• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

shit

they're both gonna die aren't they

The dog is going to die and the little boy is going to have to find the strength in himself to overcome the final obstacles.

The boy will die and the dog has to sadly complete his master's final task.

Both dying is too easy. Killing one and have the other continue on while grieving tugs at the heartstrings way more.

Jintor

The dog is going to die and the little boy is going to have to find the strength in himself to overcome the final obstacles.

The boy will die and the dog has to sadly complete his master's final task.

Both dying is too easy. Killing one and have the other continue on while grieving tugs at the heartstrings way more.

They could kill one, have another third of the game, and then have him come back but the other one dies

Weetrick

Alrighty, here we go;

Dan = McCree (He really likes Red Dead)

Nah, this alt Soldier 76 skin:

119a6bc1841b4dae595e7effe36fd16e.png

yami4ct

The fact that I own .hack vol. 1, 2 and 4, but I rented vol. 3 will forever haunt me. Or at least, it will until I break down and spend the kind of dumb money to finish the set. I was an idiot as a kid.

I'm sad I never bought the GU stuff either. That stuff goes for insane cash. Dammit Bandai, give us PS2 classics versions of those or even better HD remasters.

Zaph

Mercy is the most satisfying character to play. Frantically alternating between heal and damage boosts while trying to hold a point, then pulling off a clutch revive, feels great.

Problem is, in most pubs you heal people and they don't even bother to attack the person attacking you.

Vinny Cure-a-Fella.

Very good

Mercy is the most satisfying character to play. Frantically alternating between heal and damage boosts while trying to hold a point, then pulling off a clutch revive, feels great.

Problem is, in most pubs you heal people and they don't even bother to attack the person attacking you.

With the amount of movement options and the way the maps are designed it's really easy for a healer to be the first one to die, especially with an uncoordinated team. Can make playing a healer really frustrating.

Strax

We all saw it coming.

Did we tho? The game was supposed to come out in 2015 when it was revealed even though that info is from a leak or some Sean throwaway interview line.

When games get delayed for 1-2 months to a year I get the feeling that the studio is fixing some game breaking bugs and changing small systems. Everything over 18 months feels like they've changed some core thing from the OG design document.

Jintor

it's hard to tell right now, but do you guys think if i wait maybe 2-3 months to jump into overwatch it'll pan out? It felt like Jeff was a bit down about the long-term but I never found any real problems with TF2... but I was on the ground floor there and I kept at it for like 2 or 3 years before I began getting phased out.

Zaph

it's hard to tell right now, but do you guys think if i wait maybe 2-3 months to jump into overwatch it'll pan out? It felt like Jeff was a bit down about the long-term but I never found any real problems with TF2... but I was on the ground floor there and I kept at it for like 2 or 3 years before I began getting phased out.

I think you'll be fine. With the way Blizzard supports and promotes games, it's always going to have a large playerbase with lots of new people joining regularly.

I don't know that there will be a huge difference over the course of a 2-3 month wait. I imagine it will be ages before the general online population becomes more savage.

Itll be fine, its fine now.

Jeff seemed to be very set in the idea of filling out the roster balanced but sometimes its works well if you don't have a healer.

Also he was taking about a game less then 24 hours from release. I play pug games all the time and there are healers all the time.

EDIT: also once competitive mode drops all the super good players will be playing in that mode probalbly

demidar

I don't know that there will be a huge difference over the course of a 2-3 month wait. I imagine it will be ages before the general online population becomes more savage.

It's a Blizzard game so I would expect a very large population covering the entire skill spectrum for a very long time.

popo

You don't really want Last Guardian to really come out do you?

For the longest time LG has been unobserved and thus in a state of quantum flux. Neither good nor bad. Once they let it out of the box everyone will know it is just another bad game.

-----

Also, Salvia just got banned in the UK along with a long list of other so called "legal" highs. I feel Contradiction 2 is going to be a much darker game.

2855904-salvia.jpg

Peru

Overwatch is the kind of game where I don't doubt or question any of the praise it gets, but it's just not for me. Like if someone came up to me and talked about how to raise horses - I'd appreciate their perspective on something they're really enthusiastic about, but I would never entertain the idea of entering a stable to try it out. I would however try Overwatch out if forced to choose between that and a real MOBA game - which genre is at the bottom of my list.

I'd find the delay more of a story if it weren't just a month (or two?) push back. That basically means just resetting the release date and not some kind of serious rebuilding of the game.

Now if it keeps getting pushed back, we'll know something is up.

Those people who took paid vacation days for the game's release though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom