed to be done.

Now we have this new studio involved, and Ueda's still with it? That game has had a storied run.

I think calling No Man's Sky vaporware is a bit silly. It was announced less than 3 years ago and has now received its first delay, which may be just a month or two.

Curufinwe

NMS delay means I'll probably get TMS #FE in June now.

A late July release would give it a month before Deus Ex MD comes out, which would suit my schedule nicely.

hamchan

Overwatch

hpIKjMu.jpg

yami4ct

The ending to Xenoblade Chronicles X is dummmmmmmmb. It's 'it's a month before we have to go gold and we forgot to finish the story' dumb. It's kinda the best.

Salarians

Which Overwatch characters should each of the GB crew cosplay as?

The ending to Xenoblade Chronicles X is dummmmmmmmb. It's 'it's a month before we have to go gold and we forgot to finish the story' dumb. It's kinda the best.
Is there a glowing projection of a child asking you to pick your favorite color?

yami4ct

Is there a glowing projection of a child asking you to pick your favorite color?

It's close to Mass Effect 3 dumb, but the whole game is batshit so it kind of works.

As much as I want to see a return to the Xenoblade 1 quality of writing and see a game that's much less silly than Monolith, I would kind of dig if they made that game in the Xenoblade X world. They hint at so many ridiculous things going on and explain like 1/10th of them.

Adnor

Banned
How does GB do the E3 streams? Are they free for all, or premium content? I've listened the podcast for years but haven't really followed the streams.

Jintor

to be honest the fact that overwatch has a korean esports cute girl evangelion pilot in it kinda makes me want to play it

damn my susceptibility

Overwatch just makes me bummed titan didn't happen.

Everything about the world and characters and presentation seems great. Got zero interest in that style of game though.

Salarians

In other news, that Final Fantasy movie is looking pretty good.
The characters look 1000% better than the game's character, even ignoring the disparity in graphical quality. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

I kind of just want FFXV to just be out and done with so they can move onto something new. It's been ten years damn years.

yami4ct

In other news, that Final Fantasy movie is looking pretty good.

How much did they spend on that thing? Jesus. That CG fidelity is just nuts. Is the thing gonna secretly be 4 seconds long?

I'm kinda weirdly pumped about FFXV, but then again I like XIII decently well, so I'm not necessarily someone who's opinion you should trust.

demazin

Which Overwatch characters should each of the GB crew cosplay as?

Alrighty, here we go;

Dan = McCree (He really likes Red Dead)
Jeff = Winston (Leader of the group)
Brad = Zaryya (Same kinda hair......)
Drew = Junkrat (I think Junkrat likes motorsport, too)
Vinny = Zenyatta (All wise and nicy shiny skull)
Rorie = Mercy (Support!)
Alex = Reaper (Not sure really)
Austin = D.Va (Mecha!)
Jason = Torbjorn (Good at building stuff)

Houndi101

Alrighty, here we go;

Rorie = Mercy (Support!)
Austin = D.Va (Mecha!)

Alex is fine because he's eeedggyyyy (he isn't really tho)
Jason should be Genji because of that Naruto headband

Alrighty, here we go;

Rorie = Mercy (Support!)
Austin = D.Va (Mecha!)

Drew is definitely Genji HANZO. He used a bow and arrow on the Big Live Live Show once.

Bow and Arrow dude is Hanzo. Genji is the cyber-ninja.

Jeez, and I mainly play as Hanzo, too. It's late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom